Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

LR crossmember and crossover pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems rather amusing to me that theedge is attempting to tell me how to live my life when it seems that he doesn't know what to do with his own. I am not sure why you are so concerned with what I do or do not do. If you don't like something that I do than don't do it. Simple as that.

As far as Lindsey Racing is concerned, they make some very nice products and have been a source for a market that most of the world does little for. In the case of the crossmember I just don't see the advantage of it being three piece vs. one. It's not a time saver in my opinion and I will not install it on a race car or heavily tracked street car. That's MY PERSONAL FEELING.

I am not out to attack anyone and IMO I have not. Some may feel differently.

Just to keep the facts in order:

Originally Posted by LindseyR
It appears that Chris neglected to respond to the question that ‘ibkevin’ asked, “how did Lindsey respond to it.”
Did not "neglect" it, just don't know the facts involved in any resolution.

Let me fill in the blanks and then the community here can decide for itself whether the complaint Chris laid out here was presented fairly.

Yes Chris did contact Lindsey Racing, me personally. I instructed Chris to let me know once the crossmember was removed from the car.
Actually I never contacted LR about the issue. I only contacted my customer to let him know I found a problem with his car. I did not purchase it, therefore had no reason to handle any warrenty discussion.

To clarify another item from a post by Chris, there are 8 bolts in this assembly and they are 8mm, not the 6mm as mentioned.
My mistake. They were in fact 8mm.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok, can we close this now so that some respected members, new and old, enjoy information, friendship and continuation of the breed? TIA.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:21 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Prack
It seems rather amusing to me that theedge is attempting to tell me how to live my life when it seems that he doesn't know what to do with his own. I am not sure why you are so concerned with what I do or do not do. If you don't like something that I do than don't do it. Simple as that.

As far as Lindsey Racing is concerned, they make some very nice products and have been a source for a market that most of the world does little for. In the case of the crossmember I just don't see the advantage of it being three piece vs. one. It's not a time saver in my opinion and I will not install it on a race car or heavily tracked street car. That's MY PERSONAL FEELING.

I am not out to attack anyone and IMO I have not. Some may feel differently.

Just to keep the facts in order:

Did not "neglect" it, just don't know the facts involved in any resolution.

Actually I never contacted LR about the issue. I only contacted my customer to let him know I found a problem with his car. I did not purchase it, therefore had no reason to handle any warrenty discussion.

My mistake. They were in fact 8mm.
You can do as you wish, I dont care about that. What I have issue with is you suggesting an utterly stupid, unsafe, dangerous idea and trying to back it up with your experience. That is what really pisses me off.

Dont know what do to do with my life eh? Pretty pathetic, idiotic, and ignorant thing to say, seeing as you dont know a thing about me beyond my opinions in this thread or any thread. No one who knows me shares that opinion, so id suggest heading over to your local proctologist for some assistance in removing your head.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:25 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ski
ok, can we close this now so that some respected members, new and old, enjoy information, friendship and continuation of the breed? TIA.
Im done, but my opinions stand.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:39 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

... nice to know...

Take you're personal barbs to PM, damnit!

Why **** all over an excellent topic. NO that was not a question!

Hopefully, back to our regularly scheduled topic...
Old 11-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd still like Chris to explain how he thinks a 2x4 will be safe; but Brian, you should've been more tactful in your response to Chris.. personal attacks are not cool.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:07 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

^^^ Take it to PM DA!
Old 11-27-2006, 06:06 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ibkevin
^^^ Take it to PM DA!
You tell em pal!

Brian: I know you don't have a job yet, but do you know any good proctologists in Canada? A friend of mine is having some serious pain in his butt, and wants to go to Canada because the Doctors are cheaper, eh? Sorry, back to the program from Backaroo and that very nice piece designed Lindsey Racing!

Old 11-27-2006, 06:55 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Originally Posted by theedge
You can do as you wish, I dont care about that. What I have issue with is you suggesting an utterly stupid, unsafe, dangerous idea and trying to back it up with your experience. That is what really pisses me off.

Dont know what do to do with my life eh? Pretty pathetic, idiotic, and ignorant thing to say, seeing as you dont know a thing about me beyond my opinions in this thread or any thread. No one who knows me shares that opinion, so id suggest heading over to your local proctologist for some assistance in removing your head.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Exactly where is it your place to tell me what I am doing is stupid, unsafe and or dangerous?? Do you have anything to prove it to be true, other than your personal opinion?? I have supported engines in our cars and 928's well over 100 times without a single issue of any kind. Period. That is real. Just because you do not understand something don't label it without REAL reason. Your opinion alone doesn't cut it. Sorry.

As far as the second paragraph goes, go look into the mirror and read it to yourself. Than is exactly what you are doing to me without knowing ANYTHING about me. You come off sounding like an arrogant *****. If anyone needs their head removed from their *** it is defintetly you.

I am done with this. Welcome to my ignore list.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:20 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Now send Buckaroo an apology for trashing his thread so you could bicker in public!
Old 11-27-2006, 07:42 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now my question is does it work YES or NO?
Old 11-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Does what work? The crossmember? Is this a serious question or am I missing something? It fits the car if that is what you are asking.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:14 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Sorry Buckaroo, I tried.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:29 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist