Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vitesse Racing MAF Chip.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 11:24 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Vitesse Racing MAF Chip.

All of the things you here about John's customer service are entirely true!!!!! He is awesome. I have about 45 e-mails back and forth between the two of us and he has called me a few times about the chip I bought from him two months ago. To make a long story short I bought the chip for my car and installed it and had a problem with it. John, suggested many things to try and then took the chip back twice to remap it. Well after a bunch of other things I got the car back together tonight and it is great. The car idles well, starts well, and spins the tires in a hurry (255s on 9" rims). The car is great, now I need to get it on the dyno and make sure my a/fs are correct and report back.

Oh and the difference in performance between my previous set up, is night and day. It is a whole different car, can't hold traction very well anymore. I would say the increase in torque is worth the investment. All of you out there with mafs and some old chip, give Vitesse a try. BTW, my old set up was a lindsey stage 2 maf kit, power perfect, europroducts chips, 3 bar, and a full exhaust. Now it is the Vitesse chip, Lindsey maf, 3 bar, and a full exhaust. I will report back with the news on power.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:28 AM
jgporsche
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can add to his great customer service. I have asked him some of the most ignorant questions, and still he uses the same great professionalism.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:41 AM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you using the piggyback from the Lindsey kit? If so, which one?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:01 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

No, I dumped it and will be selling it. It will go on e-bay and it is the powerperfect. If I absolutely have to do a piggyback I will go with an AFC.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:21 AM
Swedish Meatball
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by black944 turbo
No, I dumped it and will be selling it. It will go on e-bay and it is the powerperfect. If I absolutely have to do a piggyback I will go with an AFC.
You mean your MAF equiped car is now properly tuned without a piggyback? Was vitesse able to do that without actually driving/dynoing your car?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:28 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

He has not seen the car. I am not sure if the a/f is perfect as I have not dynoed it yet. But the timing and fuel delivery is much much better without the piggyback. So to answer your question, yes, the car is very well tuned without a piggyback. Only an a/f chart will show if it is perfect.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:06 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

He has not seen the car. I am not sure if the a/f is perfect as I have not dynoed it yet. But the timing and fuel delivery is much much better without the piggyback. So to answer your question, yes, the car is very well tuned without a piggyback. Only an a/f chart will show if it is perfect.
wow thats pretty amazing right there.

but, then again ems and turbo's are john's world so it makes sense.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:44 AM
hally
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djungel-Jim
You mean your MAF equiped car is now properly tuned without a piggyback? Was vitesse able to do that without actually driving/dynoing your car?
Vitesse has a calibrated MAF running against a calibrated chip, analgous to the stock AFM and stock chip, not rocket science, just good clean engineering!
Saying that i am currently going the wideband plus AFM chip piggy MAF setup direction seeing how there is so much cheap 2nd hand gear for that around lol
Old 12-21-2005, 10:29 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh and the difference in performance between my previous set up, is night and day. It is a whole different car, can't hold traction very well anymore. I would say the increase in torque is worth the investment. All of you out there with mafs and some old chip, give Vitesse a try. BTW, my old set up was a lindsey stage 2 maf kit, power perfect, europroducts chips, 3 bar, and a full exhaust. Now it is the Vitesse chip, Lindsey maf, 3 bar, and a full exhaust. I will report back with the news on power.
I know what you mean. Glad to hear such great things. I experienced them with his service and his chips too. Just like your, my car was a "night & day" difference!! People just don't realize how incredible his stuff is until they actually compare it to what they currently have. Good luck!

Old 12-21-2005, 10:32 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
I know what you mean. Glad to hear such great things. I experienced them with his service and his chips too. Just like your, my car was a "night & day" difference!! People just don't realize how incredible his stuff is until they actually compare it to what they currently have. Good luck!

Old 12-21-2005, 12:12 PM
special tool
Banned

The Vitesse chip/board in my car has yet to live up to my expectations.
I am not satisfied.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:14 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by special tool
The Vitesse chip/board in my car has yet to live up to my expectations. I am not satisfied.

Real nice...!

Old 12-21-2005, 12:28 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

I know your horspower is absolutely PATHETIC. My stock K26/6 car can put down 550 whp. LOL BTW, I would love to see some pics of your car sometimes.

I would also love to see what 533 whp is like. NICE.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:38 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I know your horspower is absolutely PATHETIC. My stock K26/6 car can put down 550 whp. LOL BTW, I would love to see some pics of your car sometimes.

I would also love to see what 533 whp is like. NICE.
You want to see pics of STs car? Wow. You better get on line for waiting. That car is in a museum with guards all around it, very tight security. You can't get near it. It is about to go on its final tour before it is inducted to the 951 Hall of Fame for a while. After that, ST then gets it back and shoots for that 600 RWHP. So buy your ticket now and if you are luck you just "may" be able to see it in Switzerland. I hear the lines are the shortest there. And hey, if it can help you at all drop my name for it may give you some clout.

Old 12-21-2005, 03:29 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

That's what I hear, 951 tour is realy gaining in popularity. I know his car is the star, that is simply an insane machine. I would love to see your car there as well.

Quick Reply: Vitesse Racing MAF Chip.