Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

How hard do you drive your car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 01:00 AM
Evan70
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is a daily driver, and gets several WOT runs everyday. Plus it gets taken to the track and run hard 3-4 times a year (at least). I do try to give it a little bit of warm up/cool down when really running it hard though.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:24 AM
jy951
Instructor

Originally Posted by ehall
Drive it like you stole it. It's a Porsche. It was built for the harsh realities of sportscar racing.
hmmmm...a complete rip-off of Clark's line...of Clark's Garage fame...please try and be original
Old 11-13-2005, 07:12 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jy951
hmmmm...a complete rip-off of Clark's line...of Clark's Garage fame...please try and be original

please try to not be a troll. You wont last long
Old 11-13-2005, 08:04 AM
ldt1
Instructor

When I leave work and hit the entrance to the freeway after my car is warmed up, I confess, I drive it pretty hard. blasting through 2nd and 3rd gear has to be one of lifes guilty pleasures.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:22 PM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

I drive it easy until it warms up then i usually "get up to the speed limit" fast alot and sometimes i just drive around and when someone is going as fast as i am next to me i like to fool with them and take of.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:25 PM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard. Especially in 1st gear - I love that feeling whenever I get back to the US after not driving ANYTHING! That wonderful feeling of your arms streching as your foot nears the floor. To put it simply, I must quote my mechanic shop's previous owner,

(thick German accent) " zis is a Porscha - like a woman if you do not give herr vas she vants then you und herr WILL have problem...redline is just ein suggestion...Americans...*shakes head*" - Gunter

The man responsible for most of my Porsche education
Old 11-14-2005, 11:13 AM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

Very rearly do I "Get on it", "Stab it", & ect!
Infact when one of the Rice burnners with a fart muffler was behind me the other day doin the speed up slow down bit. I droped into second "Stabed" it! and left him sitting. That was not enough as I was laughing at him in the review mirror I could see the "Road Rage" in his eyes.

Thereby, I pulled the car over to the side of the road and motioned him to pass!

I like the car to much to damage it street racing rice burners with the fart mufflers!
Old 11-14-2005, 11:16 AM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

Default Good study on "Road Rage"

Aug. 1999 Mary L Lindsey, Editor Volume 2 Issue 8
DENISON UNIVERSITY
Safety News

The newsletter is sponsored by the Denison University Safety Committee and is meant to inform and educate the Denison Community about current health- and/or safety-related issue affection all of us. If you want to see articles included covering specific topics, please e-mail you suggestions/requests to lindsey@denison.edu.
Attitude Adjustment
Defining Danger - Aggressive driving is commonly defined as operating a vehicle in a manner that endangers or is likely to endanger others or their property. The driver is guilty of at least one of the following offenses: speeding, lane-wavering, running red lights or stop sign, failure to yield the right of way and reckless driving.
Road rage usually begins with aggressive driving, but goes over the edge. The driver attempts physical assault stemming from a traffic dispute.
Ohio is not immune. According to Sgt. Gary Lewis of the Ohio State Highway Patrol, angry Ohio drivers have brandished tire irons, jack handles, empty bottles, and other weapons to impress their fury upon drivers they consider objectionable.
From its onset in July 1997, Operation TRIAD (Targeting Reckless, Intimidating, and Aggressive Drivers) was called a success by Ohio law enforcement operations. Created and evaluated by the State Highway Patrol's aviation section in Columbus, its 12 planes regularly monitor aggressive driving - often coordinating with local police and sheriffs' departments.
Since TRIAD's inception, the patrol has recorded more than 2,000 traffic citations related to aggressive driving.
Typical TRIAD locations include road construction zones, school zones, heavily congested traffic areas, rail crossings, and areas with high-speed problems. Holiday weekends bring particularly high incidents of aggressive driving and road rage. Strategies to minimize potential danger:
• Don't react to provocation, avoid all conflict
• Stay away from erratic drivers
• Call for help (1-800-GRAB-DUI or cellular DUI)
• Avoid eye contact with an aggressive driver
• Use your horn sparingly
• Don't make obscene gestures
• Signal when switching lanes
• Don't tailgate or block the passing lane
• When parking take up one space
• Allow plenty of time for your trip
Old 11-14-2005, 11:49 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SchnellerUmsetzer
Defining Danger - Aggressive driving is commonly defined as operating a vehicle in a manner that endangers or is likely to endanger others or their property. The driver is guilty of at least one of the following offenses: speeding, lane-wavering, running red lights or stop sign, failure to yield the right of way and reckless driving.
At least burnouts are not in ths list......

Originally Posted by SchnellerUmsetzer
>>>>>>Typical TRIAD locations include road construction zones, school zones, heavily congested traffic areas, rail crossings, and areas with high-speed problems. Holiday weekends bring particularly high incidents of aggressive driving and road rage. Strategies to minimize potential danger:
• Don't react to provocation, avoid all conflict
• Stay away from erratic drivers
• Call for help (1-800-GRAB-DUI or cellular DUI)
• Avoid eye contact with an aggressive driver
• Use your horn sparingly
• Don't make obscene gestures
• Signal when switching lanes
• Don't tailgate or block the passing lane
• When parking take up one space
• Allow plenty of time for your trip
They forgot the most important tip. Make sure that you aim is more accurate than the other guys!

To answer the original question, I drive my toys so infrequently that I feel the need to hammer them when I drive them. I don;t know why everyone are such pansies with 1st gear. Hell I will rev to 4-5K and and let it loose from a stop. I shift hard going into 2nd and many time get a lot wheelsping after shift. I go around corners fast. Now, I must say, that I don;t do this with traffic around and if I am going excessively fast, I make sure it is in areas where I can see there is no traffic and that I knpow the roads so that no traffic will appear unexpectedly.

To put this in perspective, on motorcycle I have many times been 160+ on public roads. The 951 has seen over 150 on public roads. Normally, I try and keep things under 100.

Again, if there are other cars aorund, I keep with the flow of traffic. I don't go crazy around others. If I kill myself thats one thing, but I don't want to hurt anyone who is not involved.

-Dana
Old 11-14-2005, 03:19 PM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

Originally Posted by DanaT

To put this in perspective, on motorcycle I have many times been 160+ on public roads. The 951 has seen over 150 on public roads. Normally, I try and keep things under 100.

Again, if there are other cars aorund, I keep with the flow of traffic. I don't go crazy around others. If I kill myself thats one thing, but I don't want to hurt anyone who is not involved.

-Dana
Dittos

There is a time and a place for everything!
Long straight interstates in remote area's (similar to the Autobahn).

Quick Reply: How hard do you drive your car?