Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

The cut up car is in the same garage as DDP's original parts thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=399986&page=7
Old 01-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe it has taken 5 pages for someone to point this out. The thread is a joke to some degree. Lart has nothing to due with this other than not saying he doesn't. DDP cut up his own car and made the thread to have some fun with Lart.

Either way it's too bad that nice chassis got cut up like that. I would have drug my *** to Chi and bought it to retub my 89 951 I totalled at VIR in 06.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:03 PM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Thinning out the herd helps with the residual value of our cars. Of course fewer on the road = less demand for after market performance parts.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:50 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SD Porsche Fan
Thinning out the herd helps with the residual value of our cars. Of course fewer on the road = less demand for after market performance parts.
Considering how up and down the prices are on our cars, I never considered this a legitimate answer for parting them out. And parting out the cars that are still nice and road worthy is just going to leave us with no cars at all pretty soon. This was a sad end to this car.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:53 AM
drivemusicnow
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me help you guys out with some math.

176,126 Porsche 944 cars
25,245 were 944 turbos.

-1 for DDP's sawzall adventure

This is a statistically insignificant change. (If you don't know what that means, take a statistics class at your local community college)

Now, to all of you that don't know how to drive and put your cars into the back of other cars... Eff you. Your the reason why racers can't find parts.

To all of those using the car racing and put it into a wall. Props. Thats what the car was meant to do, and that's racing.

Yeah, there's one less. Let me know if you still give a **** about 944s in 15 years. It's a car, and as much as many of you may disagree... it's only a car.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:19 AM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by drivemusicnow

176,126 Porsche 944 cars
25,245 were 944 turbos.

This is a statistically insignificant change. (If you don't know what that means, take a statistics class at your local community college)

Now, to all of you that don't know how to drive and put your cars into the back of other cars... Eff you. Your the reason why racers can't find parts.

To all of those using the car racing and put it into a wall. Props. Thats what the car was meant to do, and that's racing.

Yeah, there's one less. Let me know if you still give a **** about 944s in 15 years. It's a car, and as much as many of you may disagree... it's only a car.

The purpose of racing is not to put the car into a wall. Maybe you need that course at the community college! Statistically there is also the law of supply and demand and diminishing returns. That may be where most of the listers are coming from! If every car was parted then there would be an over supply of parts and no demand due to all the cars being parted.
How many Turbos do you think still exist?
Old 01-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Opeth
Pro

Exclamation nice!

Drive, props to you for laying it out like that, I think I might have to jack some of that for my sig...
Old 01-07-2008, 12:21 PM
bscpanther
Racer

176,126 Porsche 944 cars
25,245 were 944 turbos.

I really don't like bashing therefore I say with as much respect as possible that this is one of the dumbest posts I have read in a long time. Especially the last statement. The cars are already more than 20 years old.. if I am lucky enough to still have mine on the road in another 15 than I will only be more pissed that someone is hacking up one.. not to mention doing it for the sake of profit. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own even if I hate it and thats why I didn't say anything about the wasted 951 in the first place. But at the end of the day I won't be caught defending someone stripping down and chopping up a good 951 for a little more cash. You say the 951 is just a car, well isn't that endearing. I wish I could convince my insurance rep of that not to mention the following the 951 has more than 20 years after the fact.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:25 PM
BlacknRedGT
Pro

I will support Lart as soon as he accepts my $300.00 bid for that 944 head.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:50 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by BlacknRedGT
I will support Lart as soon as he accepts my $300.00 bid for that 944 head.
$300 for an na head??
Old 01-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Thanks. I think.....
Old 01-07-2008, 07:44 PM
special tool
Banned

Some of us are quarterbacks, and the rest of us are linemen.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Originally Posted by special tool
Some of us are quarterbacks, and the rest of us are linemen.

??? Somebody is high today and I am beginning to think it is me............
Old 01-08-2008, 02:07 PM
drivemusicnow
6th Gear

Originally Posted by tommo951
The purpose of racing is not to put the car into a wall. Maybe you need that course at the community college! Statistically there is also the law of supply and demand and diminishing returns. That may be where most of the listers are coming from! If every car was parted then there would be an over supply of parts and no demand due to all the cars being parted.
How many Turbos do you think still exist?
You show me the community college in which they teach racing (for CC prices) and I'll be the first to sign up. Secondly, using the word statistically in a manner that is entirely unintelligible does not make you sound smarter. If every car was parted out (completely bogus scenario though by the way) then prices of parts would be amazingly cheap, and it would be very simple to purchase every part one would need to build a car themselves, at which time they would have the only whole 951, and it would be worth quite a bit. I'm sure you understand this because you did previously reference supply and demand, or maybe you should add an economics class to your list of classes to take.

Originally Posted by bscpanther
I really don't like bashing therefore I say with as much respect as possible that this is one of the dumbest posts I have read in a long time. Especially the last statement. The cars are already more than 20 years old.. if I am lucky enough to still have mine on the road in another 15 than I will only be more pissed that someone is hacking up one.. not to mention doing it for the sake of profit. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own even if I hate it and thats why I didn't say anything about the wasted 951 in the first place. But at the end of the day I won't be caught defending someone stripping down and chopping up a good 951 for a little more cash. You say the 951 is just a car, well isn't that endearing. I wish I could convince my insurance rep of that not to mention the following the 951 has more than 20 years after the fact.
I appreciate the amount of respect you included in your "dumbest post evAr" comment...

I dislike seeing roadworthy cars die as well. That doesn't change the fact that a car is a car. It's a valued asset, just like anything else you own. If you could take a TV apart and sell the parts for significantly more money than selling the whole TV, why wouldn't you do it? The only difference is that to part out a car takes a bit more mechanical know-how than my TV reference. Second, your post is not logical. You state "if I am lucky enough to still have mine on the road in another 15 than I will only be more pissed that someone is hacking up one." If you have your car on the road in 15 years, it will ONLY be because people parted cars out to create parts for you to keep yours running. You'll smile when you see for sale ads with cars being parted out because that means you might be able to keep driving your car. Also, your insurance agent knows that it is just a car. That's why your insurance agent has a dollar value next to your car that if the damage exceeds XXXX.XX$ your car is officially totaled.

Now, I don't know you, and I'm about to make some rather assuming statements. I apologize ahead of time if any of these offend you as that is not my intention.

If your porsche is your only car, you probably don't have all that much money, sense, or a need for a car on a daily basis. (insert laughter here.) You're most likely young and want something different, fun, and fast. What you don't think about, is that in 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, you'll have a lot more money than you have now. Which will mean that instead of trying to keep your 951 on the road to get you to work everyday, you'll have bought another car. This other car will be your daily driver while you try to make the 951 more of a weekend warrior. Then the day will come when something breaks, you hit something, you get hit, etc. and a realization will come over you. The car, while it is a great car, is not worth the amount of time, effort, and money you're putting into it, and there will be other cars that outperform (not just in speed necessarily) it for less time, effort and money.

That is what I consider the point of diminishing returns for automobiles. The 951 is a great value right now, but it's just a car. It has a "following" because it is just that. A good looking, quick, fun to drive, and prestigious car with potential to be even faster... That also happens to be cheap. (to buy, not necessarily to own) ... Value. That's what drives the used car market.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:10 PM
BlacknRedGT
Pro

lart, it was a turbo head or maybe a block you had on ebay?? I was just messing with you on the bid

Quick Reply: Lart Has Struck Again!!