Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

LR Knock Sensor Harness

Old 01-10-2006, 06:43 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LR Knock Sensor Harness

I wanted to ask, has anyone bought this? Any input about it? I bought the LR injectors harness, and it is a very nice piece too. Special Tool even liked it alot.

Thanks in advance everyone.

http://www.lindseyracing.com/Merchan...y_Code=HARNESS

Old 01-10-2006, 07:18 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently built myself a wiring harness to replace the awful, brittle, cracked and fraying factory harness. I was debating how I was going to do some of the sensors when I saw the Lindsey stuf the first time. I figured I'd give them a shot to save some time on that side of it. I'm glad I did.
The Lindsey peice replaces the entire wire in the factory harness, even the pin. I guess I can't comment on installing it in the car as when I connected everyhing I had the harness on my workbench. The build quality is really good and if you ask me it looks like the wiring will hold up to the heat pretty well. I have a bunch of pics but nowhere to upload (as I cannot remember my Rennlist number).
Two thumbs up on the Lindsey harness replacement. LR has also mentioned that they might come out with a replacement for the tps and possibly a few more.

HTH

Edit: I bought the injector/knock sensor harness. The build quality is the same between the two, excellent. Its amazing the difference really...Almost as amazing as this sweet Vitesse WS system in my hands
Old 01-10-2006, 07:23 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

So you built a engine harness yourself from scratch? Did I read that right? If so, wow. I know SFR will build you one, but LR won't. Not to go OT here, but I spoke to LR and they said more than likely (at this stage) they won't be building a new engine harness, especially for my 1989. Thanks for the info Paul.

EDIT: So you did buy it then? Kool. And the Vitesse WS is amazing, isn't it? Wait until you put it in the car. I'm telling you, I saw a "night and day difference". Like huge in response time. I have pics of it installed on my car on my web site.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:25 PM
special tool
Banned

I liked it - and I did NOT WANT to like it. Its pretty good.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:26 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by special tool
I liked it - and I did NOT WANT to like it. Its pretty good.
Ha ha. You had no choice!

Old 01-10-2006, 07:44 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Rolex - Built a wiring harness to replace the stock, thats correct. I haven't posted around here in a while but I've been working on this car for almost two years now. Part of the problems I've been having were related to intermittent electrical problems that were traced to a seriously faulty wiring harness. I think that when I removed the intake to install the Vitesse kit and everything else I just made the problem worse. So, I reused as much factory colored wiring as I could and got a set of good connectors from 944 ecology. I covered everything with thermotec heat shroud (the aluminized, adhesive backed fiberglass) and then wrapped a braided ssleeve around that. You can only see the harness at the TPS and turbo thermo switch, but it looks pretty slick. The Lindsey stuff looks fantastic (got red)!

I'm not going to install the WS right away. Need to make the car run as it is before I do anything else to it. But I will say that when I built the harness, I created all of my DME and KLR connections and then routed them through 3 military grade Dsub connectors - 1 large connector for the SMT6, ZT2, Profec, and IAFM-1. And then 2 smaller Dsubs - 1 for the WS system which I pre-wired into the DME harness, and the second is a speed/reference sensor test plug I mocked up for use with my oscilloscope. I had a lot of trouble getting a good signal from both of these sensors. I replaced them both (along with all the wiring) and am anxious to see the signal the DME gets while connected.

Its been interesting. As soon as work gives me some free time I shouldn't be far from making this thing roar to life. The plan then is to Dyno the old VR stage 2 with the old SW and standard ignition, then with the new SW and the WS Ignition.

Anyway, enough rambling
Old 01-10-2006, 07:57 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Paul, great job. But 2 years? Wow!

And good luck with the car, keep me posted pal.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:02 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

My job keeps me away from the car for months at a time. Its really been 4 or 5 two week sessions to get to where I am. Problem is the 6 months separating those sessions. Soon enough.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LR Knock Sensor Harness