Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Are 944 Turbos at a Disadvantage in PCA Club Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 08:21 PM
warpedrotor
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air cooled

upon further reflection i think the problem might be with the power potential given to a 6 cyl air cooled car i think the problem is that nobody has taken into account the huge advantage of a light weight car

look at this years gt4s results again air cooled light weight 911's are beating GTC1 cars

or

think about this

musante's time are better then rick demans times at limerock in a 3.8 liter 911 turbo in gt1r

my thoughts are this is not just a 944t vs 911 issue it might be much more -

at road atlanta a twin turbo 911 running GT2R was faster then chris by a mere .10 of a second again i think weight was a big issue

I agree we should wait to see the results from the glenn but right now i feel something is not quite right
Old 04-27-2008, 08:40 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Just add lightness.
Colin Chapman
Old 04-27-2008, 09:28 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoffrey

I don't think the 944s will have a weight issue in GT2 since they can weight (with driver)

2.5T - 2112
2.8T - 2387
3.0T - 2556

What do I think? I think the rules are working just fine and that there simply isn't the level of preparation built into 944Ts yet as there has been with the 911s.

oh jesus. Lets fit an "average" male weight in there. 200lbs. To get to the limit of this rule, the Car must weigh in at 1912lbs!!!! OMG. well. I'm sure it's "Possible" But get real. Please point me in the direction of an officially weighed 951 under 2Klbs. I'm light, but Cage and fire safety are still left. Huge rims and tires going on.

I'm not debating it's not possible. Truly anything is with cash. But all it does is push 951cars that are already too light for GT3's new rules into a class they cant begin to compete in. In a class that's for more expensive budgets. Face it. The 951 is old and no one wants to spend about the same amount of money (seriously, same money for an older shell compared to a later/ upstanding newer shell) ..for this old car. It is basically phasing out the 951 Strictly through accounting. We're just not a large budget group and they know it.

So, yeah, we're upset. What little dominance the 951 had left was taken away. That works about the same for any model of car and thier owners given the same situation. I say ignore us like you did when the rules changed and let us gripe. It's all we've got now.

p.s. I've been wanting to compete in the GT3 class for 2 years now. All plans were heading to this. I never even got to start. already an orphan. This is my point of view on these rules. It aint pretty.

Quick Reply: Are 944 Turbos at a Disadvantage in PCA Club Racing?