Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Question about lean a/f ratio at idle with using Mafterburner

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 01:06 AM
jy951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hally
jy when you get into the throttle, it goes into open loop and onto the WOT maps. So having the o2 sensor disconnected only effects your idle and PT a/f.
Hally,

Thanks. I had to pull back fueling by 40% at idle to get the KoKeln chips stoich (14.5:1 -14.8:1). This is way more than the sample tune set-up that I was given by LR for my 951. Granted, they said I would have to modify their curve, but I didn't think it would be that much. Like I said before, KoKeln chips run pig rich, and I have to question the programming. At some point, I will get rid of the KoKeln chips, but I will compensate (for the richness) with MAFterburner for the moment.

Old 03-01-2006, 10:57 AM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any other ideas? I guess I'm stuck. With the fqs set at 0 for stock injectors and the Mafterburner set at 55lb injectors the car idles at 14.7:1 for 30 seconds or so. It will then go lean to 20:1 and I can't richen up past 16:1 before I run out of adjustment range. Is it the programming in the chips that is causing this?
Old 03-01-2006, 12:09 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

POR951turbo: Check your fpr. You may not be getting the correct pressure at the rail. Or the fpr is going south.if it checks out ok. You could also try setting the injector size in the pb to stock injectors 39's or what ever and follow the instructions below.

JY951: You should lower your fuel pressure so you don't run out of calibration on the pb.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:13 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just spoke with Wes at Lindsey. He states that we shouldn't be using the injector selector in the Mafterburner software. Apparently the software was designed for a NA car and the larger injector size of turbo cars causes the tune to run out of the range of the scale. I'll change my fqs switch back to 1 for 55lb. injectors and set the factory defaults back on the Mafterburner. This should give me enough range in the scale to richen up the idle.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:20 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

FPR is new and reading correct on the guage.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:31 AM
jy951
Instructor

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
POR951turbo: Check your fpr. You may not be getting the correct pressure at the rail. Or the fpr is going south.if it checks out ok. You could also try setting the injector size in the pb to stock injectors 39's or what ever and follow the instructions below.

JY951: You should lower your fuel pressure so you don't run out of calibration on the pb.
My fuel pressure is 48 psi, 1 psi more than what Wes (@ LR) suggested. I'm using the LR fuel rail and FPR. I did change the MAF Offset on the LR Stage 2 MAF from -0.249 back to 0.00, this is what gave me the very rich reading. So, I pulled back mega fuel (60%) to get stoich @ idle. The fuel curve is now sharper than under the previous MAF Offset and I had to pull quite a bit of fuel to get the AFR from mid 11s to mid - high 12s. I'm in the process of doing test runs with the new curve, haven't tried going on boost yet, so I don't know what my AFR will be at boost. I'm not interested in repairing head gaskets right now, so I'm being conservative. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:30 PM
hally
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by por951turbo
I just spoke with Wes at Lindsey. He states that we shouldn't be using the injector selector in the Mafterburner software. Apparently the software was designed for a NA car and the larger injector size of turbo cars causes the tune to run out of the range of the scale. I'll change my fqs switch back to 1 for 55lb. injectors and set the factory defaults back on the Mafterburner. This should give me enough range in the scale to richen up the idle.
That makes sense, if both the chips (via FQS scaling) and the Mafterburner were adjustingback for larger injectors - doubling up.
Keep in mind that part throttle timing gets corrupted to some degree if shift the sensor voltage to compensate for larger injectors. It breaks relationship b/w voltage the chip is seeing and actual flow which messes with the chips calculation of load, which moves the lookup point on the part throttle fuel and timing maps.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:25 PM
RKT951
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Lean at open throttle

I have #52 marren fuel injectors 3.0 fuel regulator Lindsey max chips burned for the super 48 turbo and #55 injectors. I got the DME and KLR with the chips and the turbo. Ran great until i opened the mafterburner program an changed the injector sizes to what was in the car,it has not ran correct since then.I have got it close but it runs good at idle but when opening throttle it goes to lean to drive and seems to be staving for fuel A/F idle 12.5 pushing the gas pedal it heads of the scale A/F 13 to off the gage. cant get support but all company's say the have the fix buy there products. looking into rouge upgrade thru Lindsey

Quick Reply: Question about lean a/f ratio at idle with using Mafterburner