Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Ball bearing turbo upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
My next question for him would be what he did to those cars that isn't "pants on head" retarded that Milledge and others apparently don't know how to do on their cars. However, seeing as they are stock odds are that he did nothing. Actually I'm waiting for his explanation for his apparent connection to Steinel - if there is one.
I would also like to say that what Jon does isn't pants on head retarded because he has to follow rules and guidelines. However, on street cars there are no rules for us to follow so we can get away with more.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:25 PM
S2cab
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 87944turbo
What are you bolting this turbo onto?
I'm in the market for a 2nd car & am trying to get as much info as I can before I make the plunge. I'm trying to find a combo that will give me decent boost around 2500 rpm. I don't want to drive something with no power under 4000 rpm.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:28 PM
George D
Drifting

Sounds like you might like a Jetta Turbo Diesel. !!

G
Old 10-23-2007, 06:53 PM
S2cab
Instructor

Originally Posted by kevincnc
Okay S2cab, tell us who you work for

I don't work for anyone in the industry. I'm new to the 944 turbo world, & am gathering information to use to improve 20 year old technology. I've always liked the way the 944 turbo looks. The lines are classic. I just don't want to drive something with no power under 4000 rpm.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:11 PM
S2cab
Instructor

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Now that you've had a lot of people respond, have you decided on which turbo you're gonna get? I know you don't have a 944T now, for you said in the N/A section that you're looking to buy one. So, is this turbo for your future 944T?

This is research for the future purchase. I've gotten a few website links that helped, but the posts have kind of strayed from the original topic.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:25 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishey
(Don't ask me cause I am not telling instead I am building and its costing me a ton of money.)
So.... Youre making a big scene about how no one knows things.... Then you say that.

Why do you bother to post that then?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:27 PM
S2cab
Instructor

Originally Posted by George D
Sounds like you might like a Jetta Turbo Diesel. !!

G
I'm not a diesel head. I know there are some people that love them, but they're not for me. There are some VW's that would make interesting projects with boost attached to them, the diesel isn't one of them.

http://www.streetwerke.com/R32turbo.html
Old 10-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by theedge
So.... Youre making a big scene about how no one knows things.... Then you say that.

Why do you bother to post that then?
I think people should come to there own conclusions and think on there own. If I post what I am doing I might not hear a new idea that I have not thought about. Also, I don't want anyone to copy my setup and get it done before me (aka they have more money) I want to find out on my own that my predictions where dead on and the results payed off. I am sure if I post what I am going to do no one will do it but there is always that chance.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:27 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishey
I think people should come to there own conclusions. If I post what I am doing I might not hear a new idea that I have not thought about.
Huh????
Old 10-23-2007, 08:30 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Also, we are talking about our cars having lag or not being able to compete with modern Jap or whatever cars, but that's when we are using older tech. What about when we change to some current tech and update many components? I realise that there are many racers who can't do this due to certain rules, but I reckon that there is life in the old dog still especially if we give it a bath and a new shiny collar. lol
Old 10-23-2007, 09:20 PM
George D
Drifting

I'm not a diesel head. I know there are some people that love them, but they're not for me. There are some VW's that would make interesting projects with boost attached to them, the diesel isn't one of them.

I was just joking about the diesel. I've seen some pretty good low boost S2 and 968 turbo cars. Low boost being 8 to 10 psi cars and all factory internals. These setups use a very small turbo, and have little lag. Powerhaus and a few other vendors sell these kits in the 6K range. 300whp and stocklike driveability. You will get the best of the S2 stock low end with much more power on tap.

SFR has some very good bolt on proven supercharger systems with similar hp, but less tq than a turbo setup.

Another really nice bolt on option is a low boost turbo kit for the 95-99 M3 cars. The supercharger kits are also available for these cars. The M3 is an awesome car out of the box. I had a 1997 Sedan that did very well in it's class with just 240hp. The sky is the limit here. Powerhaus had a low boost 968 that would get about 5psi by 2500rpm on a stock car using variocam and a small turbo.

300whp on a S2 or 968 with the benefit of high compression is a really fun car.

Good luck with your decision. You have much to choose from.

George
Old 10-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschefile
Strangely enough, a thread on the 930 forum showed that K27 exhaust housings literally have the same inlet and outlet flange shapes and bolt patterns to Garrett T3 exhaust housings, to the point where people have literally just bolted stuff like Gt35r's on to their stock exhaust components.
Got a link or thread title?

Rogue
Old 10-23-2007, 09:49 PM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George D
300whp on a S2 or 968 with the benefit of high compression is a really fun car.
George
yea darthcoupe's car was flying around the nelson ledges course those who were there can attest
Old 10-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TRP951
yea darthcoupe's car was flying around the nelson ledges course those who were there can attest
I fixed his suspension (Bolt hitting coil spring) and did his alignment was going to fix his maf wiring at the time but didn't have any time to get danny to call him.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:06 PM
Blueman33
Pro

Great thread but with a silly name "ball bearing turbo upgrade".

I think we should rename it

"Nitrous, tuners, engine builders, jap cars, a billion horse power, road racing vs. 1/4 mile cars, head gaskets, show your stuff and Tool has never seen a crank"

Quick Reply: Ball bearing turbo upgrade