Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Tobay car hang out

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006 | 02:38 PM
951kid
Advanced

Default Tobay car hang out

Tommorow (sunday march 19th) i understand that there is a lil car show type of thing going on in the tobay parking lot, which is on the south shore of Long Island NY.

there should be some nice cars there, based on pics from previous years.

Ill be there in my 951 just hoping there'll be some more rennlisters showing up

Anthony
Old 03-18-2006 | 03:07 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Hey do you have directions on to were it is going to be. And what time??? What kind of cars are going to be there??
Old 03-18-2006 | 04:41 PM
951kid
Advanced

http://autostreamfilms.com/cgi-bin/u.../f/11/t/000066 thats where im getting my info, im pretty sure they're be some camaros representing, and some vettes, probably an exotic or two
Old 03-18-2006 | 04:57 PM
944kid
Banned

Hey, there's another "kid"!!!

Nice to meet Anthony

I wish I could attend, only a year and a half until I go all out.

Sincerely,
Old 03-18-2006 | 06:20 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

There is also a MetroNY PCA autocross going on in the same parking lot, i will be there along with atleast two other Rennlist members. Right as you pull in, the autocross event is on the right side. I will be in a red 944...car #14, introduce yourself if you see me.

Expect a very heavy police presence as they know about this event every year. And there are ALWAYS stupid people doing stupid things with there cars. Also i think there is a chance everyone pulling in (obviously not part of the PCA event) will just be turned away at the entrace, that did happen one year. That is because Tobay Fest is not an organized event.

reno, it is at the Tobay Beach parking lot right off of Ocean Parkway....not far from Jones beach.

From Western Long Island, the Meadowbrook Parkway (South) or the Wantagh Parkway (South) lead into Ocean Parkway. Once on Ocean Parkway continue East towards Jones Beach. Continue approximately 4.2 miles East of Jones Beach Water Tower.
Old 03-19-2006 | 03:28 PM
951kid
Advanced

hey techno duck, i think i saw your car on the auto-x circuit, but i didnt go in b/c the department of transportation was turning people away,

on the up side of things alot of cars made it to the captree parking lot, tons of srt-4s, evo, wrx, 350z, G35, a few vettes, and

on the way back to school in glen cove i saw a viper and lambo going at it, probably doing 140mph+, which was pretty sick, and i got a front row seat, they were both at the event but left early b/c of the heavy police presence
Old 03-19-2006 | 06:54 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

951kid, were you in a silver 944 Turbo? I was riding next to one on my way home, it wasnt a PCA guy either. He didnt even look over at me! I just sped away at the Jones Beach WaterTower circle..

My friend got pulled over and was given 3 tickets. No front plate, non-OEM exhaust and his tints to dark. He was in a black Evo8, was riding with a blue WRX and a silver / grey M3.

You could have gotten into the lot if you just said you were there to watch the autocross...they probably would have let you in, especially if your in a Porsche .
Old 03-19-2006 | 07:40 PM
951kid
Advanced

i saw the silver 951, but he didnt acknoledge me either,

my car is red w/ black interior (unique color combo right? lol).

I wanted to stop in but i was in a pack of cars with my bro and some firends, who were not in porsches, so i didnt want to ditch 'em.

Im going to a scca auto-x next weekend i think its in nassau parking lot, hopefully it will be warmer then today
Old 03-19-2006 | 07:50 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

You should attend some of the PCA events also, there is another one at Tobay on April 2nd.

Mine is also red with black interior .

Quick Reply: Tobay car hang out