Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

MAXhpkit - US distributor of Scivision MAF (RL Promotion)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 04:43 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rberry951
Good question, I'll get an answer for this.

Regards,
Russell
THank You Thank You
Old 07-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Transaxle
Instructor

Originally Posted by toddk911
Anyone ever tried the 968 MAF for our car?

Would be difficult.

That is one of the early hot-wire type MAFs. The wire needs to be cleaned from dust regulary by a "burn-free" function from the DME. The 951 DME does not provide this function.

The newer HFM5 MAFs are based on hot-film technology and do not need any special cleaning procedures.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:23 PM
blitz951
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a great system.
I had another system that was fully custom made with the highest level of tuning capacity, huge MAF, SMT... a good system.
The Scivision is a better in everyway and no less in performance compared to the other units.
I have a full custom k27 that flows at least as much as a LR super75, full exhaust... and with this system and Russels chips the car runs great.
This system can handle any modification all the other MAFs can with the advantage of simplicity and no drivablility issues. The car runs like it did new/stock and I should know as I have a 944 turbo bought brand new and another one that has under 60K miles.
You will have no regrets and its nice to have a German part that looks factory stock under the hood.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:30 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by reno808
how much hp can the maf support?
Tom (Transaxle) quotes 360-380 at the crank.

Regards,
Russell
Old 07-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Regards,
Russell

Oh Oh...........
Old 07-25-2007, 05:37 AM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

I have had one of these MAF in my S2 for two years.
As far as reliability is concerned I drove about 30000 km (~19000 miles) in all kind of road and weather conditions with no issue whatsoever.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:30 PM
promax_motorsport
Racer

Point of clarity here. Several people have asked about the 'Promax MAF'. The MAF is made by Scivision, and the brainchild of our own Transaxle. Promax used to carry the Scivision, but did not develop it. Neither this unit nor my products have any affilitation with Promax. I only point this out because I'm receiving several emails and messages regarding Promax chips and other products.

I've received other questions regarding the plumbing for this MAF kit, you do not have to use the stock air box adapter, it is included for ease of installation. If you want to plumb in a cold air intake configuration with a cone filter you may do so.

Regards,
Russell
Hi Russell,

Sorry you have been getting enquiries about some of our products. You are correct, ProMAX Motorsport no longer carry the SciVision MAF product anymore.

We do have very comprehensive fitting instructions which anybody is welcome to download from the ProMAX Motorsport website (links provided for information only).

http://www.promaxmotorsport.com/maf_kit.htm
http://www.promaxmotorsport.com/maf_kit911.htm

For 951: http://www.promaxmotorsport.com/944t_maf.pdf [NOTE: 16.5 mb file - large pics]
For 944S2: http://www.promaxmotorsport.com/944s_maf.pdf

The SciVision product is an excellent concept and I am glad to hear that Russell has been able to offer the solution at a more competitive price.

Regards,
Andrew
www.promaxmotorsport.com
Old 07-25-2007, 02:09 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by promax_motorsport
Hi Russell,

Sorry you have been getting enquiries about some of our products. You are correct, ProMAX Motorsport no longer carry the SciVision MAF product anymore.

We do have very comprehensive fitting instructions which anybody is welcome to download from the ProMAX Motorsport website (links provided for information only).

http://www.promaxmotorsport.com/maf_kit.htm
http://www.promaxmotorsport.com/maf_kit911.htm

For 951: http://www.promaxmotorsport.com/944t_maf.pdf [NOTE: 16.5 mb file - large pics]
For 944S2: http://www.promaxmotorsport.com/944s_maf.pdf

The SciVision product is an excellent concept and I am glad to hear that Russell has been able to offer the solution at a more competitive price.

Regards,
Andrew
www.promaxmotorsport.com
Hey Andrew,

Long time no type!

People just associated the Scivision with Promax because you carried it before and they assume an association with other Promax products. No problem, just wanted to clarify.

Thanks for the install links, if you don't mind I'll use those on my support forum.

Regards,
Russell
Old 07-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Regards,
Russell
One potential solution to higher HP applications of this MAF is to increase the diameter of the sensor's holder through which the air passes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, the HFM5 sensor, or any MAF for that matter, is calibrated for a given voltage corresponding to a mass of air passing over it. Since any MAF is only sampling the flow of air that passes over the sensor and not the entire flow into the engine, the voltage output of the sensor is a function of the air sampled, not necessarily the flow into the engine.

By increasing the MAF diameter, the ratio of air sampled to total air entering the engine would change, making it possible to flow more air without maxing out the sensor's voltage. It would require a recalibration to adjust for the increased flow, but a simple flow bench measurement should give all the information needed. Just a thought...

This could be a Scivision StgII?
Old 07-25-2007, 02:25 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by Mike Murcia
One potential solution to higher HP applications of this MAF is to increase the diameter of the sensor's holder through which the air passes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, the HFM5 sensor, or any MAF for that matter, is calibrated for a given voltage corresponding to a mass of air passing over it. Since any MAF is only sampling the flow of air that passes over the sensor and not the entire flow into the engine, the voltage output of the sensor is a function of the air sampled, not necessarily the flow into the engine.

By increasing the MAF diameter, the ratio of air sampled to total air entering the engine would change, making it possible to flow more air without maxing out the sensor's voltage. It would require a recalibration to adjust for the increased flow, but a simple flow bench measurement should give all the information needed. Just a thought...

This could be a Scivision StgII?
Tom has also stated that the kit can be adapted to other MAFs, so as soon as I get specs on all available MAF sensors for the kits I'll post.

Regards,
Russell
Old 07-25-2007, 03:07 PM
promax_motorsport
Racer

Further links here (for the 944 Turbo):

http://www.promaxmotorsport.com/inst...stall_944t.pdf
http://www.promaxmotorsport.com/inst...maf_update.pdf

Russell, you are most welcome to use these also.

Regards,
Andrew
Old 07-25-2007, 04:01 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Default Website update

I just added another package to the offering, on the website there is now the option to purchase the Scivision alone, with 951MAX DME III, or 951MAX DME I Booster chips. The price with the Booster chip is $899.00 USD.

Regards,
Russell
Old 07-25-2007, 04:49 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the record, I wish you had posted this last week before hacked up my engine wiring harness for the LR MAF install...
Old 07-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Tom has also stated that the kit can be adapted to other MAFs, so as soon as I get specs on all available MAF sensors for the kits I'll post.

Regards,
Russell
Ok now I'm confused. The Scivision MAF can be adapted to another MAF? Does this mean I can yank out the sensor in my LR Stage IV MAF and put it in the Scivision MAF and THEN be able to run 400RWHP?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by billthe3
For the record, I wish you had posted this last week before hacked up my engine wiring harness for the LR MAF install...
hey.......just for the record........I wish you would come back and install my turbo...............

Quick Reply: MAXhpkit - US distributor of Scivision MAF (RL Promotion)