Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Megasquirt files

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 03:04 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think there are plenty of things in between these days its not as simple as mega squirt or tec 3 at ten times the cost SDS wolf EMS perfect power .
all these motronic editors are brilliant and probably as good as cheap ecus
Old 02-05-2008, 12:15 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 102 Posts

I've got my Turbo running MS2 for fuel only. I had my n/a running fuel as well with a microsquirt. I've pulled the wiring out of it for the winter so I could complete the adapter box and run the system as a nearly plug and play option. Once the weather isn't so friggin cold here, I'll plug it back in and see if it will run the stock sensors to control spark and fuel. Here is my pelican parts thread with all the steps and settings files that I used for the n/a. I see no reason that it wouldn't work for a turbo with some minor changes and tuning.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=365785
Old 02-05-2008, 01:17 PM
johnnybegoodrn7
5th Gear

Dear Mr. RPHARRIS
I cant pm you but if you could, would you show how you built your ms2 for spark and timing. I have an 87 944 turbo with autothority stage two, maf, arc2, cat bypass. Can’t get the idle to work right and I have 72# injectors that I want to run at 18# boost.
If there is a way to go parallel with the stock ecu, that’s what I would like to do.
On the DIYAutoTune FAQ, They said that to use the stock ecu would be possible with the ms2.
Any suggestions for this setup or similar would be very helpful
Thank you in advance
rickynew@grandecom.net is my e-mail
Thank you johnnybegoodrn7
Old 02-05-2008, 05:37 PM
RPHARRIS
Racer

If there is a way to go parallel with the stock ecu, that’s what I would like to do.
By far the simplest way to do this is to leave the stock ecu in control of timing and do fuel only. You can get the tach signal for th ms2 from the negative side of the coil and then its just matter of wiring the injectors, IAT, CLT, TPS, 12V, GND, etc to the MS2. Let me know if you want something more specific.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:07 PM
fourniem76
Advanced

Default Megasquirt files - as a base map

Hello everyone...

thx for all the replies .. I am somewhat familiar with MS as a complete stand alone system with the Ford EDIS as I had my track 944 NA running fine on it and my son & I did his MR2 supercharged daily driver this way as well. I would like to find some maps already running in a car as a base startup before I go on the dyno as I believe that the base map generated by MSII is not suitable for the turbo ( I already blew 2 head gaskets on the dyno). In each of the other installs someone provided me with maps that I refined on the dyno..

I will share all of my files with anyone once it is running good .... just remember ..it is a track only car...

Thx,

Michel
Old 02-05-2008, 11:18 PM
RPHARRIS
Racer

I'll see what I can dig up. They'll get you running but beyond that I can't really say.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:56 AM
RPHARRIS
Racer

These should get you started.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:58 AM
RPHARRIS
Racer

careful with that ignition map though, it looks fairly "aggressive"
Old 02-06-2008, 02:07 AM
RPHARRIS
Racer

Actually, start with this one. (This is the one I was using when I ran the 14.2 @ 101 it was 99 degrees and my IATs were through the roof with no pinging, so it should be a safe starting point)

Check out this thread:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...tandalone+maps
Old 02-06-2008, 03:05 AM
pete95zhn
Former Vendor

Received 109 Likes on 63 Posts

Hello RPHarris!

With what Req_fuel is that VE-table made?
Do you use stock ICV, and if yes, do you run it with MS or DME? If with MS, I'd be very intersted in seeing the settings...

TIA, Pete
Old 02-06-2008, 03:42 AM
RPHARRIS
Racer

No IAC / ICV / stepper valve. I just raised the idle a smidge with the stopper screw. Sounds crude, but the climate is so temperate where I live that I don't think I have ever had to start it the car when the coolant temp was bellow 55 degrees f. It idles around 750-800 when cold and 1200 hot. I even ran it this way for a while with the DME. If you need one where you live, diyautotune.com has a great solution.

-Bob
Old 02-08-2008, 12:43 PM
johnnybegoodrn7
5th Gear

Smile

Thanks for the reply.
I hope that I have not high jacked this thread, if I have please tell me and I will start A new thread!!!!
Wouldn't you say that controlling the spark would give you more control of the engine, and further upgrades, turbo, different fuels ECT..? than just fuel control on these cars. It may be better if I did go with edis, according to the time slips, full control (spark and fuel) did give a better end result than did the fuel control. I was hoping to use the stock ecu only for the output for the Speedo, tack, and other gauges. Do your gauges such as, (Speedo, tack, heat, oil and temp) read accurately, and is the turbo water pump driven by the ms2. I am not convinced that I (have) to stay with the parallel setup, if there are more benefits to going full standalone ms2. Can you break down your setup for others to use as a guide?
Hope that I am not asking too many questions, but if your system works, maybe others like myself would be interested in parts of your setup, like the trigger sensor where to buy the sensor. Where to buy all of the setup needed like (DIYAutoTune.com, they don’t sell the trigger sensor). Maybe, where you bought the packs to run edis, things like that. Thank in advance
And again, sorry for all of the questions. I’ve studied lots of ms FAQ but still have a few.
Thanks for the maps I will use these as a base line when I get that far.
Again thanks

-johnnybegoodrn7
Old 02-08-2008, 08:35 PM
RPHARRIS
Racer

Where to start? haha

At this point, my DME only control the tach. The KLR drives that silly boost gauge. Other than that, all of the other gauges are hardwired to sensors and have nothing to do with the DME or KLR. ...maybe the speedometer is, but I don't think so. I could probably wire my tach to the EDIS tach output at this point, but I haven't done this yet.

My turbo setup is dry, so there is no electric water pump. I don't know if the DME controls that anyway. Mine never worked to begin with

To summarize, I could probably rip out the DME and KLR entirely at this point but I haven't had a chance to even drive the car, let alone work on it since Christmas

As for breaking down my setup... here we go:

MS-II: purchased as a kit from diyautotune.com after I read about them in a Subaru Magazine. I soldered the whole mess together while sitting in front of the TV watching episodes of House and CSI Miami.

Ford / Motorcraft EDIS-4: I purchased a kit on ebay that included: the module, coilpack, connectors, vr sensor, and trigger wheel. It cost about $50. I bought another trigger wheel that was about 5" (I think) OD. I had a local shop machine the ID to about 3.5" so that It fit snuggly on the snout of a Clewett Engineering crank pulley (google them, they are awesome). Mr. Clewett also supplied a special bracket and VR sensor that bolts to the oilpan using existing bolts and is perfectly aligned with the trigger wheel. The Clewett wasn't cheap but the quality is outstanding and you don't want to have problems in this area.

I made the wiring harness from supplies purchased at diyautotune.com and Jegs.com. My engine cooling fans are wired up to a pair of universal relays mounted under the hood near the battery. I could use the spare outputs on the MS to control them, but for now I just have two little switches under the radio. I have another relay for the fuel pump and EDIS and another for the MS itself.

BAHHHH too much writing!

Best of luck to you, keep my updated on your project.

Best,
Bob

Old 02-09-2008, 11:28 AM
fourniem76
Advanced

Default Megasquirt files

Super....thx for the maps... I'll let everyone know how it turns out....

Michel.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

Great to hear 951 MSers. I went with the MSI, currently stock ignition whilen I tune it properly. Then I'll do Wasted Spark.
I used to run stockn dme w/ autothority MAF @ 15 psi and 60-1. With the MSI @ 15 psi the car runs even greater. Due to time, I havent finished tuning the throttle response and spark though.

It really is a LOT OF FUN doing wideband tuning and running around with a laptop shining inside the car at night!

Quick Reply: Megasquirt files