Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Calling out Special Tool, 1/4 mile race <VIDEO>FINALLY <SUPRA vid>added

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007 | 02:09 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...QQcmdZViewItem

I will be there next run to kick some azzz for real !
Old 08-07-2007 | 02:25 AM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Wow that's a beast. But what's with the dinky-*** roll cage? Sure wouldn't wanna drive that thing in its present state...
Old 08-07-2007 | 02:37 AM
blown 944
Race Car

I hope it doesn't start going that direction as that wil take all fun out of it. Im sure we have all seen enough back half sb chevy cars and throwing one into this Porsche discusion is silly IMO
Old 08-07-2007 | 02:46 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by blown 944
I hope it doesn't start going that direction as that wil take all fun out of it. Im sure we have all seen enough back half sb chevy cars and throwing one into this Porsche discusion is silly IMO
So, it is your belief that 951 are good cars for drag racing right?
Old 08-07-2007 | 03:18 AM
blown 944
Race Car

No Lart .....I don't think they are the optimum (not even close) car for drag racing, I think that is well established.

I would just hate to see a bunch of crazy back halfing going on to try to one up each other .

Would I drag mine?? yes why not ,it is my car and these are their cars what each does with their own car is their biz. I do think it is just another fun tool to test the cars performance.

To me it is much more exciting than going to the dyno ....anyday

Whether or not anyone thinks it's a good idea, or not, is not going to sway my thinking. After all I have the fastest originally na car right now in a drag race . I will be throwing my hat in the ring shortly to try to take the top spot for a time too

I know this is just what yo0u wanted to hear

Maybe you'll be sold out of transaxles and cv's quicker

Who kows maybe some good will come of this like improving the durability of the transaxle and cv's
Old 08-07-2007 | 07:47 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
I don't think anyone is arguing that point. ST's car would destroy tms on the street from a roll. We all know that.

ST's traps are still way down though. I bet once he gets it sorted with a decent set of tires and gets some practice you will see his trap speed increase 10mph.
You and I get that, reading the past few pages it's clear there are some that dont
Old 08-07-2007 | 08:02 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by blown 944
No Lart .....I don't think they are the optimum (not even close) car for drag racing, I think that is well established.

I would just hate to see a bunch of crazy back halfing going on to try to one up each other .

Would I drag mine?? yes why not ,it is my car and these are their cars what each does with their own car is their biz. I do think it is just another fun tool to test the cars performance.

To me it is much more exciting than going to the dyno ....anyday

Whether or not anyone thinks it's a good idea, or not, is not going to sway my thinking. After all I have the fastest originally na car right now in a drag race . I will be throwing my hat in the ring shortly to try to take the top spot for a time too

I know this is just what yo0u wanted to hear

Maybe you'll be sold out of transaxles and cv's quicker

Who kows maybe some good will come of this like improving the durability of the transaxle and cv's

I'm off to the track on Friday to try and Break some CV joints....er I mean into the 11's.
Old 08-07-2007 | 08:09 PM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

dragracing 951 is.. yeah well.. don't you guys have live axle v8 stuff for this?

so tms is the black car? and ST is the guy running his special batmobile smoke shield?

tms' car is a track car that does turns right?

this is how it's supposed to be done.
http://media.vems.se/film/christell785.wmv
Old 08-07-2007 | 08:33 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by anders44
dragracing 951 is.. yeah well.. don't you guys have live axle v8 stuff for this?

so tms is the black car? and ST is the guy running his special batmobile smoke shield?

tms' car is a track car that does turns right?

this is how it's supposed to be done.
http://media.vems.se/film/christell785.wmv
nope, these guys don't know how to turn for crap, all they do is live their life 10sec at the time. I mean at least 12sec because these cars are crap for 1/4 miles. I think tms and tool are planning to remove the steering wheel since they don't use it anyway.
Attached Images  
Old 08-07-2007 | 08:52 PM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

hahahaha "for thoose 10.. ehh 12.. 13? seconds or less I'm free" quote vin diesel.
gotto love FnF lart.

fun fact from friday... couple of swedes with an old bmw a big turbo, ford 9" and a few weekends.. instant 9 second car.. they started mapping the car on thursday I belive, huge traction problems as well.
Old 08-07-2007 | 11:57 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Originally Posted by 2bridges
People often don't realize...... a high 11second low 12 second street car is quite fast. People look at generic times and don't "feel" reality, but if you ride/ drive an 11 second car that is FAST for most every enthusiast.

