Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Help at hand for you US chaps - Euro rear bumpers group buy offer

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:57 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe its just me but does anyone else feel bad for Mark? This started out as an effort to help out a little and get 10 people together for a group buy and now its everyone on rennlist. I don't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers but I think its fair to say this has exploded to be a little bigger then what was intended at first.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:07 AM
2bridges
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes I would say so. On the up side I gather future is a business owner and as such I would think he will be able to build a margin of profit for all his efforts. Certainly hope so as there will be a ton of time with acquiring parts / shipping, etc,etc.

Thanks Future - even if things don't work out we appreciate you efforts!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 683 Likes on 287 Posts

So if this deal directly with the factory works out, would the negotiated price for NOS bumpers include all necessary hardware / rubber etc??
Old 02-13-2008, 02:20 PM
cotton
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

count me in for rear turbo w/brackets
Old 02-13-2008, 04:02 PM
951rs
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all

Sorry for not getting back to you guys earlier. As stated above this thread has quite gotten out of control and as Mark has mentioned before we have been in contact with Zuffenhausen in order to check possibilities to keep up with the huge demand that we unexpexctedly encountered.

I have spoken to two employees of the Porsche Classic department in Zuffenhausen, Mr. Noack and Mr. Fabig...Porsche is not willing to sell a high number of these bumpers to us from the factory directly to Switzerland or the UK if we ship them to the US as they need to comply with the contracts Porsche AG has with the Porsche Centers binding them to respect their distribution channels. I tried to explain in every possible manner that we are not interested in profit but to supply US enthusiasts with some euro spec parts. I also brought up the point that Porsche has high numbers of these bumpers in stock which it probably will never be able to "get rid off" which Mr. Fabig confirmed to be true. Additionally I pointed out that probably no Porsche Center will be interested in dealing with our old cars and the parts for them, etc...

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be a way around this so I asked whether Porsche wouldn't be interested at all to help the community of 951 owners which would be quite a disappointment and confirming some of the negative statements heard in the past ...the reaction was that the classic car department promised to provide us with a contact in the US who we can negotiate a good deal for the bumper group buy with... We have waited two weeks for getting this contact information, I had to drop 5 more e-mails and 4 phone calls until I finally received an e-mail back including the contact information.

So we tried to reach this guy this week and found out that he is on vacation in Hawaii

Anyway, we'll keep trying hard and if this deal doesn't work out with this US contact we might still check what discount rates we can get here in Switzerland via the main importer for Switzerland...

We'll keep you posted

Cheers

Beni
Old 02-13-2008, 04:13 PM
2bridges
Drifting

THANKS BENI!!!!

It is clear you guys have alread put forth lots of effort and we appreciate it. YOU ARE THE MAN!
Old 02-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Stuttgart996
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

ill take one
Old 02-14-2008, 02:35 AM
aka 951
Pro

1 Zermatt (LY7Y) Turbo/S2 Rear Bumper Complete with Supports

Thanks!!!

Erick
Old 02-16-2008, 01:17 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Guys,
without having to scrounge thru all the pages , what is the final status on this group buy , are the bumpers going to be available , if so what is the amount necessary to make it happen .
Old 02-16-2008, 03:04 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Guys,
without having to scrounge thru all the pages , what is the final status on this group buy , are the bumpers going to be available , if so what is the amount necessary to make it happen .
A.Wayne- Read post #171 on this page
Old 02-16-2008, 11:01 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Thanks , classic car Dept.! If it has to go thru Porsche , there might be some dot issues they might not want to play with in supplying the bumpers states side....
Old 02-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have spoken to two employees of the Porsche Classic department in Zuffenhausen, Mr. Noack and Mr. Fabig...Porsche is not willing to sell a high number of these bumpers to us from the factory directly to Switzerland or the UK if we ship them to the US as they need to comply with the contracts Porsche AG has with the Porsche Centers binding them to respect their distribution channels.
I have done some deals with mr Noack when he still worked at the Porsche Customer center (Kundencenter, Werke1). I suppose to order these bumbers to some european country is not a problem, i can easily order them via local Porsche importer. Main problem is payment and freight. Sending bumbers to the Statets directly to the "end customer" can be a frustrating thing to do if you have to ship large amount of bumbers. It would be nicer (cheaper also) to send one big shipment to one person in the U.S who ditribute items to the others. Another issue is the money. i suppose none of us europeans are willing to pay bumbers from our own money, who ever handles this group buy should have all the money beforehand. With all the work this might cause, i found it hard to belive somebody is willing to do this without any profit. I suppose best think to do this is to have some German (or Swiss) to handle this. It will lower a price quite a lot if for example Beni can drive a van to Zuffenhausen (or Ludwigsburg central warehouse) and pick items up him self. Using freight companies can rise a price quite a lot.

there might be some dot issues they might not want to play with in supplying the bumpers states side....
It's sure that the euro bumber does not pass U.S safty regulations
Old 02-17-2008, 11:15 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Olli Snellman
I have done some deals with mr Noack when he still worked at the Porsche Customer center (Kundencenter, Werke1). I suppose to order these bumbers to some european country is not a problem, i can easily order them via local Porsche importer. Main problem is payment and freight. Sending bumbers to the Statets directly to the "end customer" can be a frustrating thing to do if you have to ship large amount of bumbers. It would be nicer (cheaper also) to send one big shipment to one person in the U.S who ditribute items to the others. Another issue is the money. i suppose none of us europeans are willing to pay bumbers from our own money, who ever handles this group buy should have all the money beforehand. With all the work this might cause, i found it hard to belive somebody is willing to do this without any profit. I suppose best think to do this is to have some German (or Swiss) to handle this. It will lower a price quite a lot if for example Beni can drive a van to Zuffenhausen (or Ludwigsburg central warehouse) and pick items up him self. Using freight companies can rise a price quite a lot.

It's sure that the euro bumber does not pass U.S safty regulations
you can ship it all to my house and i can ship it from here. I am not looking to make any profit.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:07 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Huge job going on here and hope it all comes to fruition. Also hope that this will open some doors for Mark and Beni's future business and that this turns out to be a great PR operation for them. Good luck guys!
Old 03-01-2008, 09:43 AM
951Saga
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

reno808.

Quick Reply: Help at hand for you US chaps - Euro rear bumpers group buy offer