Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lart Has Struck Again!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Tms951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokiemon944
Lart also is helping to increase the value of 951's, as there are less of them available.
True, and I can see this making many people happy. Personaly, mostly due to the fact I will not ever sell my car because of the loss I would take, I only want prices to go down. If I ever want another one as a DD I would rather pay less.

Lart no need to block me, I buy stuff from parts heaven, not ebay.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:14 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 2bridges
All you horrified people -> don't buy from Lart, make a statement it is your right! Show the world!
you should buy all these car Lart does and go on a crusade to save them all!!!!
Spend twice in parts what you can sell them for and feel good about yourselves!
HAHAHAHAA - some funny cats out there

I am grateful to Lart for taking many of the 951 abortions he has taken off the road.
He has gotten me out of a few pinches with extra-ordinary fast shipping and at fair prices no less.

Thanks Lart - I know you have a sensitive inner child, so you just keep your chin up, and keep smiling LOL

You are so right. I am quite a fragile and sensible boy.
Attached Images  
Old 03-10-2008, 05:15 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tms951
True, and I can see this making many people happy. Personaly, mostly due to the fact I will not ever sell my car because of the loss I would take, I only want prices to go down. If I ever want another one as a DD I would rather pay less.

Lart no need to block me, I buy stuff from parts heaven, not ebay.
Wise kid indeed.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:17 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by fbgh2o
As a new member, I must confess this thread perplexes me a bit as does its tone. While I see both sides of the argument (cost of after-market manufactured parts due to a small market vs. the value of quality used parts), at the end of the day we all have the ability to exercise freedom of choice. People own their vehicles and if they choose to sell to Lart951 then it is well within their purview to do so, just as it is for someone not buy from him. So why discuss it?

In the end it is all about choice and entrepreneurial spirit - why should Lart951 be deprived of his right to earn income if he can. Additionally, with respect to the parts cost argument, my view is that the number of Porsches on the road is comparatively small and the demand for parts somewhat inelastic - that being we will generally pay what we have to to keep our labours of love on the road

Btw think about what would happen if we did not have this choice element - we might be having this discussion about another German icon - that cellose bullet with a two stroke engine - the Trabant...

You, I like the way you think, very well said.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:18 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

why don't you guys start a poll, about buying from me.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:45 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont think I have bought any parts from you, But in the future I will check with you to see if you have what I need.
Regardless you are a great resource to many. And aside from the bashing because you part cars that are questionable, I have read more than my fair share of satisfied customers.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
No need to ask, you were added since the beginning at no extra charge.

http://dan-scully.justgotowned.com/

here

Your blocked bidder list has successfully been updated with the new information you submitted, "danscullyizahomo" has been succesfully added.

Where can we take you?
Item I last looked at
eBay's Home page
lol sure princess! You can never take the short bus out of some people..
Old 03-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As far as hacking up a good running car, not exactly for it.

As far as asing Lart if he has something I need because I am in a pinch. Love it.

I don't like the fact the the mod's cracked down on him selling stuff on here, even though he paid the smal buis. sponsorship $$ each month. But all that did is push the selling of parts by him to a PM request level, and not a public stage.

And if he is realy donating some of his parting-of-cars profit to a charity as he stated in an earlier post, more power to him. But I would not be happy if I sold him my car that I had slaved over for 100's of hours only to see its pieces on ebay Buy-it-now for $15.00. If it were tired and rusted, yeah ok maybe.

I have no issues with Lart as a person, and even with the 928 bashing, he can be quite fun. It's nice to know that I can always ask him for some of the oddball pieces that are hard to find.
Attached Images  
Old 03-10-2008, 06:39 PM
JE_951
Pro

Lart: if you dont my asking. when you part a car, do you cut up the chasis/tub and dispose of it? or do you get rid of it as a whole?

