Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

RWHP Numbers for Vitesse Stage 2 at 15-18psi on 2.5L

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 03:02 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Rolex: I don't know what part of my post you found offensive but I apologize if you did. I don't know what level of knowledge you have regarding mechanical work. You first posted that the sheet was wrong because the curves didn't meet at 5250 and thus there was something wrong with the dyno operator. I felt it necessary to explain that the sheet is OK and that if the scaling was the same for both HP and TQ they would indeed cross as they should. I know you are a big Vitesse supporter and to me your post appeared as an attack on the dyno operator that I used just because the results were not what you thought they should be.

I had to assume one of three things: 1) that you understood how to read the graph but didn't take the time to read it 2) that you did know how to read the graph but wanted to throw criticism at my dyno guy to try and discredit the results or 3) you didn't know how to read the graph. I assumed that number 3 was correct as it was the most likely and the other two didn't fit with a person of your character.

I don't see anything wrong with defending my dyno operator but I do apologize if you think this was some kind of personal attack. Is it so hard to believe that there is nothing wrong with the dyno sheet and that maybe that there is nothing horribly wrong with the car? I'm sure that if we were sitting over a beer going over the sheets this misunderstanding wouldn't have happened.

Last edited by SoloRacer; 12-02-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Solo, what type of dyno did you run on?
If the charts are of similar shape but 10% in difference perhaps the change is altitude, or dyno type?
Old 12-02-2006, 03:19 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Zero: I was on the Dynojet over at Concept 1. I also thought that maybe altitude had something to do with it and mentioned that in a thread somewhere before. However, it is my understanding that you can compensate for altitude on the dynojet. Additionally, we dyno'd 10 other cars in the Porsche club and the majority of them came in with numbers close to where we thought they should be. Would altitude make as big a difference between turbo cars as it does N/A cars?
Old 12-02-2006, 03:19 PM
IanM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys.

SoloRacer - sorry for the confusion...after reading the link you posted (lots of good info), I decided I'm more interested in the Stage 2 than the Stage 3, so I modified the post.

VRStage2 - yes, I would very much like to see your charts. Are the ones posted on the VR website the only ones you have? So, the 342rwhp run was at 18psi, what boost was the 328rwhp run at? Those dyno runs look very nice, slightly better than the runs I pulled with my 57 trim wheel. I like the idea of the Stage 2 turbo, from your info I'd be looking at an improvement of about 17rwhp at 18psi. That's almost $120/hp for the upgrade. Hmmm...
Old 12-02-2006, 03:31 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Ian: I thought I was losing my mind for a minute as I swore you asked for Stage III results last night. Thanks for clearing that up. *LOL*

From what I understand the Stage II turbo is every bit as good - and perhaps a bit better - than the Stage III if you are going to stay below 18 psi. This is something I didn't consider when buying my Stage III and probably should have. I was looking for 400 rwhp on pump gas and when I read on the forums all the hype of the "power potential" of the Stage III I went out and purchased one. It was only after I dyno'd and did some research that I learned about the differences between Stage III and Stage II. A Stage II probably would be a better fit for me considering I haven't taken the boost above 15 psi and won't be running race fuel on a regular basis.

Knowing what I know now I still think I would have bought the Stage III but I would have saved myself the shock of not getting the results that I was expecting. The reason I would stay with the Stage III is that it gives me room to grow and when I decide to go with a big bore kit from Chris White the Stage III should provide me with what I was looking for originally. Or so I hope.

Last edited by SoloRacer; 12-02-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:28 PM
VRSTAGE2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IanM
Thanks guys.

SoloRacer - sorry for the confusion...after reading the link you posted (lots of good info), I decided I'm more interested in the Stage 2 than the Stage 3, so I modified the post.

VRStage2 - yes, I would very much like to see your charts. Are the ones posted on the VR website the only ones you have? So, the 342rwhp run was at 18psi, what boost was the 328rwhp run at? Those dyno runs look very nice, slightly better than the runs I pulled with my 57 trim wheel. I like the idea of the Stage 2 turbo, from your info I'd be looking at an improvement of about 17rwhp at 18psi. That's almost $120/hp for the upgrade. Hmmm...
The chart that John posted on the first page of this thread is the only dyno runs I have done. The 328 rwhp was at 16 psi and the car was running a little rich, I have been running at 18 psi with no problems. I think with a new intercooler and better tuning I'll be able to get a little more, what I really like is how hard the car pulls to redline. My previous 951 had 295 rwhp and I thought it was pretty quick and it's amazing how much quicker my current set up is!
Old 12-02-2006, 07:13 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

VRSTAGE2, was the dyno you sent me at 17 or 18psi. I was under the impression it was 17psi, please advise if I need to make a correction. Thanks.

