Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

*OFFICIAL* Griffin Radiator Group Buy - Friday March 17th Ending Date!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

That's a fairly small production run (under 50 units) by most standards, I'd understand being at the bottom of the list.

Sam
Old 04-10-2006, 08:26 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys.
I'll add some things, based on my experience with the first Griffin GB.
1. My card actyally got charged about a week before the radiator showed up at my door.
2. Some folks seem disappointed with the turn around time. I think Sam Lin hit it on the head AND some guys on this gb appear to have dragged their feet getting their info etc put in. That slowed our GB down a good bit as well. (That's not an indictment, just an observation) Once all of the folks are signed up, it'lll get moving.
Lastly, we had Scott to ramrod our GB from the Griffin end. You guys don't. Even so, I recall it taking about 6 weeks to get mine to my front door.
Don't get too upset. Yu'll love the product, and there's a strong chance that you'll never need another replacement. EVER.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Hey guys.
I'll add some things, based on my experience with the first Griffin GB.
1. My card actyally got charged about a week before the radiator showed up at my door.
2. Some folks seem disappointed with the turn around time. I think Sam Lin hit it on the head AND some guys on this gb appear to have dragged their feet getting their info etc put in. That slowed our GB down a good bit as well. (That's not an indictment, just an observation) Once all of the folks are signed up, it'lll get moving.
Lastly, we had Scott to ramrod our GB from the Griffin end. You guys don't. Even so, I recall it taking about 6 weeks to get mine to my front door.
Don't get too upset. Yu'll love the product, and there's a strong chance that you'll never need another replacement. EVER.
ehall,

Everything you've said looks good to me, besides the fact that this time around, Griffin will be charging our cards upfront. While Scotty was still working there, he told me this was a new company policy with group buys. (I am guessing they built some radiators at one time, and then had a non-payer or something) so they are changing the entire order up front. No big deal to me.

The delay because of the lack of customer support was a rather large part in why the order has been delayed thus far. Hopefully after we get our order completed, they can get the radiators built in a reasonable amount of time. I do know that we just got in at the very busiest time because of the delays though.

Matt
Old 04-11-2006, 01:37 PM
OVERBOOST
Rennlist Member

Matt, maybe you covered this already, when are our orders going to be kicked off? Are we waiting on buyers or Griffin?

Thanks,
Old 04-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OVERBOOST
Matt, maybe you covered this already, when are our orders going to be kicked off? Are we waiting on buyers or Griffin?

Thanks,
We are now waiting on Griffin. I finally got Griffin to close the group buy on Friday afternoon. So we are just waiting on Griffin now. I will give them a call here in the next couple minutes to see where the GB is sitting.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 04-13-2006, 11:45 AM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

Would it be possible to get a final list from Griffen on who they have on this build. I gave info very early (to Scott) and just want to ensure I'm on the build.

Thanks for all your efforts Matt, it's appreciated!
Old 04-13-2006, 12:18 PM
comatb
Rennlist Member

Me too. I also wnat to make sure I'm on the build list.

Bill
Old 04-13-2006, 12:58 PM
nize
Banned

ditto. and whatever happened to scott?
Old 04-16-2006, 12:47 AM
OVERBOOST
Rennlist Member

Any word? The natives are getting restless
Old 04-20-2006, 06:10 PM
cantresjr
Addict
Rennlist Member

*BUMP*
when should we expect to see the rads.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey guys,

Has anyone's credit cards been charged yet? Last time I checked mine online it still has yet to be charged. I tried calling griffin, but only got voicemail. I will try calling them again later on today, however I've got the FE exam tomorrow, so I am going to be studying all day.

If anyone has talked with them lately, let me know.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 04-21-2006, 12:13 PM
jy951
Instructor

Originally Posted by Matthew951
Hey guys,

Has anyone's credit cards been charged yet? Last time I checked mine online it still has yet to be charged. I tried calling griffin, but only got voicemail. I will try calling them again later on today, however I've got the FE exam tomorrow, so I am going to be studying all day.

If anyone has talked with them lately, let me know.

Thanks,
Matt
NOPE - NADA!!!!

Man, this is the most un-friendly vendor that I've ever had the dis-pleasure of transacting business with. Customer service is a foreign concept to these guys (regardless of whether we placed a SMALL or LARGE order with them - we deserve a basic level of customer service).

Hey Matt, thanks for staying on top of things.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:22 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Has anyone's credit cards been charged yet?==NO
If anyone has talked with them lately, let me know==Yes, the girl i spoke to will get back to me, with more info.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:42 PM
nize
Banned

i think they will charge your cards when they actually ship. is this not correct ?
Old 04-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Diver944
Pro

They have tried to charge mine twice this week, but my blummin stupid credit card company refused it both times because it was over $2000 and was from overseas?????? Arrrg. Anyway they have allowed it now after a phonecall from me, and I will check my account online tomorrow morning (6pm here at the moment)

Quick Reply: *OFFICIAL* Griffin Radiator Group Buy - Friday March 17th Ending Date!