Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

aggressive driving

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 08:06 PM
jf951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aggressive driving

well driving on a crowded interstate i'm in fast lane at about 80 then merge over tothe right lane slowing to exit. an idiot who was trying to catch up to me follows me over and is inches from my rear bumper i just kept slowing down, then exit to another freeway which is flat and straight for miles but a double fine zone so i just slowed down and let him go but what else do you do if someone want's to prove that their shiny new SUV is faster and handles better than a little foreign car?
btw way anyone see that thing on tv about super speeders, ferraris, lambos and vipers weaving through traffic at triple digit speeds?
Old 11-19-2005, 08:15 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You did the right thing. Maybe he was just in a rush.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:36 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

who was aggressive, you for doing 80 on a crowded interstate or him tailgating?

Old 11-19-2005, 08:37 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Bump, you did do the right thing by letting him go. I would have done that too.

You should ST drive when we leave his Race Shop, he drives like an old lady and lets everyone pass him. He's not into that macho/testosterone thing at all on the roads, actually quite boring but safe.

Old 11-19-2005, 08:43 PM
special tool
Banned

Absolute 100% truth.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:04 PM
Joe Anstett
Racer

Yeah, you did the right thing. Ease off. Nothing to prove.

On the way home Friday night I had a pair of a**holes. I was doing around 60 in a 55 in the fast lane. Two idiots -- a Jeep Cherokee and a Volkwagen Jetta -- weave in and out of traffic chasing each other. A few lights later, the opportunity came to go into the right hand lane even with the Jeep; this is wise because I peel off on a traffic ciricle coming up and taking the inside lane, though legal, is more dangerous.

I make a "spirited" launch, no more than 3500 rpm, but the Jeep is flooring it. OK, fine, I let him go, what, do I have to prove I'm faster than a Jeep Cherokee?. Eventually the two lanes merge and I'm very far ahead of the VW, but as the lanes run out I see him flooring it to pass me at the last possible moment. In fact there was no room if I kept my present speed and he kept going at his last rate, we'd both be occupying the same space at the same time, which my insurance company doesn't like. So when he gets to my rear bumper I am in the right gear and high revs enough to dust him (and hit the brakes hard because the Jeep is ahead).

When you drive sports cars every idiot is trying to race you for some reason, even when you are gracious in traffic.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Yea, there are MANY dumb drivers out there, one good point why I do what I do, paramedic. Everyone has a story like this, "Some *** driving around so fast...etc". I guess it is a part of life, just makes us (hopefully all of us) better drivers to see these people and get out of the way. I can tell you story, after story, after story of this kind of mind set, but truefully it really isn't worth it.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:59 AM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I've driven more aggressively than that when I was trying to make it to the closest available clean restroom.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:25 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^singin to the choir brother.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Ryan in SD
Instructor

Tell me about the stupid drivers!!! Yesterday I as doing a drive trying to keep up with some rather fast cars and this idiot in a pickup truck was driving like a madman through traffic cutting me off and just being an *** to try and get picks of Fayenc's CGT. Its people like that who cause major accidents. I couldnt beleive this guy, everytime we would speed up after passing a group of traffic this lamer hauls *** and tops out his truck at like 100 then trys to maneuver like our group of sports cars.....STUPID

watch out guys...theyre out there!
Old 11-20-2005, 02:55 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

let me get this straight.

you were driving fast to keep up with the "rather fast cars" but the truck was driven by an" idiot" who wanted to take pics of one of "rather fast cars".

who's the hazard, the idiots or you?

Last edited by bearone; 11-20-2005 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Ryan in SD
Instructor

Originally Posted by bearone
let me get this straight.

you were driving fast to keep up with the "rather fast cars" but the truck was driven by an" idiot" who wanted to take pics of one of "rather fast cars".

who's the hazard, the idiots or you?

I was part of the group going up, we used turn signals and had concerns for traffic......the idiot was the guy in the truck. Maybe I didnt word it properly.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:55 PM
azmi951
Drifting

I was cruzing on the freeway doing 75 one night and some MR2 ricer had something to prove, he sat in my blind spot for miles then comes no more than a few inches from my rear bumper twice at hig speeds.

I never feared for an accident more than that. It was like he was going to convince me to race in city highway traffic. Right.

I keep a few pennies in my center console so if that **** happens I discreatly flick a few out the roof, it usually wakes a tailgaiter up.

Also I would rather be the guy contorlling the following distance than the guy on the phone behind me.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:05 PM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

Guy,
Dip****s are a dime a dozen! Honestly, if I feel live I am driving is dip****ville I will pull over, turn on the emergency flashers, and let em pass! My car, can and will out run street bikes. " What ever"!!
I like my car to much to waste time proving that it will blow the ***** off the typical dip**** with a "DR Lic" and a Phychotic mood swing!
Old 11-21-2005, 05:04 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Default Bearone

Seems like Bearone is having difficulties understanding who's who in all these stories, either that or he is being judge and jury...

Quick Reply: aggressive driving