Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Remaining IceShark Inventory....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could you refresh my memory on the full kit details? you can pm me your paypal and I'll get it out.

This will be a good fit with my new DME/KLR harness when the 2.8L goes in.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brett- here you go- copied from my other thread- btw- sounds like a killer engine- who built it? Is it a 2.8L stroke or bore? I'm dying to get my car back- engine was rebuilt, but I stayed w/stock 2.5L, unfortunately. Oh well, it'll be nice w/the extra boost, WG, exhaust, head, etc... ALSO- what did you do for the new DME/KLR harness? Where did you get it? Any details would be appreciated...

Allright, here is a rundown of the FULL kit:

One 1awg positive main cable (battery to starter).
One 4awg fused (175amp) positive cable (battery to fuse box).
Both of the above are connected to a [+] "military spec" battery clamp terminal.
One 4awg fused (175 amp) supplemental positive cable (starter to alternator).
One 1awg battery ground kit (this is a 2-cable set, like the factory).
The above is also connected to a [-] "military spec" battery clamp terminal.
ALL 3 [+] cables are covered w/ExFlex fibreglass sheilding (good to ~1200'F).
They're pre-crimped w/Waytek lugs & finished w/adhesive-backed heat shrink.
Fuses are bolted in-place & bolted to clamp/terminals.
Supplemental [+] has wire to pull exciter & solenoid wires through the ExFlex.
Twenty ~9" cable ties.
Four ~7" chassis cable ties (smilar to factory that sell for a few bucks/ea).
One tube (or packet, depending on stock) of Dielectric Grease.
One small sanding sponge.
Two 1.25" cushioned cable clamps.
One 2" long Hex bolt w/nut & washer (for emergencies).
One red rubber + terminal cover/boot.
One ~3.5" long piece of slit plastic tubing.
Two sets of instructions. One is e-mail only. The other can be printed...

It's also a good idea to get the supplemental ground, as well. It came w/the headlight kits, originally. Dan's final price for this was $22. His price for the entire kit, including this ground, was $339 shipped. So my price of $330, is slightly lower- this assuming I have no probs getting everything into a standard USPS flat-rate box. I know >$330 seems like a lot, but then, after having gone through all of this & having bought several misc items to complete the kits (most notably, the $30 fuses), I now see how he added it all up, for the most part. Plus, Paypal zaps ~$10. Dan kept prices lower at first b/c he was getting the fuses for free. I remember him saying that his little "loop hole" was subject to end at any time- it finally did, not long before he died.

Here's a pic of the entire kit, so you guys can see it- I'm not sure who took these photos, but it was a Rennlister- thanks to whomever it was... BTW- the red rubber boot is not pictured b/c Dan did not include it at first.
Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2008, 11:46 AM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robby, do you have an estimate for how much time it would take to install the complete kit?
Old 03-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Paypal will be on the way sometime today. Paypal address?

I'm building the engine. So far: 88 block, Wossner rods, Mahle 2.8L pistons with chrome rings, 3.0L crank, ARP studs, LR pan kit, LR II head - Intake - TB flow work to be done by Custom Engineered Performance (not yet done), LSD S2 R&P tranny, coated main and rod bearings, KEP I PP with 930 disc. Turbo will either be a new one about to hit the market or LR Super 65 or 75. I'll sell my Kokeln V or save it as a spare for the track car.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

schnellfahrer- I'm sorry, I do not- I'm hoping someone else will chime in, who's already done it. My car's been down so long & I haven't installed mine yet. I'm assuming ~2-3hrs. BUT, I'm planning on hooking my headlight cables up at same time, so would increase that time. My mech had wired my headlight harness to the battery & I want it to the alt like it's supposed to be...

Bret- I'll PM you my addy since I don't want it in open-forum... :-) Sounds like an amazing engine, but when you say you have 2.8L pistons & 3.0L crank, do you mean you're going to have a total of 2.8L engine, or are you going to have a 3.1L? I'm assuming you mean 2.8L, since that's what you had printed, but just checking...
Old 03-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

2.8L stroker = 3.0L crank, stock length rods with 2.8 Mahle pistons that have the writst pin location moved up just a bit. You can do stock pistons but the rods have to be shorter.

A few years ago on ebay, a guy had a NEW harness for sale. I bid on it and won it, it even came in the PORSCHE box. A person has it now, on the east coast to see if a certain company can reproduce it. I'll have it back by June to start on my upgrade. Let me know the total in the pm.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:14 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ok, so $330 and that replaces all of the battery cables and ground cables? If so please pm me your address and I'll send the Paypal payment over. I'm getting ready to install my 3.0l turbo motor into the 968 with a new dme and klr harness, so now would be a perfect time to replace these cables as well.

Thanks.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kevin, did you get the NEW harness from Sunset or is just a harness in excellent condition that's new to you? I remeber we were discussing price, pm me on that if you will or post, up to you if it was the NEW one.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:20 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't have it yet, but on order from Sunset. Price was just over a grand I believe.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Kevin- Just got your PM & payment, etc- about to e-mail instructions...

Let me know what happens on the DME harness- that sounds cool. Your engine sounds like it'll be killer, also... I'm now wishing I did some sort of increased disp. Was serisouly considering the 2.7 MID, but I also like the longer stroke of the 3.0 crank. Actually, I'm serisouly considering going to the dark side for an LS2 conversion one of these days... Doesn't matter much now b/c I'm a lottery away from that sort of thing anyway...
Old 03-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kevin, it's a bit OT but how some pics of that avatar or did I miss a thread on that?
Old 03-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Kool
Part of the IN Crowd
Rennlist Member

What would the price be if I did not need the supplemental ground?
Old 03-26-2008, 05:58 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ski
Kevin, it's a bit OT but how some pics of that avatar or did I miss a thread on that?
You didn't miss anything. I just got back from Lindsey (great shop) on Saturday and Sunday was Easter, so I haven't had much time to take pictures or start a thread yet. I will soon. This project is taking off fast.

Sorry for the OT Robby.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:02 PM
slee11
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

To everyone looking to buy this ICESHARK kit from Robby. I order mine a week ago & had the package delivered today. The build quality is top notch & Robby was very accomodating. Good person to deal with. The kit may sound expensive but its worth worh every penny in my opinion. Just my two cents.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Cory9584
Drifting

whats the highest wattage bulb i can run with one of his headlight harnesses?

Quick Reply: Remaining IceShark Inventory....