MaxTune Demo

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 08:14 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MaxTune Demo

Hey everybody,

Since the Maxtronic is shipping and MaxTune is complete I thought it would be a good idea to give you a demo version to play with. It comes with stock 951 DME image, no-start map, and valet map. It can't be used to tune your car or load images to/from the Maxtronic, but it mimics these actions so that you can see how everything works. You can edit the stock maps and familiarize yourself with all of the tuning features. The help file that comes with it is the MaxBin help file only as I am still working on Help/Documentation for MaxTune.

From this I'm looking for feedback. Suggestions of features, bugs found, etc. Any feedback positive or negative is appreciated on ANY of my products. I listen when you speak, or type.

Here's the link:

http://www.maxhpkit.com/help/maxdemo.exe

Have fun!

Regards,
Russell
Old 03-12-2007, 10:57 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

A fellow in another forum just pointed out a couple of bugs in displaying Ign Values when you switch maps or tabs. This works fine in the real version, I must have grabbed some old code when I branched off the demo version, anyway, I just uploaded a new demo version.

The thing about the installer, you can install/re-install the program as many times as you want, or even un-install, and it won't screw up anything on your computer, not even your registry! Be nice if Bill Gates could say that about every program!

Regards,
Russell
Old 03-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi Russ - it looks nice...but the help files don't work in Vista...
not many help files do work in Vista!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:28 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by Chris White
Hi Russ - it looks nice...but the help files don't work in Vista...
not many help files do work in Vista!
Hey Chris,

Good info! Thanks. I also distribute an html version of the help in the \help directory. I was already conisdering going to a strictly html based help/manual, I think this info just made my mind up. I'll change MaxBin and MaxTune to both call the default browser to load the html help and ditch the windows help all together.

Thanks!

Regards,
Russell
Old 03-13-2007, 07:48 PM
hally
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Russell, adding the temp compensation map under auxillary maps would be handly for those building MAF bins.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:27 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by hally
Nice Russell, adding the temp compensation map under auxillary maps would be handly for those building MAF bins.
Hey Hally!

Actually the Pro version has several maps accessed in the auxiliary map screen, FQS, cold start fuel enrichment, temp correction, and AFM transfer function tables. I may add more as well.

Regards,
Russell
Old 03-17-2007, 05:32 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Bug...

Frank pointed out that if you are in a locale where your decimal character is a comma you must change it to a period in your regional settings for the interpreted byte displays to work right. I tried setting the program to read the windows settings and it did not change the behavior. I'll keep working on that so that it will work anywhere in the world without modification, but for now if you are in one of those locales, this is what you must do for a work-around.

On a side note, I had NO idea there was so much interest in this. I have only announced it in a few narrow forums and so far over 500 people have downloaded the demo! I'm working on documentation, and also re-writing part of the Standard version. I just feel like I have to implement some limits. So what I'm going to do is limit you based on the loaded image. You can go X amount in either direction in fuel/timing. To go further you'll have to close the program and re-open it, it will then use the new values as a baseline for the limits. The Pro version has no limits at all. Many people have emailed and messaged me about the program, I simply haven't had time to respond to all, but thank you all for your input and gratious words. It means a lot.

Regards,
Russell
Old 03-19-2007, 04:22 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

More bugs fixed and some documentation done, you guys are giving great feedback! This may be the final beta version...

http://www.maxhpkit.com/prod_maxtune.htm
Old 03-29-2007, 12:10 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

One more bump before I release this. I'm not getting anymore bug reports and over 800 people have downloaded the demo. As soon as I finish documentation. As always, there will be a RL promotion for 30 days. Retail for MaxTune Standard will be 199.00, RL promotion price will be 149.01. Hope to start next week.

Regards,
Russell

Quick Reply: MaxTune Demo