Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Could someone with a clean '89 951 check something for me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 03:55 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by kevincnc
Guys,

Since those clips are pretty well hidden, I'm planning on replacing them with "Fir Tree Mounts" and cable ties. Look at page 26 here-> http://www.hellermann.tyton.com/medi..._fasteners.pdf
That way of you need to remove them you just cut the cable tie and replace it. No, it's not original but I don't think it will be too offensive.
Those look great but 500!! Share the wealth ... I'll buy a few off ya

Originally Posted by kevincnc
Ed- I think I'll call your plater and see what he says. We ship a lot of stuff from work and things rarely get lost, but it still makes me nervous. I could insure everything, but if all those parts and hardware were lost, how would I replace them? I think it would just be overwhelming finding everything. Maybe some day I'll do the jet-hot on the heat shields, but since yellow was used until '88, I don't think it will bother me.
You could order almost every part from Sunset, but do what you feel comfortable with
I don't believe yellow zinc was ever used for the brake booster HS .. The other parts yes ...
Regards
Ed
Old 06-25-2006, 04:30 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Insane you say .....
Wait! What's my name again...... Crazy Eddie Well I rest my case !
James/ Kevin
Here is what I found:
The part numbers are two of these 3 below but as I recall I thought Tom told me one The yellow clip was to big ??? ( the oil sending clip )
I had to dig up the paper work which is in boxes because I was putting a floor in my family rm ... Aahh that was suppose to start last summer
If Tom M'Guinn could add his input to this it would be great as these were for him
It's been so long, I forgot what the hell I ordered, and where the hell I even put the stuff!! Call Sunset they are the best ( Knowledge and cheapest by far for dealer parts ) Speak to Bob or Phil 800 346-0182

999-651-224-40 plastic Ti........

944-607-127-00 Sender BRA....

321-971-847-A Plastic CL....

Regards
Ed

Here is the part that Ed got from Sunset for me. We were after the clip that holds the O2 sensor to the bracket at the back of the intake and/or the clip that holds the oil pressure sender wire to the clip at the front of the intake. What we got was the clip that holds the alternator cable under the intake. For what it's worth, I replaced mine withzip ties years ago. I don't know which of the three part numbers listed above this is -- but I suppose some patience on PET would yield the answer.
Attached Images  
Old 06-25-2006, 04:39 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks Tom
Boy I still have to oder all those parts and that black ( or white one ) that holds the O2 sensor thingie
There is a yellow one that holds the sending wire on ... you still need that right ?
Attached Images  

Last edited by Crazy Eddie; 06-25-2006 at 05:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Could someone with a clean '89 951 check something for me?