IanM, as I emailed you directly, your turbo is not bad. Compare your dyno to what we offer, forget peak numbers, look at the area under the power curve. Performance numbers, power delivery, turbo recovery, reliability are things you need to base a turbo purchase on. At the 300rwhp level a 10-20 HP will be hard to feel.

If you do not plan on running more boost than 15-17psi I would keep what I have till you need to replace it... If you want to get more power by running higher boost, then things will be different..
Old 12-02-2006, 07:29 PM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VRSTAGE2
The chart that John posted on the first page of this thread is the only dyno runs I have done. The 328 rwhp was at 16 psi and the car was running a little rich, I have been running at 18 psi with no problems. I think with a new intercooler and better tuning I'll be able to get a little more, what I really like is how hard the car pulls to redline. My previous 951 had 295 rwhp and I thought it was pretty quick and it's amazing how much quicker my current set up is!

VRSTAGE2, what other mods than Stage II kit do you have ?
Old 12-02-2006, 07:57 PM
VRSTAGE2
Instructor

Originally Posted by blodstrupmoen
VRSTAGE2, what other mods than Stage II kit do you have ?
Car was built by JAB racing
Go fast goodies -

Full Vitesse Racing stage 2 with MAF, piggyback, wideband A/F
Dual Port Wastegate
SFR 3" cat-bypass pipe
SFR 3" catback exhaust
#72 fuel injectors
Cylinder head was sent to lindesey racing for a stage 1 head job
Black **** boost contoller

Other goodies

Turbo cup clutch and lightweight aluminum flywheel
Full Yellow adjustable Koni suspension, front and rear. New front springs and M030 sway bars, front and rear. Also has weltmeister strut tower brace.
Schnell SSK
New turbo water pump
New timing belt and every other belt and hose, water pump, all rollers. All new engine seals, front and rear.
drilled rotors, front and rear with new brake pads and wear sensors, braided brake lines
New CV joints and boots etc. etc.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:59 PM
VRSTAGE2
Instructor

Originally Posted by fast951
VRSTAGE2, was the dyno you sent me at 17 or 18psi. I was under the impression it was 17psi, please advise if I need to make a correction. Thanks.

IanM, as I emailed you directly, your turbo is not bad. Compare your dyno to what we offer, forget peak numbers, look at the area under the power curve. Performance numbers, power delivery, turbo recovery, reliability are things you need to base a turbo purchase on. At the 300rwhp level a 10-20 HP will be hard to feel.

If you do not plan on running more boost than 15-17psi I would keep what I have till you need to replace it... If you want to get more power by running higher boost, then things will be different..
John - according to the chart I have it was 18psi for the 2nd run. Chris(the previous owner) emailed you the chart.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:29 PM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Car was built by JAB racing
Go fast goodies -

Full Vitesse Racing stage 2 with MAF, piggyback, wideband A/F
Dual Port Wastegate
SFR 3" cat-bypass pipe
SFR 3" catback exhaust
#72 fuel injectors
Cylinder head was sent to lindesey racing for a stage 1 head job
Black **** boost contoller

Other goodies

Turbo cup clutch and lightweight aluminum flywheel
Full Yellow adjustable Koni suspension, front and rear. New front springs and M030 sway bars, front and rear. Also has weltmeister strut tower brace.
Schnell SSK
New turbo water pump
New timing belt and every other belt and hose, water pump, all rollers. All new engine seals, front and rear.
drilled rotors, front and rear with new brake pads and wear sensors, braided brake lines
New CV joints and boots etc. etc.

Thanks , seems we have almost similar engine setup.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:35 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

great thread- im eventually planning on a stage 2 vitesse kit and i was wondering what all i needed. I'll have a tial 38mm this winter, and prob getting a stainless no-cat exhaust system of some type. Cant wait!
Old 12-02-2006, 11:13 PM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Originally Posted by xsboost90
great thread- im eventually planning on a stage 2 vitesse kit and i was wondering what all i needed. I'll have a tial 38mm this winter, and prob getting a stainless no-cat exhaust system of some type. Cant wait!
totally OT but do you have bigger photo of your car ,
I have some cup 1 that I am considering painting black .
And I was wondering how black car with black rims would look like..
Old 12-02-2006, 11:16 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

well car is graphite w/ some spray can graphite wheels- im thinking of painting them body color or black soon though. Not sure if the black would be too dark on this car.
Attached Images  
Old 12-03-2006, 12:43 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

John - according to the chart I have it was 18psi for the 2nd run. Chris(the previous owner) emailed you the chart.
Would you email me the chart.

Quick Reply: RWHP Numbers for Vitesse Stage 2 at 15-18psi on 2.5L