Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Help a brudda out: need a pass side 951 foglight

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 03:04 AM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help a brudda out: need a pass side 951 foglight

I've had a wanted ad up in that section of the forums for 6 months now. Not a single response.

I'm looking for one passenger side 951 stock foglight. Used. Not brand new. Not the euro driving light version. And hopefully not $150, what they're going for on ebay. I just need a used one in good shape, no cracks, minimal pitting.

Can anyone help me out? Here's a painful image to help convince you...

(No worries, I have the headlight cover. It was off the car when I bought it for some reason.)

BTW, it should be noted that anyone that offers me good deals on things will be considered for a reward of seat time in my 951. If you're close to the Detroit<->Pittsburgh corridor and have any of the things I've been asking for recently, drop some bucks off what you're asking and come meet me at the track someday! Consider yourself a sponsor.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:50 AM
A Pilot
Instructor

I'm going to the shop today...I'll look for a spare
Old 01-14-2006, 03:21 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dan: Contact Lart951 (luis), he could help out.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:35 PM
aribop
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have a PM
Old 01-14-2006, 07:15 PM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Ari, got the PM, still higher than I was hoping to spend. I'd have to think ~$50 shipped would be a resonable price for a good used lamp. Not a brand spankin new one, or one with 20k miles on it, but a good condition ~90k mile one.

I'll send Lart a PM. Thanks hosrom.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a new one online somewhere for $115, for some reason the passenger side one is less than the drivers side I think. Make sure you get some of the 3m stoneguard stuff to protect it.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:35 PM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Bumpity. I got one from Aribop but it arrived broken. We settled up, but I'm still without a good pass side 951 foglight.

Can anyone help me out? I know I should've thought of bumping this BEFORE the Hershey swap meet. D'oh.

$50+ship to 15668?
Old 04-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Opeth
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im waiting on a set of euros, Ill be intouch when I do the swap if youre still in the market.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Douglas Sorrells
Racer

Dan, I have one. I sent you a pm.

d
Old 04-24-2006, 03:33 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

Cool

Originally Posted by DanG
I've had a wanted ad up in that section of the forums for 6 months now. Not a single response.

I'm looking for one passenger side 951 stock foglight. Used. Not brand new. Not the euro driving light version. And hopefully not $150, what they're going for on ebay. I just need a used one in good shape, no cracks, minimal pitting.

Can anyone help me out? Here's a painful image to help convince you...

(No worries, I have the headlight cover. It was off the car when I bought it for some reason.)

BTW, it should be noted that anyone that offers me good deals on things will be considered for a reward of seat time in my 951. If you're close to the Detroit<->Pittsburgh corridor and have any of the things I've been asking for recently, drop some bucks off what you're asking and come meet me at the track someday! Consider yourself a sponsor.
as low as yours sits, how do you deal with speedbumps and driveways?
Old 04-24-2006, 07:00 PM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Doug, you got a PM reply, thanks.

bearone, good question! I actually haven't driven the car yet (coming up on a year of ownership!). I bought it with a blown engine and have been fixing it the long/slow way. I actually haven't worked very much on it at all, as I had to put a big project on my daily driver and now a ton of work on the FSAE car infront of it. But I'm hoping to get to business early this summer, hopefully have it ready for some track days by August. Just in time for the 'fest!

Anyway, once I am driving the car, I have a feeling I won't have the splitter installed very much. Maybe only for special occasions like shows or a hot date. I'm not sure if its worth using on the track or not. Any marginal downforce might be negated by the first time I slam it on some curbing or rip it off the car if I go off the course. And the roads here in MI look like they have speed bumps installed ever 25ft, so driving with it on the street isn't looking much better.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:46 AM
jean_noir
Racer

Yo - I call dibs if you decide to sell that splitter - pm me
Old 04-25-2006, 12:20 PM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Definitely not selling it, I'd probably buy one if it hadn't come with the car. I just won't have it installed that often.

Doug and I closed the deal on the foglight. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Help a brudda out: need a pass side 951 foglight