Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Blitz SBC ID-Color Install *Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 05:10 AM
xtaC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blitz SBC ID-Color Install *Pics*

Hey all, I just finished installing a Blitz SBC ID-Color on my 944 and thought you all might want to have a look. I posted this thread on anther forum and got lazy and copy/pasted it .... I hope everything makes sense .....

Update: Blitz SBC ID-Colour Install

Installed the boost controller into the 944 the other day.

The controller basically comes in 3 pieces: the Solenoid Box, The Computer, and the Display/Control Unit.

Pics:

I mounted the solenoid box where the battery normally is.

Solenoid Box Mounted:

(Black box with blue lines)

I had to make a slot for the vacuum lines for the solendoid box, as well as the lines for the FPR to go through.

Hose hole:

I basically hit the firewall with a big drill bit in a couple of places, and then cleaned it up with a Die Grinder. Then I cut a strip of vacuum hose down the middle, and ran it around the slot. It doesn't look real pretty in this pic, but it looks pretty factory in the flesh.

I mounted the actual computer for the unit up under the dash (no pics, not real interesting anyways)

A friend of mine mounted the control unit for me. We decided to mount it where the factory ash tray was. I figured it wouldnt be a problem .... if anyone lights up in my Porsche, they'll be enjoying their smoke walking.

Installation process:

This is the plastic cover that slides over the metal ash tray itself. The space is where the original sliding lid was. Pete (the bloke making it) hit the corners with a step drill and removed the bulk of the plastic in the middle with a hacksaw blade.

We then found some plastic that would be suitable to make a surround for the controller out of. In this case it happened to be the glovebox out of a Falcon I have laying around.

Pete traced the outline of the handcontroller onto the plastic and cut, filed and handfinished it to suit.

Pre-assembly of pieces:

Mounted:

A bunch of in car shots:

Old 08-21-2006, 08:03 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweet install!

Rogue
Old 08-21-2006, 09:22 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

nice and clean
Old 08-21-2006, 09:43 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,236 Likes on 606 Posts

Great mod and pics!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:45 AM
azmi951
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can just see mine in this picture. I have the optional harness and monitor Air to fuel (it is good to see it in a graph), Throttle position and Air flow meter voltage.

The Wide band is a Tech Edge and the other two gauges are exhaust gas temp and oil temp.

The second picture is of the 200,001 mile mark that I hit last week.
Attached Images   
Old 08-21-2006, 10:44 PM
xtaC
Racer

Thanks for the compliments guys
Old 08-21-2006, 11:03 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Nice job Xtac. The Blitz I Color ebc is, IMO, the coolest boost controller on the market. All of the features and things you can monitor with separate sensors make it a very useful tool and actually somewhat of a datalogger (A/F's, temp sensor, etc). It's just too bad these ebc's are normally $600-800 not including the sensors!
Old 08-22-2006, 01:45 AM
xtaC
Racer

Originally Posted by Porschefile
Nice job Xtac. The Blitz I Color ebc is, IMO, the coolest boost controller on the market. All of the features and things you can monitor with separate sensors make it a very useful tool and actually somewhat of a datalogger (A/F's, temp sensor, etc). It's just too bad these ebc's are normally $600-800 not including the sensors!

Your not wrong about the features!!
I wont be utilizing most of them to begin with, but will look into it in the future !!
Old 08-22-2006, 01:50 AM
SoCal924
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SUPER stoked to see that P-cars guys are finally NOT afraid of jap/import tech....

Way back in 2000 I had an HKS EVC-4 on my 924 Turbo before most people in the PCar world even heard of them, I had a TINY turbo timer too (some off brand jap import)

Good to see you guys have come into the 21st century, away from ball valve controllers... Altho I have a $30 BV control on my Talon and it works great

J
Old 08-22-2006, 02:07 AM
azmi951
Drifting

The Blitz stuff is really nice and has worked for me flawlessly for the last 50k miles. It also installs nicely due to a divorced display on most items.

Quick Reply: Blitz SBC ID-Color Install *Pics*