Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Group Buy 4 Dynatech-Strut Bars & Camber Plates-Get 'em while you can

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 02:25 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Brian,

The exchange that I am talking about is when Paypal converts from CAN$ to US$ and then back to CAN$ again. Say I pay $800 US for something. Paypal converts that to $ 930 CAN and deducts it from my account. Now say the vendor refunds my $800 US. Paypal will convert that to only $880 CAN and I end up losing money just because of the damn difference between what they buy and sell money for. The same is true for any bank.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:43 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
Brian,

The exchange that I am talking about is when Paypal converts from CAN$ to US$ and then back to CAN$ again. Say I pay $800 US for something. Paypal converts that to $ 930 CAN and deducts it from my account. Now say the vendor refunds my $800 US. Paypal will convert that to only $880 CAN and I end up losing money just because of the damn difference between what they buy and sell money for. The same is true for any bank.
Paypal is especially scamish though. They take a long time to even change their exchange rates.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:00 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Sean,

Put me down for one of those camber plates as well. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:42 PM
dynatech
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest update

aribop: your bar shipped on Thursday. I think you will like it. Polished to perfection.

soloracer: your 944/951 strut bar also shipped on Thursday. Very nice bar, one from our original batch. This bar was installed on my S2 for a while for some photographs. Now polished up better than ever. You will have to send us some pix.

Ed: The spring perches are now re-stamped. I've got to get them cleaned up and re-painted, which I'm hoping to do tomorrow.

thingo: waiting for bar bending and bracket polishing. Will ship sometime next week.
beorge: waiting for bar bending and bracket polishing. Will ship sometime next week.

Bill: the bracket mixup is sorted out now and both brackets are in transit to us. We will bend the bar, and we should be able to ship next week.

Brian: You were one of the original group buy list, but we have not received payment from you. We have a set of camberplates reserved for you. However, by not having paid by time of shipment, you have jeapordized your position on the list for the strut brace in favor of the first sub who paid a long time ago. Sorry. There's a chance that you might be able to get a strut brace next year as noted elsewhere, but no promises at this time. If you want the camberplates, please send $520 via paypal to 968@earthlink.net

Ski: If you turn up in the next day or two, you got dibs on a set of camberplates.

facboy: As a 2nd gen 944, your 951 should have small diameter springs if it is the same as the U.S. model. The M030s are a tapered configuration with a big OD top and a smaller bottom sitting on an adjustable threaded lower perch. And it would also have big red brake calipers if this were so. We should try to verify this, though, with a pic or a measurement (OD of coil). Also, please send a shipping address and zip code via a pm as is required to get shipping rates.

blodstrupmoen: I've got you down on the list for camberplates. This will be from the batch next month. What is your make and model?

Soloracer: got you down on camberplates for the batch next month.

Sean
Old 11-18-2006, 11:49 PM
dynatech
Instructor

soloracer: I was able to refund the full amount on Paypal for the 968 strut brace with no charges. Will keep you listed as the first substitute.

Sean
Dynatech Motorsports
Old 11-19-2006, 12:31 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Sean,

Thanks. But since I am also getting camber plates I wish you would have kept it. As I mentioned earlier I think that I am going to get nailed for exchange rate differences.

Edit: Yup, just checked and I was deducted $409 CAD when I paid and all I get back is $391 CAD. I hate losing money for no good reason.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:18 PM
facboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dynatech
facboy: As a 2nd gen 944, your 951 should have small diameter springs if it is the same as the U.S. model. The M030s are a tapered configuration with a big OD top and a smaller bottom sitting on an adjustable threaded lower perch. And it would also have big red brake calipers if this were so. We should try to verify this, though, with a pic or a measurement (OD of coil). Also, please send a shipping address and zip code via a pm as is required to get shipping rates.
hmm...that could be difficult. my car is at home in australia, but i'm currently in europe for at least another month. the car doesn't have big reds - it has the standard turbo s brakes which are the same as the 928GTS's i believe - bigger than normal turbo, but not as big as big reds.

is the concern that the car may have the standard suspension rather than m030? i'm 99% sure it's m030...if you hadn't questioned it it'd be 100% lol. i'll send a pm with address etc.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:51 PM
aribop
Race Car

Originally Posted by dynatech
aribop: your bar shipped on Thursday. I think you will like it. Polished to perfection.Sean
Thanks for the awesome communication lately!
Old 11-20-2006, 02:45 AM
paralleltangent
Instructor

Well, I'm not going to be the first to post a picture... I got the correct driver-side bracket last week (thanks Dynatech), but Thursday night I decided to install the Ice Shark battery cable kit I've had sitting on a shelf for over a year, and replace all the vac lines while in there. Well, while I was fussing around at the back of the motor Friday night (intake off) getting the ground wire installed, I managed to break a port off of my cycling valve, and one of the crank sensor connectors fell apart in my hand (damn brittle old plastic). So... since I'd rather go the Vitesse chip/boost controller/3-bar FPR route rather than replace the stock cycling valve I'm going to begin the project to do that, adding a boost gauge in the process. On top of all that, my timing and balance belts are about due, so I guess I'm doing that too along with a water pump for good measure.

I should have waited to start this at least long enough to take a pic of the bar on the car. I'll just have to wait until one of you guys post a shot... and look forward to finishing this stuff up.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:50 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Hey Sean - I know you said I was getting the last one to get made, but just wondering if its even been made yet? Not that I don't mind waiting, just curious.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Got my bars today Installed one on my car at lunch!! Here are the pics - very nice piece of equipment. Thanks!!

Old 11-20-2006, 05:59 PM
aribop
Race Car

That looks awesome!!! Can't wait to get mine.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:41 AM
facboy
Burning Brakes

any updates sean?
Old 11-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here are some pics of the special red strut tower brace

Old 11-26-2006, 01:44 AM
georgeleroy
Advanced

Tower brace received and ready to install along with other suspension upgrades. Very nice workmanship, well worth the wait for me. Thanks, Ed and Dynatech.

Quick Reply: Group Buy 4 Dynatech-Strut Bars & Camber Plates-Get 'em while you can