Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Exhaust hardware source?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust hardware source?

Since I have the head pulled off, I am going to upgrade the exhaust studs to the Saturn exhaust studs. I was thinking of getting copper nuts for these, and I also need to get a set of 6 nut/bolt sets for the header to crossover flanges. The local Porsche shop has them for 2.21 per bolt and 1.77 per nut and admit that they are pricey but they're the only thing that stays tight in that hot application.

Anyone have a source for the coppers nuts as well as the header to crossover flanges?
Old 06-01-2006, 01:02 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Check with Artie. He may still have some kits left.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...haust+hardware
Old 06-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Kyle Donley
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Skip, I've been trying to get Artie to start another round of the exahust hardware kits we were putting together. I'm not sure but we might have just enough of the bolts for the header to crossover pipe and I think we are short one or two saturn studs for a complete set but, I'll check. As for everyone else that wants a complete kit, I'll try to get a final price from Artie and I'll start the ball rolling myself.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:12 PM
87944turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I bought one of Artie's kits, well worth it. Also, check out Paragon for copper nuts. This was the best price I found back when I did my exhaust upgrade and was looking for these parts.

http://www.paragon-products.com/prod..._exnutpack.htm
Old 06-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kyle Donley
Hey Skip, I've been trying to get Artie to start another round of the exahust hardware kits we were putting together. I'm not sure but we might have just enough of the bolts for the header to crossover pipe and I think we are short one or two saturn studs for a complete set but, I'll check. As for everyone else that wants a complete kit, I'll try to get a final price from Artie and I'll start the ball rolling myself.
Hey Kyle. Artie's kits looks great but I only need the head studs/nuts and the header/crossover flange nuts and bolts and don't really want to pay for a whole kit only to use half of it.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

Originally Posted by 87944turbo
I bought one of Artie's kits, well worth it. Also, check out Paragon for copper nuts. This was the best price I found back when I did my exhaust upgrade and was looking for these parts.

http://www.paragon-products.com/prod..._exnutpack.htm
Nice - thanks for the Paragon link.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Kyle Donley
Burning Brakes

Skip I'm sure we could put together a half kit out of what we have left but, I'm almost positive that we are short a stud or two.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

Kyle - that's no big deal if I need to go to Staurn and get an extra copuple of studs. Let me know if you guys are willing to seperate out studs (even if your short a couple), the copper nuts for the studs, and the 6 header/crossover flange nuts and bolts.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Jon Moeller
Three Wheelin'

Kyle,
Your efforts are much appreciated. I'm hoping to be in need of a kit in the next two weeks.

-Jon

Quick Reply: Exhaust hardware source?