Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

OT: Please tell me if I am out of line

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 04:58 PM
schmedes1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this OT thread staying in the forum because a) the soap opera script is still developing, b) we all have buyer-seller situations and find this one interesting, or c) we want to know how the story ends?
Old 09-28-2007, 05:00 PM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

All of the above
Old 09-28-2007, 06:05 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought something from a Rennlister a while back and he sent it to me before I even sent him a check. Thinking it would make it easier for him, I sent a Cashier's check instead of a personal one. As it turned out, I accidentally sent him the receipt, and then couldn't find the actual check. What I should have done was immediately sent him another one, but instead I filed a lost check report with the bank and it took something like a month to get him another one. He didn't lose any money but I felt bad enough to send and extra $25 for making him wait. Not because I was afraid of him calling me out- he was very cool about it but I felt bad.

It sucks that you lost $45 and his conscience should dictate that he pays you back. If not, I'd say chalk it up to experience, be the bigger man, and don't name him. Hopefully after reading this thread, he'll do what's right.

EDIT: the above gives you the benefit of doubt about the fuel leak thing. Charma might have something to do with this in more ways than one.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:54 PM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

I don't plan on naming him, the original point of the thread was as the title states: to see if i am out of line by asking him to repay me.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:34 PM
davepnola
Racer

I must tell everyone this is not about Flaming someone, it is about Honesty and that is the point of my post !! This is the proof that the car I purchased from Morty had a GASOLINE LEAK and I was not informed !! Some might Say I bought a used car that was damaged and it was my responsibility to check the car before the purchase. Ok I agree, but the day I picked this car up it was pooring down rain and we negoited everything that was wrong with the car to determine a price. So once again this not about Flaming, it is about INTEGRITY !! Proof:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the exact same thing happen, and i needed a new filter any way so i just replaced the line from the tank to pump, pump to filter, and filter to hardline; the filter and the fuel pump check valve. After all this, it turned out that the actuall fitting on the fuel pump was leaking and the pump had to also be replaced, check yours out by removing the cover and watching (the pump is attached to the cover with a hose clamp, so undo that and just hold the pump up there while someone starts the car) Try tightening the fiting on the outlet of the pump and the hose clamp on the inlet and if it still leaks from one end of the pump, you will probably need a new pump, just because of the stupid fittings. just my .02 cents hope it helps....

So why was I not informed Morty that you did not repair this problem ?? Think about it this was not an oil leak , it was GASOLINE !! See my point ....?
Old 09-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Fastcar944
Advanced

I agree with most of listers wrote,but for the most part we are all strangers hiding behind a computer we really dont know each other, our morals ,values, the way we live our lives and how we treat other people on a daily basis,hope you get the meaning. That said if you want to be savvy before you deposit a check or try to cash it, you can ask the teller if their are enough funds in the account to cover it and they will tell you.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:17 PM
BlacknRedGT
Pro

Originally Posted by Fastcar944
I agree with most of listers wrote,but for the most part we are all strangers hiding behind a computer we really dont know each other, our morals ,values, the way we live our lives and how we treat other people on a daily basis,hope you get the meaning. That said if you want to be savvy before you deposit a check or try to cash it, you can ask the teller if their are enough funds in the account to cover it and they will tell you.
Here is what I do with doggy tenants(tenants that have had checks bounce more then once)

Call the bank that is listed on the check(there is almost always a number). Give them his account number/check number/amount of check and ask them to verify if funds are available. They will tell you cheers
Old 09-28-2007, 10:22 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Has the guy paid yet?
Old 09-29-2007, 12:49 AM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

I have no word from buyer yet

And about Daves second post, this is getting annoying but just trying to keep things straight for those of you just reading:

Dave, you got me. I posted that..... and the date was 05-10-2007 if you checked. You bought that car from me 4 months earlier. You then informed me of the returned gas leak and you told me that it required a new pump. That is how I new that the situation that guy was in called for a new pump since everything I did apparently did not work. When he asked that question I took the knowledge of what you told me and passed it to him so he would not make my same mistake. Check you dates next time.

Quick Reply: OT: Please tell me if I am out of line