Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

catch can

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 01:49 PM
wolfenstein
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3 litre's holy #@%$ part of the dreaded 928 oiling system? i use a greddy i don't know what they cost bought mine used from a guy who had a srt4. ST I think is using a husky seperator ala home cheapo i think? do a search on it
Old 10-01-2006, 01:56 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dougoh: So you went and ordered the LR one? Kool. Nice product. I am sure you are aware of this, but it doesn't matter since you're car is a track car. But the LR can, as you can see, has a open top (not enclosed) to their catch can. Now for someone who is tracking a car, you don't car about smell and some light smoke coming from under the hood. But for people like me with a street car, I couldn't stand it!! If I drove my car hard for a bit and stopped at a traffic lightt, I could see light fumes coming out from the hood from my "Porsche" Hello, not a $5K junker, so that bugged me! More so, the fumes went into the car itself and stunk like crap. I couldn't handle it. So after doing research, I did exactly what David Floyd did (you're the man dude) with his set up and used the Jegs cap on top of the LR can. David's picture shows it best. But take a my photos too, if you like, show how Special Tool (who did it for me on my old car) routed the hoses. He did a great job, the Jegs piece worked great, and since I'm obsessed with "bling" the cap was a nice finishing touch to the LR polished can. So all of my problems were solved, and with my new car, I will do the same exact set-up with my new car too! I may even use braided lines instead of the black hose to add to the bling affect for my engine bay.

Landjet: It is a Jegs part. David has the number. Yes it will fit on top of the LR can. It doesn't screw in, it has a fat rubber gromet that you have to twist in. I "never" had a problem with it moving or coming off too, it was that tight, so don't worry about that at all. Intially I was. You "may" have the shave a bit, like less than 1/4 off of the neck that extends into the catch can so when you close the hood it doesn't hit the underneath.

David: Thanks for all the help and idea pal, it was awesome!

EDIT: Link to the part, as per David.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...tegoryId=15607
Old 10-01-2006, 02:26 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Kinda of confused what is the AOS?? I know dumb questoin. I think i might be wrong to what is.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:33 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by reno808
Kinda of confused what is the AOS?? I know dumb questoin. I think i might be wrong to what is.
AOS - Air Oil Seperator
Old 10-01-2006, 03:23 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
If I drove my car hard for a bit and stopped at a traffic lightt, I could see light fumes coming out from the hood from my "Porsche" Hello, not a $5K junker, so that bugged me! More so, the fumes went into the car itself and stunk like crap. I couldn't handle it.
Light fumes?? Don't you mean light flames?
Old 10-01-2006, 03:35 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

ted wright!:?WgaS?ASg@!??!?!??!?!
Old 10-01-2006, 03:54 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by tedwright
Light fumes?? Don't you mean light flames?
Don't bring up anything "negative" please regarding the past. That's like people bringing up Turby. Please just let it go, ok?

Ian: It's over and done with, let it go pal.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:04 PM
dougoh
Burning Brakes

Rob,

good info thanks man...i might take this into consideration and do the same ...if the fumes get to me while driving .

Dougoh: So you went and ordered the LR one? Kool. Nice product. I am sure you are aware of this, but it doesn't matter since you're car is a track car. But the LR can, as you can see, has a open top (not enclosed) to their catch can. Now for someone who is tracking a car, you don't car about smell and some light smoke coming from under the hood. But for people like me with a street car, I couldn't stand it!! If I drove my car hard for a bit and stopped at a traffic lightt, I could see light fumes coming out from the hood from my "Porsche" Hello, not a $5K junker, so that bugged me! More so, the fumes went into the car itself and stunk like crap. I couldn't handle it. So after doing research, I did exactly what David Floyd did (you're the man dude) with his set up and used the Jegs cap on top of the LR can. David's picture shows it best. But take a my photos too, if you like, show how Special Tool (who did it for me on my old car) routed the hoses. He did a great job, the Jegs piece worked great, and since I'm obsessed with "bling" the cap was a nice finishing touch to the LR polished can. So all of my problems were solved, and with my new car, I will do the same exact set-up with my new car too! I may even use braided lines instead of the black hose to add to the bling affect for my engine bay.

Landjet: It is a Jegs part. David has the number. Yes it will fit on top of the LR can. It doesn't screw in, it has a fat rubber gromet that you have to twist in. I "never" had a problem with it moving or coming off too, it was that tight, so don't worry about that at all. Intially I was. You "may" have the shave a bit, like less than 1/4 off of the neck that extends into the catch can so when you close the hood it doesn't hit the underneath.

David: Thanks for all the help and idea pal, it was awesome!

EDIT: Link to the part, as per David.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...tegoryId=15607
Old 10-01-2006, 05:28 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

dougoh: It is up to you. Thats why I prefaced it. Lindsey told me, dont re-route it back in the system, it will affect octane rating, blah, blah, blah. And I know and realize all that they are saying, but for me, being on how I plan to use the car, I dont want to "ever" deal with the smell in the car let alone see light fumes come from under the hood??! What am I driving a crap box? LOL. But for you pal, as a "dedicated" track car, I wouldn't think that you'd care. But you wait and see what you think. But should you decided you cant handle it, as both David and I couldnt, now you have a detailed option on what to do.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Don't bring up anything "negative" please regarding the past. That's like people bringing up Turby. Please just let it go, ok?

Ian: It's over and done with, let it go pal.

I didn't say any thing
Old 10-01-2006, 06:32 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TurboX

I didn't say any thing
Don't worry pal, miscommunication on here. All is good.

Old 10-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

k
Old 10-02-2006, 02:33 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

dougoh: After you install the LR kit as is and drive it, let me know. I assume your car is street legal too? If so, take it out, get on it hard for a bit (no street racing) but on the highways. Get off the ramp and stop at a light. Tell me what you see coming from out under the hood and smell, if anything? Do it a few times. I am curious to know what you find pal. I told you before but will say it again too, the vents do make the car look sharp, good job.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:38 PM
dougoh
Burning Brakes

thanks rob ....i will let you know and welllllll as far as street legal...lets just say i know someone who gets me inspection stickers
Old 10-02-2006, 07:40 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by dougoh
thanks rob ....i will let you know and welllllll as far as street legal...lets just say i know someone who gets me inspection stickers

Quick Reply: catch can