Milledge CF Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 06:11 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by special tool
I agree, under 7,000 definitely.

Even a blind chicken catches some scratch, once in a while, Dave.
Its a shame people continue to bench race. It must be nice in Fla, I feel like jumping in my 4wd truck and beating up on anybody at a stop light.. I love snowy roads...
Old 01-24-2008, 06:42 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kiyoskia
The reason I'm so interested in changing the intake manifold (other than the "intake-plenum-over-the-turbo" design flaw) is because of what I read at Lindsey Racing's site:

The stock intake manifold not only has inadequate flow when you port your cylinder head, it also has a 10% imbalance between the cylinders. The stock 951 intake flows between 206 CFM @ 28" on the first runner to 186 CFM on the third. Cylinders 2 and 4 flow between these numbers. The only way to ensure all your cylinders are running at the same air fuel ratios is to deliver identical air and fuel to each one.

Also, from what I've read, there is no need for a bigger throttle body. Lindsey Racing says:

"Increasing the throttle body size does nothing for you and may in fact hurt the performance. The one area where bigger is not always better. Don't be fooled by larger throttle body hype. If we needed one, we would have installed one."

Lindsey Racing....ahhhhh.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:47 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me be a bit more helpful here...

Lindsey Racing is great, great service, great prices. I buy a lot of OEM parts from them. But as far as beyond that, they are no use to me. I wouldn't go to them for tech knowledge/turbo sizing/etc. I do like the guys over there, don't get me wrong. But some of their "tech" info on their site is a bit off. And by a bit I mean a ton. And by a ton I mean I have no idea where they came up with it, lol.

And you should know better, reading info on the cars on a vendors specific website....don't forget they're trying to make money.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:00 PM
gt37vgt
Drifting

my friend has a 3" muffler on his prelude and its no faster so guess 3" mufflers are no good either lol
also i have to disagree with the hole long runner short runner bis . the magical harmonic moment at wich long runners pay off is not below the boost threshold and this science is therefor redundant
Old 01-24-2008, 07:27 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Originally Posted by evil 944t
Wanna bet?

We are talking turbocharged cars not n/a motors. Thats a big difference..

Unless you went to a TB and it was to big, you absolutely will gain performance! Its a proven fact, not internet bench racing.

Changing the TB, IC pipes and IC makes a huge difference on a car with a larger turbo.
Ok, so wait...did I miss something. Where'd he say he was going with a bigger turbo? I must have missed that part...
Old 01-24-2008, 07:38 PM
lejams
Pro

Originally Posted by reno808
One thing you will also learn is the 951 is not as drag stirp friendly like the DSMs.
Because - not one thing in one Porsche ever built, was designed to drag race. Porsche never had the slightest interest, along with many European others... They were designed around a different sport altogether.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:41 PM
kiyoskia

How many times would you like me to say this?

I'm new to 944's. I came from the world of DSM's. I know about DSM parts and which to use, but not 944 parts. That's why I'm here. Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by lejams
Because - not one thing in one Porsche ever built, was designed to drag race. Porsche never had the slightest interest, along with many european others... They were designed around a different sport.
I didn't use my Eclipse for drag racing (I bought an all-wheel drive car for a reason OTHER THAN no-slip, accidentally-swallow-your-tongue launches), and I don't plan on drag racing the Porsche. I know Porsches (as well as other European brands) aren't made for drag racing. I've lived in Spain, and let me tell you now: They do NOT drag race. If anything, the automotive experts they look up to are the Formula-1 and rally racers...and for good reason.

Back on topic:

The most racing I'd be doing would be from a 60-80mph roll up to 150mph.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:21 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
Ok, so wait...did I miss something. Where'd he say he was going with a bigger turbo? I must have missed that part...
Me too, lol... MY bad Cory, I reread his posts. I saw this 12sec DSM info and assumed he was adding an intake for performance.

That being said, if your keeping boost levels and everything else stock, don't bother with an intake unless you really have money to burn.

The second you mod this car, the TB has to go!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:34 PM
lejams
Pro

I'm new to W's. I came from the world of Dam's. I know about DAM parts and which to use, but not 944 parts. That's why I'm here. Thanks for the help.

I didn't use my Eclipse for drag racing (I bought an all-wheel drive car for a reason OTHER THAN no-slip, accidentally-swallow-your-tongue launches), and I don't plan on drag racing the Porsche. I know Porsche's (as well as other European brands) aren't made for drag racing. I've lived in Spain, and let me tell you now: They do NOT drag race. If anything, the automotive experts they look up to are the Formula-1 and rally racers...and for good reason.

Back on topic:

The most racing I'd be doing would be from a 60-MPH roll up to MPH.
I wasn't suggesting you would drag race, was just making a general comment in response to Reno as to why these cars often break when you do... back to your regularly scheduled channel
Old 01-24-2008, 08:37 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Well it is your thread so feel free to say what you want, but I didn't think that LeJam's reply was to you anyway. Bottom line is you won't be able to get the JME intake and you don't need it either as your cars sounds nice and clean and you don't plan to modify it much. If all you want is C/F all over the place I'm sure you can buy some patterned laminate that you can stick it all over the car and save yourself some big dollars.

I'm new to 944's. I came from the world of DSM's. I know about DSM parts and which to use, but not 944 parts. That's why I'm here. Thanks for the help.

I didn't use my Eclipse for drag racing (I bought an all-wheel drive car for a reason OTHER THAN no-slip, accidentally-swallow-your-tongue launches), and I don't plan on drag racing the Porsche. I know Porsches (as well as other European brands) aren't made for drag racing. I've lived in Spain, and let me tell you now: They do NOT drag race. If anything, the automotive experts they look up to are the Formula-1 and rally racers...and for good reason.

Back on topic:

The most racing I'd be doing would be from a 60-80mph roll up to 150mph.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:39 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Me too, lol... MY bad Cory, I reread his posts. I saw this 12sec DSM info and assumed he was adding an intake for performance.

That being said, if your keeping boost levels and everything else stock, don't bother with an intake unless you really have money to burn.

The second you mod this car, the TB has to go!
Yeah, if you turned that amp down from 11 maybe you could concentrate more!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:44 PM
kiyoskia

I just put the "12-second DSM" part in there so you'd be better informed on my background knowledge.

This car is already put together nicely (how many times have I said this?). It's clean, quiet, smooth, and runs like a bat out of hell...and I haven't even touched it yet.

333pg333, I wouldn't want to have carbon fiber laminate, because I don't plan on leaving the parts unpainted.
Have you noticed how Porsches (and other makes) nowadays are being made more and more carbon fiber body parts? Well, I'm taking an old-school Porsche and modernizing it with carbon fiber parts. The previous owner of the car took great care of the car, and whenever anything needed to be done to the car, the work and parts used were above and beyond OEM quality. As it sits, the car has 166,000 miles on it, but practically all the parts have low mileage. The way I look at it, I already have a well-built, well-maintained, beautifully-aged Porsche, and since I don't really NEED to make it run faster or better, I decided to do the "CF Upgrade".

Does ANYONE read the thread before they post?
Old 01-24-2008, 08:45 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Yeah, if you turned that amp down from 11 maybe you could concentrate more!

Not only can't I turn it down but, I need more cowbell!!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:47 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

This car is already put together nicely (how many times have I said this?). It's clean, quiet, smooth, and runs like a bat out of hell...and I haven't even touched it yet.
It sounds like a great car, enjoy it.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:50 PM
kiyoskia

Not only can't I turn it down but, I need more cowbell!!
I think I'm going to like this forum...

Quick Reply: Milledge CF Intake Manifold