I see no wrong is parting pieces of the cars you dissasemble. Infact I hope that when I need a part badly that I can get one from you. However in the instance with the last car you parted (the blue car), That tub never should have been cut-up. as many people had said, they would have paid money or taken it for free if you would have offered it. So my only .02 is that maybe to stop the "desctruction" of solid chassis/tub cars (especialy in good shape and unique colors) you could shortly offer the tubs for sale/free.

Keep on sellin
Old 03-10-2008, 06:42 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

No problems from Lart with me. I've bought a part from it. It arrived in fast notion and packaged well.

I've PM'ed him to see if he had other parts. Why? He's cheap.

The good thing about parting a well running car, is nothing is damaged. How is this good? Most of the parts I need, are the odd parts that get destroyed in a crash. A crashed car would do no good to me.

However, I would be pissed if I sold him a car and he parted it. That's kind of messed up...

Also, he's not in to parting S2's...so Lart, keep at it. You're certainly not hurting the S2 crowd. Besides, there were too many '86 turbos made anyways. We needed someone to weed the bad ones out.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:34 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lart for President.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:47 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JE_951
Lart: if you dont my asking. when you part a car, do you cut up the chasis/tub and dispose of it? or do you get rid of it as a whole?

I see no wrong is parting pieces of the cars you dissasemble. Infact I hope that when I need a part badly that I can get one from you. However in the instance with the last car you parted (the blue car), That tub never should have been cut-up. as many people had said, they would have paid money or taken it for free if you would have offered it. So my only .02 is that maybe to stop the "desctruction" of solid chassis/tub cars (especialy in good shape and unique colors) you could shortly offer the tubs for sale/free.

Keep on sellin
I don't cut the tub, that was DDP also known as Derrick Mr.Dpaul ,the blue tub it was his car he cutted off and blamed on me, many people felt for the joke and insulted me thinking that it was me indeed, but I had nothing to do with the car, the only relation I have with Derrick is that he is a young gay male that wanted have ubber annal coitus with me but since I am straight and rejected his offer, he took a vendetta agains me posting this thread.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:36 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tms951
Well its been made obviuos I don't like Lart, and this is one of the many reasons.

Alot of people seen to think he is doing a good thing, he is not. Places like parts heaven are, they dismantle crashed cars.

For every car he takes off the road, there is one less owner out there who may be interested in after market parts. That means vendors have less incentive to make and market new parts and there parts have to be more expensive to cover thier costs becuase they will be selling less parts.

Shame on Lart, to an extent. But shame on every one who buys parts from him, you are enableing his behavior. With out you buying his parts he would have no reason to do it. If you don't want to see this happen don't buy from him, I never have and never will.

No need to loathe the man , Lart pay cash for his parts and provide a service selling them , I can understand your position but cannot agree with you on this. Lart is no different from parts haven , who would have bought cars whole if they could get them cheap enough and part them out at a much higher price.
If you have problems with lart's process then attack the owners who grab the cash and run. Lart more power to you, maybe it is time for Lart's Haven or better , print the names of those heathens who buy under cover , you are a scholar and a gentleman, of course I will think differently if you didn't get me a K26/8 for 300.00 as you so boast......
Old 03-10-2008, 09:56 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by A.Wayne

No need to loathe the man , Lart pay cash for his parts and provide a service selling them , I can understand your position but cannot agree with you on this. Lart is no different from parts haven , who would have bought cars whole if they could get them cheap enough and part them out at a much higher price.
If you have problems with lart's process then attack the owners who grab the cash and run. Lart more power to you, maybe it is time for Lart's Haven or better , print the names of those heathens who buy under cover , you are a scholar and a gentleman, of course I will think differently if you didn't get me a K26/8 for 300.00 as you so boast......
Mr. wayne, if there is someone I respect on this forum besides John D it it's you, just because I know who you really are.

check this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=330197221270

Last edited by lart951; 03-10-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:55 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What interests me here is that no one as far as I can see has ever had a problem with anything Lart has sold them. That speaks volumes, I think. He certainly seems to be a good seller, regardless of how you blokes might otherwise feel about him.

Quick Reply: Lart Has Struck Again!!