Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Setting up EBC... Power and vacuum routing Q's... now with pics!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 01:30 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Setting up EBC... Power and vacuum routing Q's... now with pics!

Daniel 951 specified tapping into the DME power and ground, I know ground is a brown wire, but which do I tap into for the 12v power?

I'm also pretty sure I know this one, but Vacuum routing... from the banjo bolt to the In on the solenoid, out of the solenoid to the side of the TiaL 38mm. Top of tial to where now? we currently have it tapped back into the loop somewhere... should I vent to atmosphere like people have recommended, or do I loop it back into the wastegate control vaccum, and do I do that before or after the solenoid?

The rest I've got... thanks guys!

P.S. Thanks Daniel, I appreciate all the instruction. I found the installation manual online, so I've got pretty much everything I need to know... I'm excited to install this beeyatch!

Last edited by Mighty Shilling; 03-19-2006 at 02:37 AM.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:36 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Hokay... two pics... First is the current vacuum routing for the wastegate, second is what I'm trying to set up. Now... The red is option 1, the green is option 2. don't laugh, but the pics get the job done. Thanks guys!
Attached Images   
Old 03-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Anyone? at all? please?
Old 03-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

First of all, what EBC are you trying to set up?
Old 03-19-2006, 08:32 PM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Geoff, I sent you a PM on this but the answer is:

Option 4 - None of the above.

The line from the banjo bolt goes to a T, one side of the T goes to the SIDE of the Tial and the other side of the T goes to the solenoid IN. Solenoid OUT goes to the TOP of the Tial. Sorry, I'm not in a position to draw a picture.

There, my good deed for posterities sake for the day.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the same for a 46mm using a blacknob MBC? Does anyone have the routing diagram handy?
Old 03-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Yeah, Greg, I got that PM and used it. got everything set up, and it's good. I've got a leak between the EBC and the boost gauge, and DME boost meter thing, I know exactly where it is, just need some parts to fix, and the stores closed after I found it... Sooooooo... it's for another day.

But, I got one of the Blitz SBC-id boost controllers... it's nifty. can't wait to resolve this small issue and play with it! but, there's also a foot of snow that'll be on the ground in the morning, and the turbo has bald race tires on it, so testing is kinda out of the picture for a while.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:40 PM
daniel951
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
Yeah, Greg, I got that PM and used it. got everything set up, and it's good. I've got a leak between the EBC and the boost gauge, and DME boost meter thing, I know exactly where it is, just need some parts to fix, and the stores closed after I found it... Sooooooo... it's for another day.

But, I got one of the Blitz SBC-id boost controllers... it's nifty. can't wait to resolve this small issue and play with it! but, there's also a foot of snow that'll be on the ground in the morning, and the turbo has bald race tires on it, so testing is kinda out of the picture for a while.
lol i hope u have fun with it. I never even got to play with all the different features on it so be sure to check out the blitz website to see what other things it can do.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:24 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Yeah... I just need to fix the gauge line... then it'll be cool. Thanks again for "keeping it warm" for me

Quick Reply: Setting up EBC... Power and vacuum routing Q's... now with pics!