Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

By request... more 951 V8 video (see me go off the track!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 01:59 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default By request... more 951 V8 video (see me go off the track!!!)

A lot of people have asked for more of the 951 V8 video since I posted the first clip. So... here's another from today...

Buttonwillow great today. Only in So Cal can you have this kind of weather in December.

Here's a run session early in the day. We ran, for those of you that run Buttonwillow, the 25A clockwise track configuration.

This weekend is a two day session put on by the track (not by a club) for testing and tuning. Essentially it's an open track consisting of two run groups: Open Wheel and Closed Wheel. 30 minutes for each session, all day long. It's a LOT of track time.

In this session, I got into some oil (which I could not see) from a Mustang that blew an engine. And... yes... nothing like backing up off the track at speed :-)

166mb. Right click and "save as". Enjoy.

http://www.tonygarcia.org/944V8/Open... 12.8.2007.wmv

TonyG
Old 12-09-2007, 02:19 AM
Zero10
Race Car

You are shifting short and don't use up all the track. I don't know how the rules are down there, but up here it's bad manners to close on somebody so late in a straightaway, the other drivers don't look too appreciative of it. In the S turn you are coming out of the first one too wide causing you to come out of the second one wide and slow, then you enter the hard right and apex too early, causing you to swing out at a low speed then correct hard right as you come up to the curb just to turn left into the next corner. You also lift really early in the straights coming into a corner. I'm a picky video watcher

Seriously though, it's nice to see somebody who has the same steering wheel squeak/hum that I have, nice video none the less and it looks like you were really getting used to the car as time went on.

Really an umm... a$$-puckering experience to leave the track backwards, no? Rather lucky somebody else didn't do the same thing. I left the track once just about backwards at 245km/hr. Nice job the spotters out there were doing, not.

How did you mount the camera in your car?
Old 12-09-2007, 02:53 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Zero10

Realize that this was the first session of the day.... and this was nothing more than a test day to swap around springs and adjust sway bars.

The only cars that were faster than me all day were the factory 997 Cup race car and a Busch car.

I posted this video because I went off the track.

I've got 2 hours more of video from today where I spanked pretty much every car on the track (except the 997 Cup Car and the Busch car).

TonyG
Old 12-09-2007, 03:33 AM
Zero10
Race Car

Like I said, I'm just being a jerk and picky, it looks good tho, seriously
Old 12-09-2007, 05:12 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

I'll grab some more video tomorrow whsere the battle ensued between me, the Evo, and the Z06.

I'm sure you can guess the outcome :-)

TonyG
Old 12-09-2007, 05:58 AM
Zero10
Race Car

It would be sweet to see a 951 ring in a Z06. I've only ever taken one on the track and I suffered a clutch pivot pin failure the next lap so I had no chance to really rub it in :'( I did get the doors nearly blown off by a RX-7 on the same day. Guy claimed it runs 10's in the quarter mile, something like 650 or 700hp (3rd generation) so I feel a little better about that one.

How did you mount the camera in your car?
Old 12-09-2007, 07:36 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Nice film Tony. I have to admit to being caught out as I'm sure you were when you spun. Didn't look like there was much in it at all. Just looked like the tyres gave up a bit of early traction. I'm sorry I wasn't filming when I was at the bottom of a long straight when suddenly a flaggie almost jumped out at me with the black one, and I was in very hot pursuit of a worked Lotus. Well I spun off at a lot higher speed than you were going I can assure you. Luckily some tracks are designed for motor racing funnily enough so no harm no foul. Good on you for posting it though. Looks an interesting track. Some challenging parts and also being on a large flatish bit of land, there's not much definition for corners so a bit hard to see all the brake points and other parts. I wanted you to give chase to the race car. Was that the Busch car? Post more please.
Patrick
Old 12-09-2007, 09:18 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Downloading now cant wait!!

keep the vids coming. I love them.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:50 AM
special tool
Banned

Someone post this on Youtube or Google please.
I would like to see this video.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:24 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Tool you need to upgrade your 56k modem dude, here check the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Cp9XFEztk
Old 12-09-2007, 07:43 PM
caster951
Three Wheelin'

Damnit Lart, you got me to bite!
Old 12-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Zero10
Race Car

I'm really dense, just noticed you had a V8 in it. That explains the exhaust note
Nice car.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:16 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Tony, I'm curious what suspension setup you have. Occasionally I think I notice a bit of bounce in some corners, but that could be the track, camera, setup etc just wondering?
It really seems like you kind of get in the V8 mood and drive it like a mini 928. I know this is akin to swearing on this forum, and I don't actually mean it as a negative comment, it's just that's how it seems the car likes to be driven. I enjoy the video.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:09 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by special tool
Someone post this on Youtube or Google please.
I would like to see this video.
There is a file size limit on thoe sites. The video is too long and too big to be uploaded onto their. All large files like this have to be on private servers. I could host it on my server but, you would have the same problem them as you do now.

I guess we all know where your money go's I don't blame ya for it either. lol

I loved the vid tony. Can you put up the one with the zo6?
Old 12-10-2007, 10:24 AM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
There is a file size limit on thoe sites. The video is too long and too big to be uploaded onto their. All large files like this have to be on private servers. I could host it on my server but, you would have the same problem them as you do now.

I guess we all know where your money go's I don't blame ya for it either. lol

I loved the vid tony. Can you put up the one with the zo6?
No I have wireless cable, just some windows movies I can't get, I don't know why.
I have the latest codec too...

Quick Reply: By request... more 951 V8 video (see me go off the track!!!)