Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951 oil cooler set up pic request.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 07:50 PM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no, just undo the m22 male/male, dont need to remove anything.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:27 AM
Phil R
Instructor

ok, seemed like it might be tight with the housing in place but i'll give it a shot. thanks for the help.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:49 AM
turbopower
Instructor

Why not just undo the line between the housing and the stock cooler to go to the setrab ?
Keep the stock cooler and add the setrab .
Anybody have those fittings ?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:40 AM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by turbopower
Why not just undo the line between the housing and the stock cooler to go to the setrab ?
Keep the stock cooler and add the setrab .
Anybody have those fittings ?
also very possoble, and a good solution yes, trouble was the state of the oem unit after 22 years, hence I remove it. but if you have one in good condition its a good solution.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:02 AM
turbopower
Instructor

What size are those fittings ?
Old 01-24-2008, 12:00 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

What are the advantages/disadvantages to running a dual setup (ie stock + KISS unit) vs. removing the stock oil cooler and just bolting in (1) dedicated larger unit?

Making room for a larger unit shouldnt be a problem (no p/s, no a/c, washer tank deleted, etc..)

TIA
Old 01-24-2008, 12:05 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

I am just going to run a large setrab cooler and thats it.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Phil R
Instructor

if you retain the stock side mount I would think about doing a second side mount on the driver side. someone mentioned that a second side mount will fit on the driver side w/ oem hardware. then you just need to make lines to connect the coolers

the Benifit of this is not restricting air flow to the ac core radiator and intercooler.

the first thing you need is a oil temp gauge to really see if you need a second oil cooler.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:42 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Phil R
if you retain the stock side mount I would think about doing a second side mount on the driver side. someone mentioned that a second side mount will fit on the driver side w/ oem hardware. then you just need to make lines to connect the coolers

the Benifit of this is not restricting air flow to the ac core radiator and intercooler.

the first thing you need is a oil temp gauge to really see if you need a second oil cooler.
Yeah put on a oil temp guage to see if your actually going to need it. then go from there. It also depends on your mods as well. What kind of duty is car plan on seeing?
Old 01-24-2008, 02:51 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks Phil, I hear ya regarding the air flow to the radiator/intercooler.

Ive had a oil temp guage installed for ~ 3 years, I now run an oil-cooled "dry" turbo and it will see track use so in my mind it cannot hurt to add another or replace the stocker with a much larger unit.

Guess I need to jack her up and take some measurements - (hard to visualize while sitting at a desk) -but I just think it would be easier and make more sense to remove stock unit and replace with (1) larger cooler.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:55 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SamGrant951

Ive had a oil temp guage installed for ~ 3 years, I now run an oil-cooled "dry" turbo and it will see track use so in my mind it cannot hurt to add another or replace the stocker with a much larger unit.

Guess I need to jack her up and take some measurements - (hard to visualize while sitting at a desk) -but I just think it would be easier and make more sense to remove stock unit and replace with (1) larger cooler.
I am going that same route as you and its a must going with a larger unit or adding another.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Phil R
Instructor

Originally Posted by SamGrant951

that depends what is easier for you. to do a front mount you'll need to remove the stock parts, remove the bumper and design a new set up.

if you add a second core you dont need to remove the bumper or the stock stuff. the only draw back is the weight and routing 2 pretty long lines.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Phil R
Instructor

and the fact that the stock cooler is almost $500. if it wasnt for that I would seriously think about the duel cooler setup and then go with a nice light line.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:20 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Phil R
and the fact that the stock cooler is almost $500. if it wasnt for that I would seriously think about the duel cooler setup and then go with a nice light line.
i'll sell you one its a turbo s. Ill sell it to you way cheaper than that. PM me if you want it. i'll give you the lines if you want it
Old 01-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Phil R
Instructor

there is one on german ebay for 79 euros but i dont speak german nor do i have any euros.
I'm interested if the price is right.

PM sent

Quick Reply: 951 oil cooler set up pic request.