Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum-72/)
-   -   WTB Guru or Vitesse chips. (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/233127-wtb-guru-or-vitesse-chips.html)

Ahmet 10-16-2005 07:15 PM

WTB Guru or Vitesse chips.

Hello,

Im looking to buy Guru or Vitesse chips (looking for just the chips, not the FPR and the boost controller). Anybody got a set for sale?
Thanks
Ahmet

ehall 10-16-2005 11:39 PM

Buy the chips from Vitesse. The new ones are improved from the old. He sellds chips only, and for AFM.

SoloRacer 10-17-2005 02:47 AM

I would agree with e-hall. I've had both Guru and Vitesse products and the Vitesse chips are superior. I would gladly have sold you my old Guru chips if I hadn't sold them with the turbo I was using.

Ian Carr 10-17-2005 11:41 AM

Vitesse all the way. You will not hear many possitive feedbacks about guru products. Vitesse makes amazing chip sets, and has the best customer service around. Plus i belive Danno (aka guru) is still behind with shipping out his products.

-Ian

Ahmet 10-17-2005 12:01 PM

I am looking for the chips only, and I do not believe that Vitesse would sell just the chips by themselves. I have both a boost controller and the 3 bar FPR. Also, I'm fine with "used" chips, infact I guess I should've said that this is what I was looking for. That said I will give Vitesse a call and see if they would just sell the chips seperately.

Anyway, I do feel obligated to point out that having been around Rennlist since before it's current BBS form, I have seen people flock to a vendor before. It's not that long ago that guru was the hot news in town...

Besides, I have personally put down over 310ft-lbs on a K26/6 on pump gas with a guru chipset. I have tried no less than 6 "different" chips, some of them on the dyno and I can't say that I was unhappy with any of them, though some are clearly better than others. The price for a set of autothority or like replica chips has fallen to ~$50 on ebay.
Ahmet

Mike1982 10-17-2005 12:42 PM

Vitesse does sell just the chips, trust me. I had to buy some from him when I got a used MAF and everything. I just got the chips from him, so I know you can buy his chips.

turbinek 10-17-2005 01:57 PM

I can not agree more with all the writers before me, except customized solutions from Vitesse have been limited, that time I asked John. But for sure he seems to have the best working sets. I am waiting for a setup from another tuner. I will board as soon as I have it...

fast951 10-17-2005 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by turbinek
I can not agree more with all the writers before me, except customized solutions from Vitesse have been limited, that time I asked John. But for sure he seems to have the best working sets. I am waiting for a setup from another tuner. I will board as soon as I have it...

Customized solutions is a part of our business, however we do not take on projects that we think are not a good idea or if we do not have enough data to succeed. Unless we are 100% positive of the outcome, we will not touch a project just to make $.! Custom work is expensive, so how much do you want to spend?

schnellfahrer 10-17-2005 04:40 PM

I have a set of 18psi Guru chips for an '86 with the 26/6 turbo somewhere.
I liked the chips very much (when I eventually received them).

turbinek 10-18-2005 05:03 PM

To John
I really think you have the best kits maf kits on the market and everybody may see your effort on tuning Porsche cars. You're an outstanding person.
kind regards

kasturbo 10-18-2005 05:36 PM

I have a set of Guru 18 psi chips for a maf car for 87 and up. PM me an offer if interested.

promax_motorsport 10-18-2005 08:01 PM

Hi All,

Anybody know what has happened to GURU Racing / Danno? Is he still trading? Have sent many messages but no replies

Regards,
Andrew

ehall 10-18-2005 08:07 PM

Ahmet. Here ya go.

http://www.vitesseracing.com/Catalog...ips/chips.html

Eyal 951 10-18-2005 08:08 PM

I spoke to him on Sunday. When I asked, he said hes still doing chips and such. Hes supposed to do my tuning, but with all of what I hear about vitesse, i want to give vitesse chips a try... not sure if I can unfortunatly.
~Eyal

turbinek 10-19-2005 04:45 PM

Did Promax motorsport do a 951 tuning based on GURU parts? I thougt I read a test in an older Porsche World issue.
I do write to Danno back and forth intense quite some time this year. Hope he does fine and puts some stuff together for me. I am looking forward for the goodies.