Fun at Hallett

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:58 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Duke
The engine is just broken in. It is completely new for this season. It was a 3.0l before as well, but now it has MID-sleeves, JE-pistons, carillo rods, custom intake, custom IC, Garrett GTBB turbo, standalone engine management etc. The cassis is a full Leda setup with solid busings etc.. now add those variables to a factory cup car with roll cage, fast turbo cup steering etc. and you got a very fast car on the track!

Dyno is scheduled for the spring when the green car is finished.. no crazy fuel you can't get on a regular gas station. We're looking for good power with regular fuel for everyday use
Wow, sounds awesome pal. Keep us posted, I am very interested

Old 10-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Craig, no problem on the TPS. Anyone can use any of our spares to trouble shoot or borrow, Jim and I both know that we may need something next - in fact, the 911 next to us loaned us his jack and jack stands to work on the fuel pump. Jim took his out because I was taking the car and I forgot to put mine in the Suburban! Good to see you again, let us know what you find out on the ignition and the miss.

Jim's (jwl) dad came with him, Leon and he's 82. He had a great time, looking at all the cars, watching them run, it was great to have him there! After lunch, the sun would set enough so that he could pull out his lawn chair, read a book and take a nap with the nice breeze we had up there.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
How was the weather? Isn't it usually very windy there? And I know you run Big Blacks on the car now, right? What pads did you have on, Pagid Black or Orange? Feel any fade at all, since I know you were pushing the envelope trying to set the fastest lap Shuey!
Yes, we run big blacks on the front, Pagid Black pads, with the 3.6 rotors - Cyro treated. No fade or shudder all weekend.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bret...Your back paws look sharp, what size are they?

Last edited by Bri Bro; 10-16-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

275/40/17 Toyo RA 1 on the rear, 10 x 17 Kinesis K27, F gets 255/45/17 on 8.5 x 17 Kinesis K27's. This was the first good test for the Toyo's. Jim had the car out at the Naval Air Station in Corpus and put them through a couple of short runs. The cool temps Friday morning had Jim feeling a bit greasy until the tires and the track got some heat in them but after it warmed up and the sun came out good, they felt as good, if not better, than the Victoracers....what do you think Jim, if you're reading this? I ran the car in second group, so it didn't take long to warm them up.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

The setup really looks nice. Thanks for the info on the Toyo, I just took off a set of Victoracers and went to Hoosiers, need to take a good look at the Toyo's next time.

That is a big set of tires, front and back. Did you have to roll the wells? I bet the car stuck well after you got some heat into the tires.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Skip Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great. Its getting me pumped up for the weekend - headed to Mid-Ohio myself this weekend for the final event of the season. Hope the weather holds out - although I need a nice long winter to get my **** in gear on the racecar to get it done and ready to go by spring.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:31 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

I was at Hallett too, but my weekend sucked. (Car 197 white TurboS Estock). Everything was great untill Saturday morning. Lost #1 cylinder, perservered for the weekend on 3 cylinders. Ended up spinning and going into the wall on turn 10 on the first lap of the first sprint race Sunday. Sent home with a 13. Great end to a great weekend. Last year I got punted off at turn 1 by a Speed channel series car practicing for Laguna Seca. I am beginning to think Hallett is not the track for me.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good luck Skip, weekend and winter.

Brian, the rear is close but no rub - no marks on the tires. The car is set up pretty stiff - M030 units revalved to full race B3 setup from True Choice(can't remember the B3 but at the time, seemed right) with 750# springs up front, rear got Koni 3012's with 650# springs. Shocks are all at the medium setting, rear sway bar is set on medium as well. We just put on new control arms with RE spherical bearings and new SSI ball jts. Jim had the RE castor blocks but just didn't have time to get them on and check the alignment before hitting the road from Corpus the other day.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:42 PM
jwl
Rennlist Member

Brian,

Yes, we had to roll the lips on the rear and could probably do some more work in that area. I don't have the numbers in front of me but do remember wanting to lower the rear by about 5mm at the time we set it up. Over the next couple of months we want to corner balacne and it may be something we'll look at.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys, sounds like a nice setup.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:48 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Car looks great and sweet tow rig !
Old 10-17-2006, 12:18 AM
jwl
Rennlist Member

Yeah David, the tow rig is sweet alright! My dad bought it two year ago, it's a Foretravel with a Cummins turbo charged ILS 400 with Allison 6 speed. This baby puts down 400 HP and a whopping 1250 TQ at 2100 RPM. It's like driving your living room

Quick Reply: Fun at Hallett