Project thought for winter and year 2008

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:49 PM
pete95zhn
Former Vendor

Received 109 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by ittia
Also, what type of wheels are these?
'02 Carrera ( 8 & 10x18 ). Similar one, but narrower, are used in Boxsters.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:50 PM
ittia
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

333pg333: Hopefully I will get a chance to go there in January. Working the midnight shift this month so no time until then (F'n Scrooges)

Luis de Prat: Thanks. I have spoken with my accountant and I can get my wheels when summer arrives. I have been torn at what to get and for some reason these wheels appeal to me very much. I don't ever switch wheels often so I need to get something that I have to look at for a very long time.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Markus951
Racer

Hey Guys

I asked more about the Tatech ECU-s tracktion control

Traction control cuts fuel injection for separate cylinders by a algorithm which first takes out less cylinders and keeps the traction percent in the given value without losing all the power at once so you can still drift with it smoothly (unless the percentage is limited to 1% . It also handles ignition timing for smoother work.

Also I'm sure it would be much more smoother and less fuel consumpting with running wideband in and idle control in closed loop..

Markus
Old 12-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Markus951
Racer

Also

It seems that I will be getting 4 EGT sensors with input to ECU as well. so I can actually fully sequentially tune my intake manifold acc to EGT temps so all cilinders will be running equally.

Markus
Old 12-09-2007, 02:54 AM
Tms951
Pro

One of the few things I regret on my car was a full custom 6 point cage instead of a 4 point rear hoop. It is a pain getting in and out it is ugly and leaves an unfinished look and is in some ways dangerous (when not wearing a helmet). It is also 10x tighter of a fit to the intirior of the car than any bolt in cage could ever be. those front brakes look like over kill and you would never be able to put them to use witht the front tire size you have and could fit, save the money and just put on some big reds. Even with R-compound tires the big reds could over power my tires all day long in summer heat on the track, I will be useing 255s up front next season to help this as well as a tilton set up.

Last edited by Tms951; 12-11-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:15 AM
Markus951
Racer

Well

I am not going to install custom cage since its illegal for street.. allthough Bolt-cage is somewhat legal..

One other thing I have thought about, and what I have discussed with Corleone is my CR and E85..

Since I was thinking to switch to E85 I thought, maybe it would be wise to put back stock thick headgasket (1.3mm) and run 11:1 CR with E85.. + change the hotside from 0.82 to 1,06.

With stock thick headgasket I could use the full benefit of squish + we all know that with ethanol is very crucial if it detonates, stock headgasket will elimante that risk what I had with thinker headgasket and fu**ed up squish area.

1,06 Ar again will allow me to make more power with less boost.. Since I am going to run 11:1 CR then its no problem to make it spool on low-rpm + I can run less boost, less EGT and way more igniton advance (more=5-7 degrees on load). Aim is to have around same power (500-550RWHP) with 1-1.2 bar boost. It could be that the stock exhaust manny is on the way to make that high power on that low boost..

Markus
Old 12-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Markus951
Racer

More

how much people here in the forum knows about Splitfire? I was thinking to adapt one of their kits witch is originally made for SR20DET engine to my own project. I just have to measure coil lenght, diamter that it can be fitted to our cars.. the set is somewhat 500 USD and comes with everything....allmost..

Copy..

Genuine coil packs used for NISSAN SR20DET were not satisfactory to provide enough energy because of the design restriction.

"SplitFire Super Direct Ignition System" can provide 150% of electricity to spark plug compared to the genuine coil at all RPM by the modified structure of coils. It also improves power, torque and combustion efficiency by complete combustion.

The special circuit adopted for this unit helps to start engine at lower voltage. It provides the excellent starting performance even at lower voltage. It also eliminates noise and RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) for audio equipment because plug wires were eliminated. By conducting radical research and development of ignition system of the SR engine, SplitFire Super Direct Ignition System enabled to improve the performance of engines of not only normal cars but also hard tuned cars.
For responding customers' eagerness, we added SplitFire Direct Ignition System for NISSAN SILVIA CA Engine in our lineup.

Basic Component Parts
Ignition coil/ Control Case/ Main Harness/ Sub Harness/ set of screw and spacer
Old 12-11-2007, 10:49 AM
pete95zhn
Former Vendor

Received 109 Likes on 63 Posts

Markus, clear your PM inbox...!
Old 12-11-2007, 11:02 AM
chrisconstantin
Advanced

Couple of things, I am really really interested in ditching the lights on my car and getting the plexi covers and I would like to have something similar to Corleone's car with the Hella Xenon system. Any info on that, did he make it himself?

Also, I have to know how you got those brakes to fit. I have to have that. Please let me know, do you have a link? I need that stuff before I get my engine done. Awesome stuff man!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also, I have to know how you got those brakes to fit. I have to have that. Please let me know, do you have a link? I need that stuff before I get my engine done. Awesome stuff man!!!
Actually Markus does not have yet that GT2/GT3 setup. It's Pete's car. We bought about two years ago calipers and had local machine shop done the adapters according to Pete's drawings. We have some improved versions on their way for Markus and also for Patrick

Here's my stuff:

Old 12-11-2007, 05:32 PM
chrisconstantin
Advanced

So, Ollie, what does it take to get a set of these adaptors from you? I like the 6 pot but I have also thought about the 8 piston Brembo LeMans kit from the Gallardo as I can still obtain those calipers from the dealership that I used to work for at a reasonable price. What do you use for Rotors on the 944 for this application?
Old 12-11-2007, 07:44 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Chris, what size and weight are those 8 pots?
Old 12-11-2007, 08:12 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=chrisconstantin;4869854]? I like the 6 pot but I have also thought about the 8 piston Brembo LeMans kit [QUOTE]

Make sure they will fit under your wheels..
Old 12-11-2007, 08:51 PM
gt37vgt
Drifting

traction control generally cuts power by cutting ignition randomly or by algorithm it saferand easier than cutting fuel to cut fuel you have to cleanly cut 1 or to injectors out of a cycle if its not super precise you will have lean out drama also its much less progressive

and Splitfire is concentrated SNAKE OIL but muli coils are a good idea there is the believe amoungst OEM set ups that shaky motors like these big 4 bangers and 4 pot boxers tend to shake coils on plugs to death so coils off the engine and short leads is the answear . I'm told there is often relieabilty issues with coil on plug .
I opted for 4 honda v6 coils as they have on board ignighters but they are cheap and easy but i havnn't proved them yet .

also I have 3 motors but there is a complete S2 here are you sujjusting i put it strait in with out cranking it open and just run E85 14psi it is very tempting i just have to get an inlet manifold .
but I'm kind scard to run any boost without O ringing an enigine . are there any gaskets available with cutting rings ?? mainly due to the tops of the bores moving .
we are kind of not aware of the gasket technology down this way we uselly go for oringing and full copper head gaskets.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:51 AM
Markus951
Racer

I know that this question is debatted here befor but what is the power limitation for stock froged rods

Last year I made 395lb.ft on rear wheels.. If I remember correctly Special Tools car was still running stock rodse when it was 542 rwhp? Now with new setup he had some new stuff in there? Also the stock rod bearings, should i be worried about those in any stage? Sry But i have not found any concrete answers. If the engine is tuned correctly with no detonation is it possible that the rods are going to bent under high cilinder pressure?

Markus

Quick Reply: Project thought for winter and year 2008