Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Calling out Special Tool, 1/4 mile race <VIDEO>FINALLY <SUPRA vid>added

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 03:21 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also tool. For the launch control.....
Just some constructive criticism. (Knowing you've seen my horrible launches with my car.!)

You have to stage FIRST. you can do this if you stage second, but you have to be WAAAY better at it.

So... Staging.. When your tires light up both the little lights at the very top of the tree. (Tires are now lined up between the beems. ..

Do this first. Look over at your competitor. Watch him stage those lights. Wait until , not before.. He just hits the second light. (Make sure he's not over shooting it and has to re-stage)

RIGHT after he get the second top little light to light up... exactly 3 seconds later, The three amber lights start their countdown. (3 lights in sucession till green) . This is why you stage first, you have time to get ready for this to all hapen with your foot at the ready on the gas pedal. So... to re-iterate.. Right after he(competitor) lights up the second little light on top, he is staged. SO no you know you have three seconds to the lights Start their countdown. The lights countdown to green takes aproximately 2 seconds ..... Sooooo that gives you a nice amount of time... (5 seconds) of bouncing off the staged limiter to build plenty of boost before the green light turns on.

Last trick.... release clutch 1/4 or 1/2 way through last amber light before green. you WONT red light. (Depending on how deep or shallow you staged, but that's another thing.

Do this... You will be on your way to great 60' times. And oh yeah... USE SOME STICKY TIRES NEXT TIME!
Old 08-06-2007, 03:23 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^ agreed

I think that the reality perception is so swayed nowadays b/c of th einternet and seeing vids of crazy supras and the like.

I have had a few 10 sec street cars and it didn't matter really that they could run so fast when a car hooked up good it was over anyway. I learned to tune the suspension to be able to beat some fast **** on the street back in the day (not that I am promoting any of that). Matter of fact the last time I participated in any of that crap was with my Nova that went mid 8's the week earlier and I got beat by a Camaro that had just went 10.40's that weekend. Just to show what a well prepared car can do vs an all out bruiser.

It does look like tool can use some seat time though

TMS you had it dialed man good runs.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:26 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oops meant for previous post
Old 08-06-2007, 04:30 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

i also have a video of a supra that ran that day.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:43 PM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Nice run TMS .. beating a "on the paper" more powerful car always feels good
Old 08-06-2007, 05:11 PM
ryanm6100
Pumice King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by reno808
i also have a video of a supra that ran that day.
reno808 = king of the dry f*ck

SHOW ME!!!

Old 08-06-2007, 05:26 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Tms951
They were pilot sports which from my expierience are the best street tires you can buy, they have a tread ware of 220.

Other thing that puzzles me is if tool was in a race where reaction time counts why would sit at the line for 2 seconds befor launching.
Best street tires you can buy? I know that is a matter of opinion, but please. . .

Also, I would bet these are the same set of tires that were on his car 4 years ago

As for him waiting the 2 seconds-- If I know Jim (and I do), that was probably him being cocky, thinking he could give you a 2 second jump and still pass you before the finish line. Well, as it turns out, there was a little more to this drag racing thing then he originally figured

Anyways, not meaning to dog you--- you did really well. I just think you are taking this a bit too seriously. So, relax- have a laugh and a .

Old 08-06-2007, 05:37 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by tedwright
Best street tires you can buy? I know that is a matter of opinion, but please. . .

Also, I would bet these are the same set of tires that were on his car 4 years ago

As for him waiting the 2 seconds-- If I know Jim (and I do), that was probably him being cocky, thinking he could give you a 2 second jump and still pass you before the finish line. Well, as it turns out, there was a little more to this drag racing thing then he originally figured

Anyways, not meaning to dog you--- you did really well. I just think you are taking this a bit too seriously. So, relax- have a laugh and a .

I've found the Falken Azenis 615 to be the best bang for the buck. One of the sticky-est non R compounds out there thats very close to an R. But. It will actually last longer than a couple of months. Driving syle dependant of course.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:44 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 95ONE
I've found the Falken Azenis 615 to be the best bang for the buck. One of the sticky-est non R compounds out there thats very close to an R. But. It will actually last longer than a couple of months. Driving syle dependant of course.

Yep-- I just did a 2000 mile trip on those tires. . .
Old 08-06-2007, 05:45 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

TED u going to the fest???????
Old 08-06-2007, 05:45 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ryanm6100
reno808 = king of the dry f*ck

SHOW ME!!!

lol when i get home
Old 08-06-2007, 05:51 PM
2bridges
Drifting

give you a 2 second jump and still pass you before the finish line.
Yeah - Immediately when watched I kinda laughed

give him a big jump then run him down and spank his *** like a little biatch!

except it didn't quite shake out.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:55 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by reno808
TED u going to the fest???????

Nah-- I have to take the girlfriend to the bahamas !! I get another P-car, she gets a vacation and a tennis bracelet. You know how it is . . .
Old 08-06-2007, 05:58 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Nah-- I have to take the girlfriend to the bahamas !! I get another P-car, she gets a vacation and a tennis bracelet. You know how it is . . .
haha i know. When ever your near by stop by u know where i live. I actually might be heading down there in a few weeks. We should meet up
Old 08-06-2007, 06:03 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Holy **** Ted - you are in depp **** my brutha.
You're not even married and she got you worked over that good. WOW

must be some extra good sweet lovin

All in fun

Quick Reply: Calling out Special Tool, 1/4 mile race <VIDEO>FINALLY <SUPRA vid>added