Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Group Buy 4 Dynatech-Strut Bars & Camber Plates-Get 'em while you can

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 02:56 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh yeah, I've recieved mine. It looks great! If only my engine bay wasn't so dirty... I'll take some pics of it installed when I take the car apart for some other work in a week or so.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:31 PM
aribop
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
No I don't but you can see the intercooler piping on the exhaust side of the engine which takes you to where the turbo sits. To get a picture of the turbo system I would have to get the car up in the air. The turbo is mounted low on the passenger side and sort of hangs off the headers. The wastgate is a large 930 model and tucks up under the drivers side. The exhaust is all custom stainless and uses some pretty nice v-band clamps. There is an oil resevoir and weaver pump that pumps the oil back to the oil pan after it goes through the turbo. This is done because the turbo oil drain sits lower than the oil pan.
Sounds like a trick set-up. Would love to see pics of the underside if you ever get the chance.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

This was on Nov 18th

Originally Posted by dynatech

Ed: The spring perches are now re-stamped. I've got to get them cleaned up and re-painted, which I'm hoping to do tomorrow.

I got mine and eveything looks in order Thanks Ed

thingo: waiting for bar bending and bracket polishing. Will ship sometime next week.

Sean
He still hasn't got anything.......
Any word Guys ( Sean or Scott )
I feel like we left the poor guy, hung out to dry .....
Regards
Ed
Old 12-15-2006, 05:21 AM
dynatech
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eddie,

Sorry I've been out of pocket, it's been a real ordeal the last few weeks. First, my water heater crapped out and I lost hot water. As soon as I got that taken care of, my hard drive crashed. Got a new drive installed and I'm trying to get everything re-loaded.

I haven't been able to get onto the DHL website for the Australia orders. I should have that sorted out in a day or two.

One of the things I lost in the hard drive crash was the updated copy of the order status, so it will take me a little time to re-check the camberplate waiting list. If I'm not mistaken, Eddie you are the first substitute for a 968 STB, but let me double check this.

I should have everything back on track in a day or two.

Thanks,
Sean
Dynatech
Old 12-15-2006, 05:33 AM
dynatech
Instructor

Here's the camberplate order list:
We've got 3 pairs of camberplates in stock right now, and 3 more at the machine shop, based on what my machinist says, that I still have to pick up (and anodize and electroplate).

Soloracer: You're up first. However, as this is going on a 968, you will need the button head capscrews on top for hood clearance. The current batch of camberplates in stock use a standard socket head capscrew with a taller head and a longer thread. Best thing for you would be to get a pair out of the last batch. Can you wait a few more weeks? The button head capscrews look really nice. It's a torx drive button head and we will include a torx bit.

facboy: Are you still around? I still own you a DHL price. I should be able to get logged on in a day or two. You're up second.

blodstrupmoen: Got a set here for you. I haven't checked my PM's and it's really, really late here. Have you sent the spring info?

Rob Fair: You are first up on the last batch or alternate to soloracer for the 3 sets in stock.

MitchB: Got both of you down for the last batch.
Eddie: That should leave one pair from the last batch unless someone drops out.

See ya,
Sean
Old 12-15-2006, 07:51 AM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

blodstrupmoen: Got a set here for you. I haven't checked my PM's and it's really, really late here. Have you sent the spring info?

See ya,
Sean

Yes sir,
I have koni shocks and hypercoil 2,5" springs .
Old 12-15-2006, 07:52 AM
thingo
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It would be nice to know the status of my order, it has been over two months since I sent you the money.Lot of carriers other than DHL.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:55 AM
facboy
Burning Brakes

still here sean. let me know.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:42 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's the camberplate order list:
We've got 3 pairs of camberplates in stock right now, and 3 more at the machine shop, based on what my machinist says, that I still have to pick up (and anodize and electroplate).

Soloracer: You're up first. However, as this is going on a 968, you will need the button head capscrews on top for hood clearance. The current batch of camberplates in stock use a standard socket head capscrew with a taller head and a longer thread. Best thing for you would be to get a pair out of the last batch. Can you wait a few more weeks? The button head capscrews look really nice. It's a torx drive button head and we will include a torx bit.

See ya,
Sean
Sean,

I'm in no hurry. Put me down for a set from the last batch. I've got some fitment things to resolve with the 968 Bar first anyway. I think I have to change to a lower profile motor mount. The bar is resting on the top of the vanity cover currently. However, I think when they did the turbo conversion they may have lifted the engine some since the vanity cover was rubbing on the hood for some time.

Erik
Old 12-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Eddie,

Sorry I've been out of pocket, it's been a real ordeal the last few weeks. First, my water heater crapped out and I lost hot water. As soon as I got that taken care of, my hard drive crashed. Got a new drive installed and I'm trying to get everything re-loaded.

I haven't been able to get onto the DHL website for the Australia orders. I should have that sorted out in a day or two.

One of the things I lost in the hard drive crash was the updated copy of the order status, so it will take me a little time to re-check the camberplate waiting list. If I'm not mistaken, Eddie you are the first substitute for a 968 STB, but let me double check this.

I should have everything back on track in a day or two.

Thanks,
Sean
Dynatech
Hi Sean
Yea... I would like the 968 SB
Please do whatever you can to get Rod ( Dingo ) his stuff
He really has been more than patience ...
Please

Let me know when you want the money for the 968 brace
Regards
Ed
Old 12-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Vaino
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Sean, Any possibility for another Camberplate Set for 968 could be added to the order? I'm late to the party, and just added a 968 to the stable.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Sean
Any word on the 968 SB ?
regards
Ed
Old 12-22-2006, 03:14 PM
sandwood
Instructor

just want to drop my name again for the waitlist for camber plates, should others drop out or more become available. tks.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:52 PM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Not a word yet ... Still waiting
Old 01-04-2007, 11:35 PM
dynatech
Instructor

Erik (SoloRacer):

Just catching up on the thread. Sorry I was busy with the holidays. I'm sure that we can resolve the clearance problem with the 968 strut brace. The first option is to add some additional bend to the bar. If there is sufficient clearnance between the hood and the bar, then this is the route to go, which we will do at no charge. If your car has abnormally tight clearance for some reason, we can mill a relief slot on the underside of the bar over the fuel rail cover to give additional clearance. You will need to check the hood clearance, per the installation instructions. If you do not have the 968 instructions, then PM me with your e-mail address and I will send them to you.

We will get this problem fixed for you one way or another.

Sean
Dynatech Motorsports

Quick Reply: Group Buy 4 Dynatech-Strut Bars & Camber Plates-Get 'em while you can