Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Cool air brake ducts

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:10 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool air brake ducts

Anyone have a source (retailer) that sells the ducts and hosing for the cool air kits for our cars?

Thanks,

George
Old 09-05-2007, 07:27 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are two links. Maybe there is one vendor that sells both? I'm sure someone on here knows who does.

Lindsey Racing

OG Racing
Old 09-05-2007, 08:12 PM
mj951
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

AIR...American International Racing has cooling ducts for the fog light slots.
http://www.americaninternationalraci...alleryid=43737
Old 09-05-2007, 08:54 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

George, here is another option should you want to use brake scoop kit instead. When I had them on my other 3.0L, they were excellent when used in conjunction with other "upgraded" componenets. Below is a good link where a lot of people will attest to them, but you can decide for yourself. You may want to look into these as another option. Anyway, I hope this helps you.

Thread On 968 Brake Scoops --> Frozen Rotor Technologies
Old 09-05-2007, 10:33 PM
tjbreen
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just did this. If your car is stock the fog light ducts are difficult to install due to the stuff behind them. Right side you have the power steering cooler, left side you have the alternator cooing duct. If you can delete or move these things the fog light ducts look like they will pull in a bunch of air.

I ended up going to the OG Racing showroom and picked up the second to last pair of stock replacement ducts that install in place of the stock ducts and terminate in a 3" adapter. Some 3" high temp hose, some spindle adapters from Lindsey , a bunch of cable ties and I was set. This solution did not require any modifications to all the stuff packed in the nose but the OG ducts are hard to find.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:24 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

There's also a kit sold by Pegasus that looks similar George.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:41 AM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Wow I just noticed the lindsey kit only puts air against the back of the rotor? That seems like a poor design.

I have the OG kit which throws air into the center of the rotor. I also have the ducts that mount in the stock location and connect to the hose.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by tedwright
Wow I just noticed the lindsey kit only puts air against the back of the rotor? That seems like a poor design.
A "poor design" ?

I have the OG kit which throws air into the center of the rotor. I also have the ducts that mount in the stock location and connect to the hose.
Would you mind sharing some pictures ?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:11 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Thom
Would you mind sharing some pictures ?
A quick search turned up this picture of the kit- with a rotor off the car, so you can see what I am talking about.

Look at the picture in the firs post:
https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/173728-a-small-improvement-brakes.html
Old 09-06-2007, 12:18 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are referring to these, the majority of the backing plate opening pushes air directly into the opening on the rear of the rotor, pushing air through the rotor itself and out the internal vanes. They actually work very well.
Attached Images   
Old 09-06-2007, 12:20 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Ted-
The Lindsey kit, which came (originally) from Broadfoot, directs air towards the center portion of the rotor. It's not entirely directed at the inner face, there is some overlap with the opening at the center to the vained portion of the rotor. It's what I'm currently running and I've noticed a small improvement over stock on the track.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:26 PM
mj951
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

I agree with what tjbreen said above, lots of things in the way.
I installed mine as part of a twin ducted oil cooler upgrade, I also had to relocate the power steering cooler. The results are good in terms of cooling, no fade or brake issues on or off the track.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:28 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by George D
Anyone have a source (retailer) that sells the ducts and hosing for the cool air kits for our cars?
George, I am just curious about the application for your car with respect to the brakes. Is this a street car that will see some DEs/track time, or is it going to be a full-time track car?

Old 09-06-2007, 02:34 PM
George D
Drifting

I just ordered the 968 brake scoops from Frozed Rotor. Thanks Rolex for the tip. These will be MUCH better than my current cool brake kit with the PITA hoses that I have to mess with all the time.

Rolex how is your motor coming? My 3.0 motor will be done this week. Then install and tune.

Regards,

George
Old 09-06-2007, 02:46 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by George D
I just ordered the 968 brake scoops from Frozed Rotor. Thanks Rolex for the tip. These will be MUCH better than my current cool brake kit with the PITA hoses that I have to mess with all the time. Rolex how is your motor coming? My 3.0 motor will be done this week. Then install and tune.
Glad I could help you George. If I may assist you in anyway, feel free to PM me anytime. And my project car? Well, at the rate Chris is going I think it will be done by 2010! J/K. I will bump my thread with updates when I have some. Anyway, I bet you can't wait to get that car back? Tim is going to do a great job with it I'm sure. His parts are second to none. So, is this a dual purpose car?

Quick Reply: Cool air brake ducts