Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

WTB Guru or Vitesse chips.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 05:03 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eyal 951
I spoke to him on Sunday. When I asked, he said hes still doing chips and such. Hes supposed to do my tuning, but with all of what I hear about vitesse, i want to give vitesse chips a try... not sure if I can unfortunatly.
~Eyal

I don't know what tuning you are capable of doing, but with your setup (if I know it) the Vitesse chips should work flawlessly out of the box. My MAF chips work great from what I can tell so far with the PowerPerfect (LF MAF kit) set to all zeros. Tuning to come soon to verify...
Old 10-19-2005, 05:11 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the problem is Vitesse does not want to send me a set of chips, due to the compression increase. (I understand his stance here, you gotta watch your back in business) Finding used vitesse software is not going to be easy, and getting new software seems to be out of the question.
~Eyal
Old 10-19-2005, 07:06 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Eyal 951, FYI I'm more watching out for you than for me.. I can sell you a std chip, then if there is a problem due to the 91oct and the raised CR on your car, you will end up holding the bag.. This is not the way i do things, I do want your business, but not if I cannot provide a perfect solution for you I will pass.. You have someone close by that owes you a set of chips, perhaps it's time to collect..
If you want a custom chip, I might be able to help you.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:57 PM
420WHP944
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbinek
Did Promax motorsport do a 951 tuning based on GURU parts? I thougt I read a test in an older Porsche World issue.
I do write to Danno back and forth intense quite some time this year. Hope he does fine and puts some stuff together for me. I am looking forward for the goodies.
if its the 422 bhp alpine white car you are talking about well then....yes, it's my car now. 2.8 ltr, s2 crank, pauter rods, mahle pistons, kokeln turbo, larger intercooler, 55lb/hr siemens injectors, map sensor,18 psi boost, remapped ecu etc.

all i can say is this car is awesome

idles smooth as a babys ***, instant throttle response and virtually no turbo lag....nothing short of amazing and i love it!!
Old 10-19-2005, 09:34 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by fast951
Eyal 951, FYI I'm more watching out for you than for me.. I can sell you a std chip, then if there is a problem due to the 91oct and the raised CR on your car, you will end up holding the bag.. This is not the way i do things, I do want your business, but not if I cannot provide a perfect solution for you I will pass.. You have someone close by that owes you a set of chips, perhaps it's time to collect..
If you want a custom chip, I might be able to help you.
I truly understand, and there are NO hard feelings. I know that I want to try the vitesse chips. aside from the head work, the car is relativly stockish, and i have monitoring equipment (Zeitronix, with boost, AF, and EGT) so I'll be able to get into it slowly, if i think the chips arent a good match, I'll pull em out, and learn that I shouldn't be so eager.
As far as custom chip, I don't want to spend that kind of money, since the chip wont even last all that long. That AFM won't be in there all that much longer, since I'll be going to (vitesse) MAF, and I'll need MAF chips, (or piggy back)
I hope you aren't upset that I brought this into the public forum, i wanted to get a feel for if there are any used chips out there, and i wanted people to know how responsible you run Vitesse.
~Eyal
Old 10-20-2005, 04:47 AM
promax_motorsport
Racer

Default White 951 421.9 BHP

>>Originally Posted by turbinek
Did Promax motorsport do a 951 tuning based on GURU parts? I thougt I read a test in an older Porsche World issue.
I do write to Danno back and forth intense quite some time this year. Hope he does fine and puts some stuff together for me. I am looking forward for the goodies.<<

It was nothing to do wtih GURU racing. The car was tuned in the UK by Wayne Schofield. To my knowledge, it's still the most powerful 944 Turbo from the UK (that's been verified for power).

Wow, I do miss that car!

John, I'll be in FL in November!

Regards,
Andrew
Old 10-20-2005, 09:08 PM
420WHP944
Pro

Originally Posted by promax_motorsport
>>Originally Posted by turbinek

It was nothing to do wtih GURU racing. The car was tuned in the UK by Wayne Schofield. To my knowledge, it's still the most powerful 944 Turbo from the UK (that's been verified for power).

Wow, I do miss that car!

John, I'll be in FL in November!

Regards,
Andrew

respect to wayne schofield....great tuning job

i miss the car too andrew...its a bitch knowing its just sitting in the garage at home and i cant get my mitts on it!! lol

great to see you'll be in fl next month...we have to meet up for a few pints as i'm only a short drive from your location.......
Old 10-21-2005, 02:09 PM
turbinek
Instructor

Originally Posted by 420WHP944
respect to wayne schofield....great tuning job

i miss the car too andrew...its a bitch knowing its just sitting in the garage at home and i cant get my mitts on it!! lol

great to see you'll be in fl next month...we have to meet up for a few pints as i'm only a short drive from your location.......
So this is the existing example of a excellent woriking 951 map installation. That is not only a happy customer's meaning there is also an article in UK's independent Porsche Maganzine "PORSCHE WORLD".
Congratulation to everybody who was involved in the projekt - never the less it has been claimed to be impossible to have a good working map solution together with motronic.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:48 PM
420WHP944
Pro

Originally Posted by turbinek
So this is the existing example of a excellent woriking 951 map installation. That is not only a happy customer's meaning there is also an article in UK's independent Porsche Maganzine "PORSCHE WORLD".
Congratulation to everybody who was involved in the projekt - never the less it has been claimed to be impossible to have a good working map solution together with motronic.
turbinek....it works extremely well

wayne schofield decided to use a map sensor from a 1990 E36 BMW M3.

as i've stated many times before on here........this car idles super smooth, has instant acceleration with almost zero turbo lag and the power delivery is awesome

it was originally andrew sweetenhams car from promaxmotorsport in the uk.....it was his project so he would have all the relevant info regarding the tuning set-up etc....

btw.....it was july 04 issue of 911@porsche world when the car was featured. philip raby was the tested the car for the feature and he was very impressed!! i also think 911@porsche world is the creme de la creme of all porsche mags in the world....bar none......so that kinda says something about the cars quality.

it was also featured in another fine porsche mag from the uk......gt purely porsche at the same time, july 04 issue...

Quick Reply: WTB Guru or Vitesse chips.