A ten second street car is just scary fast..... and I am talking **** your pants, think you are gonna see Jesus fast.
I have an Evo friend laying 360whp, which should net him in the low 12's, or super high 11's. Riding it in, it doesn't really seem that fast. Racing him in my S2, it seeems ungodly fast when he puts bus lengths on me from a 60mph roll. lol

Mike- As far as him not tripping the counter until he actually goes is fine, if he's doing a solo run. What's the whole point of most drag racing? Racing somebody else. Since he was racing someone else, I can comment on him not leaving the line for eternity. I wouldn't have said anything had he been doing a pass by himself!
Old 08-08-2007 | 12:15 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
Mike- As far as him not tripping the counter until he actually goes is fine, if he's doing a solo run. What's the whole point of most drag racing? Racing somebody else. Since he was racing someone else, I can comment on him not leaving the line for eternity. I wouldn't have said anything had he been doing a pass by himself!
See and I couldnt care less about TMS beating him across the line when from any kind of roll Tool's car would put multiple car lengths on him judging by the trap speeds.
Old 08-08-2007 | 12:23 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MPD47
You and I get that, reading the past few pages it's clear there are some that dont
I got you. I think there are alot of people on this site who know very little about real world performance figures and what they really translate to on the street. You however have plenty of expeirence and get it. Reading through the responses its always painfully obvious who has been out and who hasn't.

I have an Evo friend laying 360whp, which should net him in the low 12's, or super high 11's. Riding it in, it doesn't really seem that fast. Racing him in my S2, it seeems ungodly fast when he puts bus lengths on me from a 60mph roll. lol
Trust your instincts. Its cause its not that fast. Atleast not these days if you live in a big city. Et's don't mean ****. That evo is 4 wheel drive and pulls crazy 60's and 330's. So he can run a real low ET but, don't trap all that much. Its why on the street it don't feel like much. ofcourse compared to a slow as ***** s2 in a straight line its gonna destory it. It really is all about trap speed when it comes to street driving and roll on freeway performance. Dropping down a few gears to make a pass at 70mph is when 10mph more in the 1/4 becomes painfully obvious.

but, this isint about who crosses the line its about who has the faster ET. Who is quicker in the 1/4. And for that im sorry im sit at the line for 5 seconds to make sure everything is in check before I lift. Its trying to pull a crazy reaction time that gets newbies stumbling off the line and ****.

this isint pinks. We aren't racing for slips or for money.
Old 08-08-2007 | 04:54 AM
Whitt944
Always Wears Protection
Rennlist Member

Very nice,thanks for actually getting out there and not turning into jokes. You fellas have some ferocious vehicles ( and technical know-how )for sure.
Old 08-08-2007 | 10:53 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Trust your instincts. Its cause its not that fast. Atleast not these days if you live in a big city. Et's don't mean ****. That evo is 4 wheel drive and pulls crazy 60's and 330's. So he can run a real low ET but, don't trap all that much. Its why on the street it don't feel like much. ofcourse compared to a slow as ***** s2 in a straight line its gonna destory it. It really is all about trap speed when it comes to street driving and roll on freeway performance. Dropping down a few gears to make a pass at 70mph is when 10mph more in the 1/4 becomes painfully obvious.

but, this isint about who crosses the line its about who has the faster ET. Who is quicker in the 1/4. And for that im sorry im sit at the line for 5 seconds to make sure everything is in check before I lift. Its trying to pull a crazy reaction time that gets newbies stumbling off the line and ****.

this isint pinks. We aren't racing for slips or for money.
I understand, just trying to raise some ruckus around here with the new found addiction of drag racing Porsches. lol

Of course faster E.T. is the thing that matters but in NHRA top fuel runs, if one guy left 3.8 seconds after the other, it wouldn't even be a race...would it? lol Launching at the same time just adds to the fun of the occasion, and shows some things. ST leaving the line like he did, made it appear that he had lost by a lot more since TMS was already so far down. The loss wouldn't have seemed so great had they launched at the "same" time. But again, I'm not debating points that you guys have made, just stirring a little sh*t up.

Quick Reply: Calling out Special Tool, 1/4 mile race <VIDEO>FINALLY <SUPRA vid>added