Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Niagara PCA Watkins Glen DE dates finalized!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 02:01 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Niagara PCA Watkins Glen DE dates finalized!

The Niagara Region PCA will be hosting TWO Driver's Education events at WGI in 2007:

May 28/29 (Registration opens March 5)

October 15/16 (Registration opens July 16)

Registration information will be online at www.niagarapca.com within 2-3 weeks. You're basically looking at $300 for 2 days of track time, classroom instruction, on-track instruction, garage party the first evening, and free t-shirt.

If you plan to attend, register as soon as registration opens, as space is limited. We sell out every event.

First-timers are especially welcome! You don't need track tires, and you don't need to make any modifications to your car. It is an experience you will never forget! Just be forewarned...it is addicting.

I would love to see more 951's out there, as well as Rennlister's. Feel free to PM me with questions, or post 'em here.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:06 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully....
Old 01-03-2007, 02:09 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i get my suspension done by then..
Old 01-03-2007, 02:15 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jim: Is this Mr. Chris White's region if I may ask? I am not sure. I sense it is for Mike (aka Mr. Carnage), but am not sure about Chris. Also, is this a big region that usually gets sold out right away? I know the NNJR Region is crammed with Porsche owners who go to The Glen and Lime Rock too. And oh, if my car isn't done, do you guys rent exotics Porsches for the day up there too, ha ha? Maybe I can get Special Tool and his car up there!

Old 01-03-2007, 02:20 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Rob I believe Chris is Central opposed to Jim, OriginalSterm and I who are Niagara. Speaking of which, I need to renew.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MPD47
Rob I believe Chris is Central opposed to Jim, OriginalSterm and I who are Niagara. Speaking of which, I need to renew.
Yep, I am in CNY region - and we are too small to have our own track events. The Niagria events are supposed to be pretty good, maybe I'll go to them this year....!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:30 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Chris White
Yep, I am in CNY region - and we are too small to have our own track events. The Niagria events are supposed to be pretty good, maybe I'll go to them this year....!
Oh ok, I dont the regions up there. And you are to small to have your own track events? Dude, what do you expect when you live in the sticks with nothing but hay and horses? The Glen is out there as it is, so where you live must be Nowheresville? J/K!

Old 01-03-2007, 02:49 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i'll see what i can do- i need to meet some of you lunatics...
Old 01-03-2007, 03:20 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Niagara Region is pretty small as well, only about 350 members combined between the Rochester and Buffalo areas. Our track contingent is fairly small as well, we might only get 15-20 people from our own region at our own DE events. Kinda sad really.

However, our events have always sold out. That's why I suggest registering as soon as registration opens. We get people from all over, from Florida to Canada. We get a great bunch of regulars every year, it's a fairly laid-back relaxed event. This year we have a whole new DE committee (yours truly included ), and we will be improving upon what has always been considered a great event. X 2 this year too, for the first time ever!

Just a note, the May event is Memorial Day Monday, and Tuesday. Since most people already have Monday off work, you only need to take one vacation day to attend.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:41 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

The May event will be a little harder to get into if you don't act fast due to the holiday, but the October event is nice being Monday/Tuesday as opposed to a weekend and with weather being unknown in Upstate that time of year. I've driven WGI with flakes in the air before. I'll be at one, if not both, of these events I think.

In addition to the Niagara Region, I am also a member of the Finger Lakes Region for some reason.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:02 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OriginalSterm
The May event will be a little harder to get into if you don't act fast due to the holiday
Very true. Anyone seriously interested in attending should have their registration form and payment postmarked and mailed on the registration opening day. Sometimes, if it isn't postmarked on the first day, you won't get in. So make a notation on your calendar for March 5 to get it in the mail.

Quick Reply: Niagara PCA Watkins Glen DE dates finalized!