Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Bleeder valve MBC with a dual port waste gate?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:42 AM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bleeder valve MBC with a dual port waste gate?

Will a bleeder valve MBC, work correctly with a Tial 38mm, plumbed up for Dual Port operation? A search on the subject came up with nothing.

IPSC
Old 04-18-2007, 10:48 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i have a lindsey black **** controller w/ a tial in dual port mode - what do you mean by bleeder- instead of adjusting flow it bleeds off excess flow?
Old 04-18-2007, 11:12 AM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

What I am using is an Inline Pro MBC and it simply has a very long tapered needle valve that adjusts how much boost pressure is bleed off through a tiny hole in the side. At least that is the way it was explained to me.

I can't remember where I heard it AND I could very easily have this wrong but for some reason, it is rattling around in the back of my head that this will not work with the Tial in, dual port mode.

I am currently set up in single port mode. The inline pro takes many revolutions to make adjustments but it holds 15 PSI rock steady.

My hope is that I can speed spool up by plumbing it up to use it in dual port mode.

IPSC
Old 04-18-2007, 11:45 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

A bleeder valve is the correct type MBC to use with a dual port WG. A good quality Mini Air regulator as the one used on the air compressor will do the job. You can even find them at the hardware store for less than $20.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:41 PM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

Ok thanks I appreciate it, Once I have everything in I will plumb this up to. In Dual Port Mode how much quicker spool can one expect?

IPSC
Old 04-18-2007, 02:21 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted the layout of this setup last week or so. Umm can re post it when i get home if you want??
Old 04-18-2007, 02:34 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 187 Likes on 103 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...leed+dual+port

If it's a bleed valve then it won't work in dual port mode. That is if it bleeds pressure to the atmosphere. If it's a restrictor type valve, then it works fantastically.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Bleed valve type MBC's are archaic lamesauce. Do yourself a favor and use a restrictor type MBC or EBC, rather than creating a "leak" in your intake system to control boost. Yeah, they "work" technically but, there are much better ways to do it in this day and age.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:13 PM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JustinL
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...leed+dual+port

If it's a bleed valve then it won't work in dual port mode. That is if it bleeds pressure to the atmosphere. If it's a restrictor type valve, then it works fantastically.
I believe it does bleed to the atmosphere. Why wll this type not work again? I remember messing with this all about a year ago and I believe you were to? I hate when I am away form messing with the car for such long periods of time...

What is a typical example of a restrictor MBC?

IPSC
Old 04-19-2007, 11:54 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 187 Likes on 103 Posts

The reason is that the line that pushes the wastegate open needs to be able to build up pressure. When you tee the lines you introduce a controlled leak into both lines with the bleed valve. You need a difference in pressure between the top port and the bottom port for the wastegate to operate properly.

Because the bleed valve doesn't restrict flow at all, opening it lowers the pressure in the whole system not just the line you have it installed on.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:54 PM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

I have an ol reliaboost from my guru kit that never got installed, I wonder if I could somehow plumb that in...??? it is after all a check ball. maybe run it between the top port and T to the inline Pro? then again that could be playing with fire.

Hummmmmmmmmm the things that make ya go hummmmm

IPSC

Quick Reply: Bleeder valve MBC with a dual port waste gate?