Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps...
Old 08-15-2006, 06:31 PM
nize
Banned

Originally Posted by LFA951
Of course it can and is used against you!! You think the judge is going to give you a slap on the wrist if you have a 4 page driving record with over 35 tickets since you've been licensed?!!?!?!?! Wake up man!! The judge only gives breaks to those who have a couple a year or not so frequently, not to habitual offenders!!
i know for a fact that is not true. they can't bring up cases that have been dismissed. think about this, what if you were ticketed every time even though you were not doing anything wrong, because the cop had something against you or your car, which was later proven in court and the case dismissed.

they can not legally hold cases that have been dismissed against you. it's idiotic to think they can.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:17 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in the market for a radar detector, after my last speeding ticket, I am looking to buy one, does anyone have any suggestions?
I'm afraid I don't remember the name of the detector I had, sorry. It had a remote sensor unit that was meant to be mounted under the hood, or behind a grill. I found that because our cars sit so low, it seemed to have a hard time with ground clearance and distance. So, I mounted my sensor on the underside of the third brake light on the back hatch. That way it had full view of front and rear from a higher point. I noticed the sensitivity of it changed for the better. My unit had a small head unit that I mounted directly under the steering column, worked out nicely. I wish I could remember the brand, it was a very nice unit.
But if you get a remote unit like this, consider this mounting location for the sensor.

Regards,
Russell
Old 08-16-2006, 04:50 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Originally Posted by nize
i know for a fact that is not true. they can't bring up cases that have been dismissed. think about this, what if you were ticketed every time even though you were not doing anything wrong, because the cop had something against you or your car, which was later proven in court and the case dismissed.

they can not legally hold cases that have been dismissed against you. it's idiotic to think they can.
For the last time, what matters is that you got the ticket, that you commited the infraction, the moving violation as they call it down here. If it was dismissd it just means you got lucky, it doesn't mean that it never happened. Much like OJ having his case dismissed, does it mean he's innocent?! Of course not, by no means, it just means he just got lucky, but he's still a muderer...a true testament that the justice system here does not work...or like the convicted sexual offenders, they may never do it again, but they are labeled for life, like a scar that's permanent and never goes away...
Old 08-16-2006, 05:05 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

I don't think I've read such a poorly expounded pile of festering bollocks in a long time.
Much like OJ having his case dismissed, does it mean he's innocent?! Of course not,.
In legal terms, yes, that's precicely what it means. He was found innocent by a jury of his peers, and his alleged guilt can NEVER again be weighed in a court of law in the united states. -Not even for the civil trial. Don't confuse "trial by media" with trial by jury.
or like the convicted sexual offenders, they may never do it again, but they are labeled for life, like a scar that's permanent and never goes away...
Em... no. -Not "like convicted sex offenders" at all. Convicted sex offenders are convicted. OJ was not. That's why they're not the same in the eyes of the law.

No matter what you or I believe about OJ's guilt (and I suspect we both believe that he did it really!) his acquittal in court means (as I understand it) that the results of the trial CANNOT be subsequently brought to bear when considering punishment for any subsequent related crime. It is a fundamental tenet of double-jeopardy.

I might be a little off on the wording here, but I believe that you're a LONG way off in your understanding.

Keith
Old 08-16-2006, 05:53 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are absolutely correct. It is called "double jeopardy" and is prohibited by the Constitution. A dismissed ticket is precisely that. It never happened either in the eyes of the law or for insurance purposes. LFA is an idiot, as he has proven often, though we haven't been able to convict him. We all still know that he is an idiot.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:42 PM
nize
Banned

thanks for setting things straight keith. i'm often surprised at the low level of intellect among the p-community, even.

edit; i just realized lfa doesn't have a p-car so all is not hopeless yet.

Quick Reply: Radar Detectors