Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Just want to share my experience with Vitesse Racing.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 05:42 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Talking Just want to share my experience with Vitesse Racing.

I bought a product from John and for some reason I had some problems with it. Well I decided to talk to John about this and he has been more than fair about the whole thing. I just want to let people know how much of a stand up guy he has been through out this whole process. Thank you John for all your help. Just thought everyone should know about my experience with John..
Old 02-24-2006, 06:23 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Richard, thank you for the kind words. Too bad we couldn't go further, I understand all about pulling the plug. As long as the end result is a win-win everyone will be happy.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:31 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Thanks again for everything John.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:45 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by black944 turbo
I bought a product from John and for some reason I had some problems with it. Well I decided to talk to John about this and he has been more than fair about the whole thing. I just want to let people know how much of a stand up guy he has been through out this whole process. Thank you John for all your help. Just thought everyone should know about my experience with John..
Very nice post. I just don't understand why ppl feel they should post a thread to thank a vendor for what the vendor SHOULD be doing. My opinion.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:49 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Derek, If you have something against me come out and say it. You know nothing about the details of the transaction that took place between me and Richard. Sometime, as a vendor, we do things we are not obligated to do. We go out of our way to make sure the customer is happy, even though it's not a problem we caused. This goes beyound the "SHOULD" do!!! But thank you for your post!
Old 02-24-2006, 07:53 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have nothing against you, John. I like the products you offer and have even purchased from you. You will see future business from me as well. I did not post here because it is a Vitesse thread. I did because I feel some things should not have to be thanked for. And no, I do not know what happened between you two. I made a general statement.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:05 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

As John stated he went above and beyond the call of duty. I just wanted to say publicly that I appreciated his help.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:25 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Its nice to see positive input about vendors just like we all want to hear negative experiences. Why shouldn't one be able to write about positive experiences as well?
Are all the vendors the same? No! Some go above and beyond and its this positive feedback that helps them build or die.
Case in point, Huntley's poor work practices caught up to him. He had some good stuff but didn't have good business practices. Same can be said for Guru. Danno, a great person but couldn't run it as a business. I don't see any harm in this post. Forums shouldn't be just about vendor bashing.
Black, thanks for sharing your experience.
Raj
Old 02-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed. People are super quick to post about a bad experience, which is great. However, people need to post positive experiences just as much. If a post helps a business be recognized for its good work, it can bring them more customers, which will mean that they can continue to offer their excellent products/service/whatever. Everyone wins.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:33 AM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Well my experience with John's products is that now my gas mileage is down because my RPMs and PSI are up. My tires are wearing thin and I'm getting aweful glares from the neighbors and the local law enforcemnt agencies! Damn that Vitesse Racing chip!

Better?
Old 02-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, I've been modding cars pretty constantly for the last 14 years and there hasn't been 1 vendor that has steped up to he plate when an issue arives like Vitesse has. Way to many times I've had a vendor run for the hills when a difficult question or situation arrives. I first bought from him over two years ago and is products are still going strong just like he told me thay would. I just fired up the latest car with Vitesse products and the owner was pleased as usual and there are 6 cars local that have products on them now and John has been as helpful and responsive with each of the owners.

How many other vendors give you their personal cell number so you can call them @ 10:00 P.M. on a Saturday night? This is a "bit" more then what a vendor should do.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:05 AM
dougoh
Burning Brakes

after installing my vitesse stage 3 kit i had issues that had nothing to do with johns product.thanks to john being very patient with me and walking me through step by step over the phone i was able to get my car up and running.even though our transaction is complete i know i can call you with a question and that means alot.thanks again john
Old 02-25-2006, 11:37 AM
mwc951
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I had an issue about last year while installing my SMT6. It came down to a 1cm piece of wire in the harness. The wire inside of the insulation had broken.....I've never seen this before and will probably never see such a thing again. John spent many hours with me over the phone troubleshooting the problem. The level of service far exceeded my expectations. It's called EARNING a customer's business.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Buckaroo Banzi
Racer

Default The Truth

This is not an *** kissing exercise on my part. John is personally aware of my misfortunes dealing with and losing hundreds of dollars to so called honest 944 vendors.
In my opinion John is the best 944 vendor period. His integrity is unmatched and his customer service is unmatched.

And that my fellow Rennlisters is the plain unvarnished truth!

Thank You John,

Old 02-25-2006, 07:47 PM
ewainwright
Racer

All of you happy Vitesse Racing customers make me sick with things like great products and unsurpassed customer support, increased attention from law enforcement, drop in gas mileage and wearing out your tires. I particularly hate to read reports as idles “like a Toyota Camry even with 75lbs injectors” and out of the box drivability. And to add insult to injury John is a nice guy too!!! Let’s add more salt into my open wound.

Quick Reply: Just want to share my experience with Vitesse Racing.