Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 06:02 PM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new 951

I bought another 951!
Great car!
Odometer stopped and somebody removed the left rear seat belt, brakes squeal a bit and there are cracks in the dashboard. Typical
The car runs great. I have an authority 2 stage 2 chip for it. Last owner guy put 996 wheels on the car. It looks cool.

Here is the deal:
The last owner had a "Performance boost pressure valve" installed! No name but I have the receipt. The car runs good really, but unlike my other 951 I never see it bury to 2 BAR! He said that he had car boost set passing!

I am going to take the car to my factory mech. and have him take a look and "UN rig" any crap that may be on it install the anti-squeak pads from Pelican parts, go through the front belts and seals, and install the Authority 2 Stage 2 chips.

Does anybody know "just from the hip" why the boost is like it is?

I will post a pic when I get my digital working again!
Old 11-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like he installed a manual boost controller. What it does is wait until a certain psi and then allows the wastegate to open. hitting the 2 bar means its running at or over 14 psi which is not unheard of with auto authority chips.

Get some pictures up of the car!! also get a picture of this "performance boost pressure valve"

-Ian
Old 11-03-2005, 07:13 PM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool,
The car is fast. It is just the the boost is weird!
Old 11-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have an aftermarket boost gauge. You might want to look into getting one along with a wideband afr gauge or datalogger. You will want to know those because when these cars ping stuff breaks..

Also if you want to take her out and go autocrossing this sunday in Waterbury let me know through PM. me and a couple other guys are going (even though ill be in the festiva).

-Ian

Quick Reply: My new 951