Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Best Source For New Stone Guards Price Wise?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 04:54 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Best Source For New Stone Guards Price Wise?

Whats the best source for new stone guards? The best price I have seen online is $99 for all six at vertex auto. Is this the lowest you can get them? Not to sound cheap but I hate to spend that much on some clear stickers, but I definately don't want to drive around with out them. I was wondering if maybe you could buy that clear bra material in sheets and I could make my own for cheaper, and would be easier to remove if they started looking bad.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Racer46
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see them listed on eBay all the time for about $70. No idea how good they are.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:55 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Yeah I saw the ones on ebay, but I don't know how good they are compared to the true ones, so I am a little skeptical of them.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:24 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

$99 is about right. If you can find them cheaper, whoever is selling them is not making ANY money.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Not true. I bought a roll of clear vinyl from a plastics wholesaler for about 30 bucks. Enough to make about 100 sets of guards and probably some clear bra type front-end protection as well. I'm set for life.

Make a template for the shape off your existing guards and cut out the new ones with an exacto knife. Easy, simple, can be done in an hour.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:58 PM
buxton
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a set off ebay for about $60.00 and they were nice. No problems on install and came with the plastic spreader to work out the bubbles. If I had to do it again I would take Porsch-O-Phile advice and do it that way.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:42 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile
Not true. I bought a roll of clear vinyl from a plastics wholesaler for about 30 bucks. Enough to make about 100 sets of guards and probably some clear bra type front-end protection as well. I'm set for life.

Make a template for the shape off your existing guards and cut out the new ones with an exacto knife. Easy, simple, can be done in an hour.
Ok Jeff
Give up da goods
Where would one find this supply
Regards
Ed
Old 05-10-2006, 04:50 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile

Did you use the clear bra type of vinyl? You can get rolls of 3M brand clear bra material for a pretty decent price. If not, what did you use exactly? I saw a clear bra put on very briefly once and it looked like tint going on, using a soap solution so I am guessing it doesnt stick like a sticker until it gets wet.

Quick Reply: Best Source For New Stone Guards Price Wise?