Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Remaining IceShark Inventory....

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 06:07 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Any left? I'm about to replace my engine wiring harness and this might be a nice addition.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:03 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob- thanks man- I'm looking forward to seeing how yours look in the end- the 100% black will be pretty cool IMO.

PEvans- Got your PM- replied, etc- good to see you again! Hope all is well...

Michelle- yes I do. I was actually going to contact you, as I never forgot about your deposit w/Dan before he died, etc, & I'd like to do something for you on that, but did not want to seem pushy or anything. You're about to have PM... Hmmmm... That sounded funny... Better than PMS...? Hell I dunno- maybe I should leave the humor to the pros... I've GOT to stop posting when I'm ready to pass out from lack of sleep...

Old 09-18-2009, 01:56 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got my kit. Thanks Robby for doing this for everybody. Great work!

Old 09-18-2009, 03:29 PM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my full kit from Robby as well - fantastic work and priced very reasonably...great communication to boot. I love this forum!!!
Old 09-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I would go back and read but my computer doesn't like to load rennlist at the moment...do you still have any available or do you make the battery cable kits?
Old 09-20-2009, 05:46 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks a lot guys. Please let me know if you need any info on anything re these cables...

Rob- I talked w/Chris the other night & will be getting back w/him soon- we're together on everything- he can conctact me whenever/however, regarding any info, etc, on the cables (as can anyone, really) but I'll be keeping up w/him.

ModdedEverything951S- Yes, there are more. I'm sorry, but I missed the e-mail about this thread when Rob started this newest round of replies. But I can get whatever you want in the way of battery cables. I'm sending you a PM right now....
Old 10-11-2009, 11:22 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

What all is left? I need to grab a kit before they're gone.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:43 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey CarbonRevo-

Plenty of battery cables- maybe one headlight harness- long story- they're tougher- having trouble sourcing Hella relays (working w/Daniel Stern on that) & I won't do the soldering myself, so I have a friend for that- can't do another batch until relays are here- not sure when.

I crimp battery cables b/c I have experience there & invested in an almost fool-proof set of crimpers (as well as other tools) when I first starting doing this, so it became more of an issue of sourcing identical components to Dan & making them just like him. There have been several updates, but the parts are the same- the main diffs are that I use smaller diameter ExFlex on some cables, due to several customer requests, to allow for easier routing of the same large diameter welding cable. I've also added misc rubber covers that Dan did not (at the time) & am also putting ExFlex on the longer of the two-piece [-] cable set, since we've now seen cracks in the factory cable. I feel certain that Dan would have done much of what I have done, had he had a chance to continue making the cables & researching, etc.

I have the price down ~20% from his final price & I'm willing to deduct $ for any cable that someone would not want. I'm sending you a PM to you now....

thanks again everyone & for anyone who has any probs or questions on any of this, please get in touch- this is extended even to those who bought the cables directly from Dan- I'll be glad to help in way I can....
Old 10-12-2009, 10:45 AM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks for this Robby, the new ground cables have really improved the car overall.

I haven't even installed the adjustable voltage regulator yet

BTW: The skinny ~1' long ground cable - where does that go? Is that the supplemental that goes to the fuel rail?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

MM951- glad to here everything worked well. Sometimes it's the simplest of things that can make a car run so much better, as I just found out myself, when changing spark plug wires.... I was thinking about you the other day & was meaning to e-mail you.

The other cable you speak of, should be close to 2ft long, actually. It is the supplemental ground. The fuel rail ground was ~6" long / 1awg & was something I did, that never panned out- I'm going to retest soon. But that 2ft / 4awg standard supplemental ground, is an IceShark cable that came w/the headlight harness, originally, & was well received, so many people bought it separately &/or w/battery cables, etc.

Here are the directions on that, straight from Dan himself:

The supplemental ground is a single ~2 foot long #4 cable with a 5/16” eyelet terminal on one end & a ¼” eyelet terminal on the other. The 5/16” terminal can be connected to the engine block at the top bolt (of 3) holding down the upper balance shaft housing. This housing is inner O-ring sealed, so will provide an excellent ground & disturbing a gasket is not an issue. You can also bolt it to the engine lift point if you prefer. The ¼” eyelet end is run across the motor & then down to the left frame rail underneath the headlight bucket to the existing common lighting ground point. Several brown colored grounds already attach there.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. The AVR should help things a bit too, but then, you might want to wait on that until you're ready to get to the alternator...

Quick Reply: Remaining IceShark Inventory....