944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Looking for Motons-JRZ-Penske

Old 12-30-2006, 02:11 PM
marksportcts
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you look at the downloadable PDF instructions, you can see pics of the rear coilover. It's a neatly mounted with lower shock body offset to clear the trailing arm. The spring rates seem to be set up to retain the torsion bars.

http://www.kw-suspension.com/en/30_P...pe=all&zeile=1

http://www.kw-gmbh.de/kw_upload/Einbau/eah68671010.pdf
Old 12-30-2006, 03:41 PM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 493 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by daigo
Hi Karl,
Yes it was KW North America. First it was the previous rep here in Canada, then the new one in the US when they took it over. So I did give it a fair try.
Certainly sounds like you did give them a fair shot and its a pity they couldn't help you. Perhaps the US operations are still in the teething stage.

I still feel comfortable using them for a street application because its a standard part, so the only real support I need are warranty/repair services and I'm sure they'll have that covered.

Karl.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:12 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by marksportcts
If you look at the downloadable PDF instructions, you can see pics of the rear coilover. It's a neatly mounted with lower shock body offset to clear the trailing arm. The spring rates seem to be set up to retain the torsion bars.

http://www.kw-suspension.com/en/30_P...pe=all&zeile=1

http://www.kw-gmbh.de/kw_upload/Einbau/eah68671010.pdf
That's correct. In standard form you do retain the t-bar. That was fine for me as in my class of racing I have to anyway. Having said that, I'm sure it would not be a problem for them to uprate the rear coils for someone who has deleted their t-bars.
Karl you won't be disappointed.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:34 PM
nick_968
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The KW's are a great product and probably the best upgrade for a street car. As for racing, thats different, the produt becomes much more bespoke and is all down to setup so I agree there.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:46 PM
whakiewes
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have driven on KW's many times before and they are great products. As with others, when I approached KW NA and associated vendors. they were of little help sorting out the suspensions. By the time I would have had 2-way adjustable KW's, I was already in what the 2812's were going to cost me and Koni seemed to have a much better customer service team. I have since gone with Brett at www.performanceshock.com out of California. Costs me more to ship it, but he has been more than helpful with my setup. I have spent probably 10hrs on the phone with him, and he does nothing but offer information. Even helped design my custom (bespoke) front dampers. He also sells Ohlins, Penske, and others. I would be happy if there was enough interest to try to put together a nice high end suspension GB.

Wes

Edit - I have also worked with Marcel at HPA Motorsports in Canada on many occasions. I would be glad to ask him about a KW V3 group buy, but he would probably do no less than 10 paid orders at the minimum. He was the NA representative, although I think it has changed now.

Last edited by whakiewes; 12-30-2006 at 05:48 PM. Reason: added information

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for Motons-JRZ-Penske