Milledge CF Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:54 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiyoskia
I think I'm going to like this forum...
Only on this forum can you ask about getting a JME intake and the gloves come off, lol.. Welcome!!

Use the search function if you need help with anything. There are a ton of things that have been beaten to death. Some good, some bad.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:55 PM
kiyoskia

Originally Posted by evil 944t
It sounds like a great car, enjoy it.
I plan on enjoying it. I honestly don't want to upset my motor's balance of "beauty" and "beast". That's why I'm staying away from the engine bay for now, and working on the "Carbon Fiber Project"...

...when the time comes that I want to make more power, I'll be ready with plenty of information...but until that time comes, I'll be researching.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:49 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Well maybe you're used to other boards where people answer only your question totally literally. Here you will find that people wander a bit, but hey it's a forum. You'll also get lots of practical advice and some that is perhaps a bit fanciful. You will get many divided opinions. You can use search too. There are plenty of files from former threads that can help here. You can talk to people privately via the PM (private messages)function in the top right hand side of the page or just click on someones name. If you tell people to listen up and pay attention in your first thread, you may just find a few people stand back a bit from helping, so ease your way in here.
If the theme of your thread is basically to make your car a bit better through 'adding lightness' then there are some parts out there available. Not all of them fit very well, but there just may be a few new parts becoming available in the near future so hang around. We don't have a heap of aftermarket add-ons like the Japanese car scene and what's there is often expensive.
Enjoy.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:08 PM
kiyoskia

As I said in the first page...I was researching CF 944 parts, and I happened to stumble across the JME intake manifold.

The theme of the thread was "information about the JME intake manifold", but now that we've all agreed that it's impossible to acquire, somehow the thread has moved on to "why would I want the intake manifold?"

333pg333, I'm not new to vBulletin forums...just new to this one. I'm not trying to be pushy or anything...I'm just wishing that people would actually read before they post. Hell, if you read and gave any thought to this thread's first post, you wouldn't have suggested CF laminate.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:38 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Hell, if you read and gave any thought to this thread's first post, you wouldn't have suggested CF laminate.
Well you assumed I knew how to read, your bad, lol..
Old 01-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you assumed I knew how to read, your bad, lol..

Besides, that's what he use's so it seemed like a natural suggestion!!
Old 01-24-2008, 10:52 PM
kiyoskia

^ Nice...

But seriously...what do you guys think about my CF951 project? I know the weight difference won't be worth the money...that's obvious...but I think it would make the car one-of-a-kind, to say the least...besides, if the paint on top of the carbon fiber ever starts to come away for any reason, it'll only expose the carbon fiber underneath...and I don't think I'd mind.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:59 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Sounds good, do it up!
Old 01-24-2008, 11:04 PM
kiyoskia

Have you ever heard of someone replacing almost every body panel with CF before?
Old 01-24-2008, 11:05 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris Prack
Besides, that's what he use's so it seemed like a natural suggestion!!

Hey, that was 333pg333's suggestion. I use contact paper.

I'm in the process of making a full carbon shell for my track car as we speak. The molds will be started in a week or so. Thats a hood, fenders, quarters, roof, bumper covers, doors. Well, everything but the floor, firewall and shock towers. PM me if you want to get on the bus. I don't have all the prices set as they are for me and not the public.

This is not your normal 1/4" thick fiberglass crap or blown in CF layup. Its the real deal. Not cheap, high quality parts..
Old 01-24-2008, 11:08 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Have you ever heard of someone replacing almost every body panel with CF before?
For a street car, its not that practical. At best, you can do the front end and then rear fender flares. Thats the only real way you will keep the unibody strength. My car is almost full tube frame so, it will be a bit different.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:21 PM
kiyoskia

So you're planning on having an all-CF 951 too, eh? Maybe we could work something out... From what I know, the CF parts available for the 951 are:

Front bumper
Front fenders (stock or 2" wider)
Hood
Doors (inside and out)
Sunroof
Rear quarters (stock or 2" wider)
Rear bumper
Rocker panels
Dashboard (top and bottom)

The only pieces that aren't available are the roof/a-pillars, the hatch wing, and the rear turbo valence.

This is not your normal 1/4" thick fiberglass crap or blown in CF layup. Its the real deal. Not cheap, high quality parts..
I didn't know there were other options for CF than whatever GT-Racing sells...do tell!
Old 01-24-2008, 11:25 PM
2bridges
Drifting

have edited and re-edited- so as not to come off like a total *******....... but it didn't work

suffice it to say..... not my taste..... Better suited to the modern jap ricer, fast and furious styled, bling bling, huge stereo, CF paneled, fart muflered, spinners, with a big wing as I see it. That crap looks all the same to me. A 944 done this style has no more appeal than anything else.

CF is really for race use (strength and weight).

welcome just the same.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:35 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you put GT racing parts on your car other then the splitter or rear bumper, the fit is not good at all. Only suitable for a track car. Something to think about.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please someone release a good set of widebody fenders that dont require 50 hours of body work to fit correctly.

Quick Reply: Milledge CF Intake Manifold