Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Done and Done: Parting My Car.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:49 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

More Parts! Some of the parts in these pics are spoken for or paid. Please check back to the first post to see what is sold and what is still for sale.

Control arms do NOT come with the 968 castor blocks. Good ball joints (no boot tears).
Lug nuts do not come with the hubs.
I have beige carpet in OK condition, super clean beige door panels, porsche script handles, and anything in the door.
Those hood shocks.
SS brake lines have under 5k miles on them. Along with brake rotors (zimmerman xdrilled) and hawk HPS pads.

Purple glove is extra $$ and not included with the P/S rack/good tie rods.
Attached Images              
Old 01-02-2008, 12:54 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Attached Images     
Old 01-02-2008, 01:01 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Last bit for now....
Attached Images        
Old 01-02-2008, 01:12 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by reno808
holy sheeet ddp. I think you beat lart. BTW did you send my egt yet?
No way, I can strip a car quicker than Special Tool at 1/4 mile.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:14 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey, derrick seriously tell me if all the items on this picture are sold, if not I'll buy them all from you.
Attached Images  
Old 01-02-2008, 01:16 PM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need doorhandles as usual!
Old 01-02-2008, 01:27 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Lart - calipers, stress bar, hood shocks, hubs/spindles, exhaust pipes, tailights, and brake rotors are the only things not sold.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:30 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by DDP
Lart - calipers, stress bar, hood shocks, hubs/spindles, exhaust pipes, tailights, and brake rotors are the only things not sold.
Okay, thanks.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:37 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DDP
I'm shipping everything that has been paid for already out tomorrow and Friday latest. It's the first chance I'll get to send it all out. Thanks!
yup no prob
Old 01-02-2008, 01:45 PM
MikePellegrini
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DDP
For me it's a toy. ... So don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out, get over it.
Now I remember what it is I disliked about this place, and why I never came here.

Way back when, there was this certain crowd in highschool - the cheerleaders, the debutantes - the "high society" types. Their daddy's all bought them a new car each and every year - a Vette, a Mustang, maybe a Camaro or two - all sorts of different cars, all of it good machinery.

Now these ladies would just thrash the holy bejesus out of the cars (oh, yeah - with the help of their boyfriends) and then go back later in the year to their daddies and they'd **** and they’d moan and they’d whine to the daddies that the cars were "defective" or whatever. And thusly, they'd end up whining their ways into new cars. Every year. And then the ladies and their boyfriends would thrash the holy livin' bejesus out of those cars... on and on and on... An endless cycle.

The thing that really bothered me about this was that these ladies and their boyfriends had no idea what they were doing. Try to explain to them that hey were killin' a perfectly good piece of machinery and they'd just look at you with a blank stare. Those rich-bitches always got under my skin.

It's like trying to explain why you shouldn't steal to a sociopath... which is to say useless.

I always did wonder where all those good folks went after highschool. Now I know…
Old 01-02-2008, 02:01 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by MikePellegrini
Now I remember what it is I disliked about this place, and why I never came here.

Way back when, there was this certain crowd in highschool - the cheerleaders, the debutantes - the "high society" types. Their daddy's all bought them a new car each and every year - a Vette, a Mustang, maybe a Camaro or two - all sorts of different cars, all of it good machinery.

Now these ladies would just thrash the holy bejesus out of the cars (oh, yeah - with the help of their boyfriends) and then go back later in the year to their daddies and they'd **** and they’d moan and they’d whine to the daddies that the cars were "defective" or whatever. And thusly, they'd end up whining their ways into new cars. Every year. And then the ladies and their boyfriends would thrash the holy livin' bejesus out of those cars... on and on and on... An endless cycle.

The thing that really bothered me about this was that these ladies and their boyfriends had no idea what they were doing. Try to explain to them that hey were killin' a perfectly good piece of machinery and they'd just look at you with a blank stare. Those rich-bitches always got under my skin.

It's like trying to explain why you shouldn't steal to a sociopath... which is to say useless.

I always did wonder where all those good folks went after highschool. Now I know…

I see your point, I would never do something like that, Damned DDP, is a freaking muderer that son of biach, killing that beautifull car.

DDP, you hear me you are a MURDERER.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:05 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

How much for the black side ground effects?
Old 01-03-2008, 04:05 AM
alawicious
2nd Gear

You should see the Sawzal I saw him just take to it. Pics to come soon.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:10 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by alawicious
You should see the Sawzal I saw him just take to it. Pics to come soon.
Interesting first post. I'll give you that much.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:07 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MikePellegrini

Woah. I'm sorry you felt the need to take the time and type that. As much as I do agree with parts here, I feel you're over reacting. I was joking with that line you quoted, hence the "lol".

Now if you had any idea how much time, effort, sweat, money and tears I've put into this car. How much aggravation it's caused me, I think you'd understand what and why I'm doing this. There are a few ppl on this forum that know just how many hours I've spent on this project. To you, this is just a nice looking rare colored car. And you're angry I'm parting it. To me, this has been 4 years of wrenching/fun/learning. But it IS a car. And to add to that, it is MY car. So if I feel so inclined, I'll light it on fire, take a dump on the hood and toss it in a lake. You've gotta lighten up and not take things so seriously. Seriously.

So get over it.

If it makes you feel any better, the shell is going to help save a mint condition white Turbo S that was in a rear end wreck.

Quick Reply: Done and Done: Parting My Car.