Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Milledge CF Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:45 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiyoskia
So you're planning on having an all-CF 951 too, eh? Maybe we could work something out...

The only pieces that aren't available are the roof/a-pillars, the hatch wing, and the rear turbo valence.

I didn't know there were other options for CF than whatever GT-Racing sells...do tell!
All my parts are my design, my molds and right now just available to me. Like I said, I am making every single part. Including roof with pillars.

These are not ripped of designs from anybody else.

Your right, GT racing is the only one offering it to the public. I don't know of any others. I have a fiberglass widebody but its getting junked as I am making a full CF car from scratch. AGAIN, my car is almost a full tube chassis so hanging these parts are easy. They will have a street car finish and not the crappy track car finish, that most are expecting. I want quality, fit and finish. I'm not worried about the price but, it should be very close to GT racing proces.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:51 PM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

If Skip Wolfe chimes in he bought Dmoffit/Chris Cervelli old technodyne race car and alot of the panels were CF it did take alot of work to get it to look good
Old 01-24-2008, 11:58 PM
kiyoskia

Originally Posted by 2bridges
Better suited to the modern jap ricer, fast and furious styled, bling bling, huge stereo, CF paneled, fart muflered, spinners, with a big wing...

CF is really for race use (strength and weight).
Did you seriously just say that carbon fiber is more suited to the modern jap ricer, then say it's really for race use?

I don't think you understand. I'm not trying to achieve "mad tyte JDM status" with this Porsche. It's just not my style. I don't like body kits, and I especially don't like wings. In fact, did I ever say ANYTHING about ANYTHING ricey? I don't see even ONE mention of decals, gauges, stereo, muffler, cold-air intake, or anything else that applies to riced-out cars. In fact, I have a thread at TampaRacing.com dedicated to pointing out and laughing at riced-out cars in central Florida.

Trust me...I'm not going to turn this thing into this:

Old 01-25-2008, 12:19 AM
95ONE
Race Car

ugh....ly. Is that a clown horn sticking out of the front bumper?

GT carbon panels aren't the true racing super lightweight enclave vacuum bagged impregnated resin type panel. They're fiberglass overlay. not so great fitment.

I have big wing.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:23 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Originally Posted by evil 944t
Me too, lol... MY bad Cory, I reread his posts. I saw this 12sec DSM info and assumed he was adding an intake for performance.

That being said, if your keeping boost levels and everything else stock, don't bother with an intake unless you really have money to burn.

The second you mod this car, the TB has to go!
Old 01-25-2008, 12:44 AM
kiyoskia

Oh...I was under the impression that GT-R's CF parts WERE true racing super lightweight enclave vaccuum-bagged impregnated resin type panels...

...but I was wrong!

This might change my plans a bit. But hey, if I can't spend $8,000 on carbon fiber...I wonder what I COULD spend it on...
Old 01-25-2008, 12:44 AM
fortysixandtwo
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Crawford Composites also makes carbon fiber body panels, even thought they don't list any parts for the 944 series cars on their web site. http://www.crawfordcomposites.com/

You would have to contact them to see what's available. Unfortunately I've only seen full on race body panels from them, ie: one piece noses, hoods that can only be held down with pins, etc.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:13 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

As I said in the first page...I was researching CF 944 parts, and I happened to stumble across the JME intake manifold.

The theme of the thread was "information about the JME intake manifold", but now that we've all agreed that it's impossible to acquire, somehow the thread has moved on to "why would I want the intake manifold?"

333pg333, I'm not new to vBulletin forums...just new to this one. I'm not trying to be pushy or anything...I'm just wishing that people would actually read before they post. Hell, if you read and gave any thought to this thread's first post, you wouldn't have suggested CF laminate.
You should put the pipe down champ. Oh, and the c/f laminate was a joke. For someone who says that they're not pushy you sure seem to be shouting a lot. As I said if you would care to do some reading yourself, people do wander a bit on this forum and you pick up some crap but also you find out a lot of stuff that is useful. Take your coat off, sit down and relax some and find out some stuff about the new car you own from some people that know a bit about them.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:19 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by evil 944t
All my parts are my design, my molds and right now just available to me. Like I said, I am making every single part. Including roof with pillars.

These are not ripped of designs from anybody else.

Your right, GT racing is the only one offering it to the public. I don't know of any others. I have a fiberglass widebody but its getting junked as I am making a full CF car from scratch. AGAIN, my car is almost a full tube chassis so hanging these parts are easy. They will have a street car finish and not the crappy track car finish, that most are expecting. I want quality, fit and finish. I'm not worried about the price but, it should be very close to GT racing proces.
" it should be very close to GT racing proces.[/QUOTE]"
Is that process or prices? Don't care on prices, do care on process. heheh
Old 01-25-2008, 08:55 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 333pg333
" it should be very close to GT racing proces.
"
Is that process or prices? Don't care on prices, do care on process. heheh[/QUOTE]

That was a product of bad typing. The prices should be somewhat close but they will be 1/2 the weight of GT racings. These are true race panels the will have a street car finish. When I went in on this I wanted lightweight panels that had a great fit and finish, novel, huh?
Old 01-25-2008, 09:24 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you ever heard of someone replacing almost every body panel with CF before?
No, and I sincerely hope you don't do that, but it is your car, so good luck with your project. The price for CF body parts for a 951 could get pretty damned close to the price of buying another 951 in really nice condition.
BTW you got most of the somewhat offtopic manifold replies because it really is one of the last places to go with a 951 when seeking additional performance. There are just a ton of things to do first. So, they all meant well, for certain.
Welcome to the board. Search is DEFINITELY your friend on this board. There is just SOOOO much info here.
You should be able to find some good CF vendors with an in depth search. I don't know of many off the top of my head. WWW.gt-racing.com isn't a bad place to start. Almost all that I know of, sell racing parts. By that I mean they fit well enough for a race car, but take a hell of a lot of work to look as good as stock, on a street car.
Anyway good luck. Post some pics of your new car. We always love pics!
Old 01-25-2008, 09:27 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 333pg333
You should put the pipe down champ. Oh, and the c/f laminate was a joke. For someone who says that they're not pushy you sure seem to be shouting a lot. As I said if you would care to do some reading yourself, people do wander a bit on this forum and you pick up some crap but also you find out a lot of stuff that is useful. Take your coat off, sit down and relax some and find out some stuff about the new car you own from some people that know a bit about them.
+1
Old 01-25-2008, 09:49 AM
kiyoskia

Pipe? What pipe?

Sorry, I didn't know it was a joke. I come from TampaRacing so when I hear something like that, I immediately assume it's another ******* who couldn't help but chime in with his ******* statements. I now realize that you were just ****in' with me rather than actually trying to **** with me...if that makes sense. Regardless, you have my apology.

Please bear with me as I'm new with Porsches and Porsche forums...especially this one.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:52 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Be careful about language. It doesn't bug me any, but too much off it will get you in trouble with the mods. AnF-bomb once in a while is my weakness. It's a Marine Corps affliction.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:56 AM
kiyoskia

I honestly couldn't have put it any other way...

...you were just playin' with me rather than actually trying to play with me...
...you were just messin' with me rather than actually trying to mess with me...
...you were just foolin' with me rather than actually trying to fool with me?

See? It HAD to be said.

Nice response time, by the way! I'm glad this forum is not like PelicanParts' forum, where one must wait for a day to get one response!

Quick Reply: Milledge CF Intake Manifold