Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

26/8 VS 26/6

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:12 PM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 26/8 VS 26/6

I have a 26/8 "Cheater with a Garret wheel and bearings?" Should I have it and the seals on my oil seperator replaced when I have the Clutch Slave & Master fixed?
Old 04-06-2007, 12:27 PM
87944turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Should I have it and the seals on my oil seperator replaced when I have the Clutch Slave & Master fixed?
I am a little confused by your question, but if you are pulling your turbo then you absolutely should replace your AOS seals. Good time to clean your grounds too since you'll have great access to them.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:34 PM
ivai
Burning Brakes

Personally.. I wouldn't bother with upgrading to a k26/8. At the very least I would consider upgrading to a k27 turbo.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:39 PM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

Thanks
Well I am in Germany and taking it to a Porsche Dealership. Yeaaaaaaaaaa....I know.....!

Well, my clutch pedal has convincied me that I should have not left the Motiv bleeder at www.father-sons.com w/Peter Senser!

OK that is over, I will have a shop do this I have a K26/8 rebuilt..."Cheater"..."Garret Wheel & Bearings"...here with me. The "Wrench will be in there." What ever ideas you give me I am putting part #s with and orders to do (Macht)!

So....!

Originally Posted by 87944turbo
I am a little confused by your question, but if you are pulling your turbo then you absolutely should replace your AOS seals. Good time to clean your grounds too since you'll have great access to them.
I have a TIAL 38mm and Greddy EBC prefec-B but I was not going to do that.

The deal is MON-FRI the wrench (@the Porsche Dealership) has my 951 and I have a "beater rental"! The Porsche Dealership can have any part in 24hours as PORSCHE INC is 80 KM away.

So Should I just go all the way with the **** I got or not?
Old 04-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

SchnellerUmsetzer, did I by chance sell you that cheater turbo awhile back? I was just curious as I remember selling to someone in Germany. I did a bit more checking after selling it, and apparently I believe the turbo has a Garrett Gt28RS compressor wheel installed, though I can't remember if the turbine was stock /8 or not. It was newly rebuilt and never used by me (if it's the turbo I sold) so it shouldn't need a rebuild if that's what your asking. According to my calculations, it should be able to push just over 300whp but, probably not too much more than that, especially with an otherwise stock car just running more boost.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:23 PM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

Originally Posted by Porschefile
SchnellerUmsetzer, did I by chance sell you that cheater turbo awhile back? I was just curious as I remember selling to someone in Germany. I did a bit more checking after selling it, and apparently I believe the turbo has a Garrett Gt28RS compressor wheel installed, though I can't remember if the turbine was stock /8 or not. It was newly rebuilt and never used by me (if it's the turbo I sold) so it shouldn't need a rebuild if that's what your asking. According to my calculations, it should be able to push just over 300whp but, probably not too much more than that, especially with an otherwise stock car just running more boost.
YES I bought it on Rennlist. I have been waiting for a reason to be in the are of the Turbo to switch it, so now is that reason!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:26 PM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

YES I bought it on Rennlist. I have been waiting for a reason to be in the are of the Turbo to switch it, so now is that reason!
"Gt28RS compressor wheel installed"
-Thats her-

"though I can't remember if the turbine was stock /8 or not"
According to clarks garage pictures and part numbers it is a #8 now if it has been blue printed....ect....! IDK
Old 04-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SchnellerUmsetzer
"Gt28RS compressor wheel installed"
-Thats her-

"though I can't remember if the turbine was stock /8 or not"
According to clarks garage pictures and part numbers it is a #8 now if it has been blue printed....ect....! IDK
Cool! Just fyi but, the turbo was built by these people: Majestic Turbo The previous owner is the one that had it built by them so I myself didn't do anything but resell it after deciding to go bigger. Just let me know if you have any questions or anything and I'll do my best to help out. Hehe, with turbo placement in these cars it seems like you have to look for an excuse to replace the turbo as it's kind of a pain!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Geneqco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand why you would think about not doing it?
Old 04-07-2007, 11:39 AM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

Cool! Just fyi but, the turbo was built by these people: Majestic Turbo The previous owner is the one that had it built by them so I myself didn't do anything but resell it after deciding to go bigger. Just let me know if you have any questions or anything and I'll do my best to help out. Hehe, with turbo placement in these cars it seems like you have to look for an excuse to replace the turbo as it's kind of a pain!
Well I have a wife that "Just ain't hearing that I need a new Turbo, but will bite off on a clutch pedal on the floor..........sooooooo...I might go tial 38mm+Greddy EBC Profec-B!
Thanks for the post. I want the the new turbo installed and NEW seals in the AOS!
Old 05-10-2007, 12:30 PM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

Done+++

Head machined ported & polished, valves 3 angle grind angle. With an Accuboost set at 1 BAR Authority II Stage II chips, 3 BAR FPR, Venturi delete + Lindsey vac kit, and K&N Cone it runs pretty!

Hehe, with turbo placement in these cars it seems like you have to look for an excuse to replace the turbo as it's kind of a pain!
YEA!

Quick Reply: 26/8 VS 26/6