Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the turbine in his turbo?
Old 06-07-2007, 09:05 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Ski
with 400 to the rear, knowing that we had 351 to the rear in the track car, it will be so hard to control 400 rwhp if you really hit it in 2nd AND 3rd. Take it to 18 psi and see what you get. 330 to the rear wheels is a very quick car.
Not to be contentious, but it would also depend on suspension, tyres, weight distribution, lsd, and probably other things I forget as to traction issues.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

The LR Super 48 comes with a T31 turbine I believe. It's a 50 trim t3/t4, and I'd be willing to bet my life was built off a Precision SC series turbo (most likely SC50).
Old 06-08-2007, 09:23 AM
attyjeff
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, dont hate to so say it, I have and will continue to learn from people that have been there and done that, sooooooo..............it looks like a bigger turbo, head and intake.....I can do that.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Not to be contentious, but it would also depend on suspension, tyres, weight distribution, lsd, and probably other things I forget as to traction issues.
True...and yes our car was lighter but 275 tires, 700-600 springs CO Konis, LSD; I could light the tires at will in second or in 3rd (in the right rpm) with Toyo RA 1.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:27 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by attyjeff
I am running 16-17 lbs of boost, I am sooo sad with this, BUT I think I need to order a L/R head, and intake to get the numbers up, I want to get close to 400 at the rear,

Updating the head at this stage is a waste of money a good turbo and proper mapping will get you your goal without touching the head .....

Ski:
We used to race one in GT3 pca @ 455 whp, the wing made a difference but traction was good with the exception of 1st and 2nd......
Old 06-08-2007, 12:21 PM
special tool
Banned

One Thing I have learned with reference to weelspn In a 951, my brothers, Is that wheel hp matters not(as much), neither does peak torque.
Instead, the rpm range of peak torque matters most to wheelspn.
The 951 likes to make peak torque in a certain wndow - NO MATTER WHAT TURBO/HEAD/CAM/EXHAUST.

This is NOT TO SAY fastest.....just most weelspin
Old 06-08-2007, 12:28 PM
attyjeff
Racer

SP I think this turbo is a garrett mix match, or so it says on the L/R website.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by special tool
One Thing I have learned with reference to weelspn In a 951, my brothers, Is that wheel hp matters not(as much), neither does peak torque.
Instead, the rpm range of peak torque matters most to wheelspn.
The 951 likes to make peak torque in a certain wndow - NO MATTER WHAT TURBO/HEAD/CAM/EXHAUST.

This is NOT TO SAY fastest.....just most weelspin

Bore /stroke ratios is in part responsible for your TQ /Hp curve...
A peaky power curve will also lead to excessive wheelspin Something that makes the quick spool peaky guys feel fast , but it is not ....
Old 06-08-2007, 03:31 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Surely you can move the power and tq curve around a bit with different spec parts and profiles? Also older style suspension much less likely to be able to prevent wheelspin. I am not alone in experiencing a much greater lack of wheelspin with KW suspension and a proper LSD. (See pic's of new Motorsport LSD's in new thread going at the moment; ART!) I really have to try and spin the wheels if I wanted to do this (I don't). Granted, with a lighter racecar on 'only' R-spec tyres it may be more of an issue. I say 'only' as I am a fan of Toyo RA-1's but they're not a slick.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:07 PM
RPHARRIS
Racer

T04b 48lb wheel ...forget if its v or h trim. Hotside is a #8 with a stg 3 wheel. ...could be wrong but I'm pretty sure thats what it is. Dave Lindsey isn't a fan of 50 trims for some reason.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:29 PM
special tool
Banned

Surely you can move the power and tq curve around a bit with different spec parts and profiles? Also older style suspension much less likely to be able to prevent wheelspin. I am not alone in experiencing a much greater lack of wheelspin with KW suspension and a proper LSD. (See pic's of new Motorsport LSD's in new thread going at the moment; ART!) I really have to try and spin the wheels if I wanted to do this (I don't). Granted, with a lighter racecar on 'only' R-spec tyres it may be more of an issue. I say 'only' as I am a fan of Toyo RA-1's but they're not a slick.
Sure you can move the powerband around a lot!
I am saying that the 951, because of its design, will always make the sweetest torque in one area.
And I would say that you want to reach max boost at about 3700 rpm to achieve this. This is with perfect tune, modern turbo and hardware biased for torque.
I base this merely on 1000's of datalogs and 100's of dyno runs and the torque peak figure achieved, ultimately, in my sig.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Geneqco
Pro

Originally Posted by special tool
Sure you can move the powerband around a lot!
I am saying that the 951, because of its design, will always make the sweetest torque in one area.
And I would say that you want to reach max boost at about 3700 rpm to achieve this. This is with perfect tune, modern turbo and hardware biased for torque.
I base this merely on 1000's of datalogs and 100's of dyno runs and the torque peak figure achieved, ultimately, in my sig.
And where would you have TQ peak in this optimal setup?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:29 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

You can move the peak and the shape of the curve with cams etc, but the optimum cam design is already dictated in part by the bore /stroke ratio, the head flow is not the only thing in consideration it is not by accident that high rpm engines have very different bore/stroke ratios compared to low rpm engines ....

also interesting that you have very little wheels spin , then your setup is very good , yes Kw is a good suspension, but not to have any wheels spin with over 400 whp/tq, is very good ..........and unusual ......
Old 06-08-2007, 08:29 PM
special tool
Banned

Quick Reply: dyno chart, lets see if this works